That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Chat about anything football related here!
Hammertime

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by Hammertime »

I certainly understand the will to keep all politics out of football and not use the platform for any partisan agenda. But when you start aligning a BLM movement to this game it is, imo, a wholly different proposition. Firstly you have to acknowledge the global brand that the premier league is now. Despite the colonial entitlement of those of us that are multi-generational supporters feel, I live in a country where that is not the case and understand full-well that there are many other countries on many continents that are glued to this league.

That said, there is an issue here in the US that is abhorrent and part of an institutional conditioning of discrimination. We have a police brutality issue that has been going on for decades, preceded by Jim Crow that went on for almost a hundred years, proceeded by centuries one of the most horrific acts of brutality on the planet. That is just the tip of the iceberg here, and "what does it have to do with us" I hear the virtual terraces over there sing? Well, two fold; firstly it is vital the societies that view this one from the outside condemn it's practices with impartial and non-partisan outrage. Being in this country is, in part, a denial of the reality which is lived day-to-day and seeing the sport with the largest global following get behind the message is far more powerful that you think. Secondly the aforementioned global aspect of the game, not only among the fans, but also the players. "Kick it Out" is still fighting an uphill battle in the game, in many parts of Europe and last season saw a spike in the reported abuse of black players.

So in summary if you're sick of this league because of it's grandstanding an issue that protests the subjugation of a person based on the colour of their skin, while watching a game full of POC playing it, being broadcast all over the world, then I'm afraid you've lost the fucking plot!
#fuckqatar2022

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:55 am
h69 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:44 am

Flair

Personally I disagree with any sport having any politics in it whatsoever.

The message is bollocks. Black people are not oppressed in the UK. It si simply not true. They used to be but London is probably one of the most cosmopolitan cities on this planet. They complain they are more likely to be arrested but that is because they commit the most crime. Not rocket science is it.

I think most people want to know why Black people feel they need a special movement in the UK. This country is not endemically racist whatever they have you think (It used to be but not now). I only kneel to the Queen and God. I am not about to kneel to a movement that wants to erase the history of the country.

The killing of George Floyd was abhorrent but was no more racist than the killing of the guy above in this thread who was white. Why should I need to kneel or why should I watch this nonsense in sport ?

Three people were killed by the police in the UK last year. Two were white and one was a muslim terrorist.

And then they start defacing monuments and pulling them down. You dont see white people trying to destroy the Roman towns built by slaves in this country.....or are they not dark enough

Wanting the Rhodes statue pulled down - a man who has a foundation to help underpriviliged people go to Oxford.
Defacing the Cenotaph - there to comemorate soldiers that died for these idiots.
Attacking Winston Churchills statue, a man that gave them the right to democracy and to protest
Wanting to remove the England Rugby teams anthem
Complaining about CocoPops packaging because it has a monkey but Rice Krispies dont
Pulling programs from the 70s

The whole BLM in the UK is really a cover for anti capitalist left wing extremists. That is what this is about. Go look at their donation site.

We are all being played for mugs.
Ask any Footballer this weekend what BLM wants and stands for,99.9% won't know..Footballers are like sheep and are being used in my opinion.
...and nobody likes a black sheep - which makes it a bit awkward

Post by 9898 »

95% of posters on a West Ham forum are past middle age and racist. Quelle surprise.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

9898 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:43 pm 95% of posters on a West Ham forum are past middle age and racist. Quelle surprise.
yeah,you say that - but everyone in the KKK looks the same to me

only1salty

Post by only1salty »

Hammertime wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:17 pm I certainly understand the will to keep all politics out of football and not use the platform for any partisan agenda. But when you start aligning a BLM movement to this game it is, imo, a wholly different proposition. Firstly you have to acknowledge the global brand that the premier league is now. Despite the colonial entitlement of those of us that are multi-generational supporters feel, I live in a country where that is not the case and understand full-well that there are many other countries on many continents that are glued to this league.

