That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: That’s it for me , I won’t be watching...

Post by mkhammer »

terrya1965 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:22 pm
Towie wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:10 pm Villa should have let Sheff Utd walk the ball in.

Lawsuit pending.
Why?

It`s not Villa's fault.

I have yet to see anything like this ever go to court and it won't start now.

It's Sheff Utd Terry... :lol: .....................watch this space.....

They fail a Euro Quali by a point....pretty much nailed on,they'll be wanting a few bucks compensation....

Mind you in all fairness be seriously fucked off myself,it happened to us.

Looks like they need someone to keep an eye on the VAR rubbish now....what a shambles...

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Flairon wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:29 am How on earth is putting BLM on the shirts promoting a racist anti white movement!?!

FFS, the message behind BLM, is not that white lives or all lives do not! I am stunned that people still do not, or do not want to understand that the message is that BLM as well.

Quite frankly, I do not understand why some people are so upset about the league making a gesture (and at the end of the day, that is all it is, a gesture) in support of a worthy cause.

Anyone can make an argument along the lines of "why not this cause or that cause". There are no doubt many worthy causes, but does it really diminish the message hear!?! The clubs are on board as are they players. so why as a society are we so resistant?
I would like to ask this question?

In the UK,What rights do I get over a Black person?

NO black person is suppressed any more than any other person.You get poor people from ALL races,not just Black people.

Everybody is entitled to an Education in this country..If you choose to take that route,any creed or colour,you can achieve.

I worked in a Factory in London in the 1980's.Money wasn`t great,but I got by and quite enjoyed it there.My Foreman had a son who came to work in between his studies,Christmas,Easter and Summer.He was a black fella called Oz...He said to me,Terry,I can either go one way or the other..I could hang around on the streets and commit crime or I can get an Education...I am choosing the latter.

He did quite well...His name is Ozwald Boateng ..If you travel to London and walk along Savile Row..You will see one of his shops down there.

Here he is getting his OBE:

If you want to achieve,you can,whatever colour you are.
Last edited by terrya1965 on Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

I'll just add a comment to Salty's excellent post on the BLM issue. And I fully agree with him that no way should football be used as a vehicle to promote what is essentially a politically driven movement.

All rational people agree discrimination is wrong. But things that happened years ago happened because they were the accepted norm then. Times change, and so do people's attitudes. This doesn't only apply to racial issues, although to listen to some of the BLM "spokespersons" you wouldn't realise it.

By today's standards Britain, in common with all other colonialist powers back in the day, was a "racist" country. But by the standards and practices that existed then the colonialist powers were seen as a force for bringing civilisation to the indigenous populations. And by bringing standards of western civilisation to those less developed countries most people would agree the quality of life in them was improved for those people we would today be accused of "exploiting".

I guess in pretty much the same was as back in the mists of time our own country benefited immeasurably from Roman "exploitation".
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:12 am I'll just add a comment to Salty's excellent post on the BLM issue. And I fully agree with him that no