That said, there is an issue here in the US that is abhorrent and part of an institutional conditioning of discrimination. We have a police brutality issue that has been going on for decades, preceded by Jim Crow that went on for almost a hundred years, proceeded by centuries one of the most horrific acts of brutality on the planet. That is just the tip of the iceberg here, and "what does it have to do with us" I hear the virtual terraces over there sing? Well, two fold; firstly it is vital the societies that view this one from the outside condemn it's practices with impartial and non-partisan outrage. Being in this country is, in part, a denial of the reality which is lived day-to-day and seeing the sport with the largest global following get behind the message is far more powerful that you think. Secondly the aforementioned global aspect of the game, not only among the fans, but also the players. "Kick it Out" is still fighting an uphill battle in the game, in many parts of Europe and last season saw a spike in the reported abuse of black players.

So in summary if you're sick of this league because of it's grandstanding an issue that protests the subjugation of a person based on the colour of their skin, while watching a game full of POC playing it, being broadcast all over the world, then I'm afraid you've lost the fucking plot!
You seem to have missed my point completely. Read the manifesto of BLM. Actually read it

Only a tiny minority disagree that racism is abhorrent. That exists in all races. Read the thread and see what others are actually trying to say. (except that numbers fuckwit)

What most people do not agree with is wholesale illegal activism or the over politicising of a social issue. You can be against racism without having to support BLM.

The BLM movement has been politically hijacked to now include such aspects IN THE UK as

Dismantle capitalism
Abolish the police
Dismantle the state
Erase history

If you don't think that is a political cause that does nothing but polarise people then I'm afraid it is you who has lost the fucking plot!

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

I reckon the PL are thankful all this shit is done behind closed doors I would imagine quite a few fan’s showing their contempt at this fucking fiasco.

Parcel Force

Post by Parcel Force »

FOA TOWIE, the Crusader of Equality...

You do realise that about 70% of club owners in the top 2 divisions in England are foreign? I don't see those in charge of Man City giving Dwight Yorke an interview. That must really twist your melon.

Darren Moore said it best when he was sacked by West Brom and Chris Hughton was sacked by Brighton, and was asked if there was any ulterior motive behind it.

“People may allude towards that [the apparently racial undertones] and I can’t change the mind set of people, all I can do is just speak on behalf of myself and when I got the job I was the same person as I am now.

“It was based on footballing matters and we move forward.

“We were installed in the jobs in the first place and I’d like to think that we’ll get opportunity to carry on being managers elsewhere. We’re both young managers in the game with bright and fresh ideas. We want to bring that somewhere else and have the opportunity at another club to get back into the competitive game, the game we both love and serve so well."

He quickly got another job, and good luck to him, he's a good bloke who refuses to make excuses.
Ban Avit from making Youtube videos

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:55 am

Ask any Footballer this weekend what BLM wants and stands for,99.9% won't know..Footballers are like sheep and are being used in my opinion.
I make you right. And imo that means footballers are no different to a very big percentage of the population. We all know them mate. People who have opinions an everything------until you ask them to explain why and they don't know where to start.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Towie

Post by Towie »

Parcel Force wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:48 pm FOA TOWIE, the Crusader of Equality...

You do realise that about 70% of club owners in the top 2 divisions in England are foreign? I don't see those in charge of Man City giving Dwight Yorke an interview. That must really twist your melon.

Darren Moore said it best when he was sacked by West Brom and Chris Hughton was sacked by Brighton, and was asked if there was any ulterior motive behind it.

“People may allude towards that [the apparently racial undertones] and I can’t change the mind set of people, all I can do is just speak on behalf of myself and when I got the job I was the same person as I am now.

“We were installed in the jobs in the first place and I’d like to think that we’ll get opportunity to carry on being managers elsewhere. We’re both young managers in the game with bright and fresh ideas. We want to bring that somewhere else and have the opportunity at another club to get back into the competitive game, the game we both love and serve so well."

He quickly got another job, and good luck to him, he's a good bloke who refuses to make excuses.
Here Parcelfarce, I’m not a crusader for equality but I do treat people the same regardless gender, colour, religion.

Don’t see the problem with that and can’t understand why people get upset by the Rooney rule, as for taking the knee who bloody cares. Grown men getting wound up by it just like you are ffs.

Not so long ago A university applied for jobs using similar CV’s with just different names. Guess the ratio that were rejected that had black/Asian names?
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

h69

Post by h69 »

Parcel Force wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:48 pm FOA TOWIE, the Crusader of Equality...

Yes. Chris Hughton was sacked as they didnt like his brand of football. He was as black when he was sacked as he was when he was hired.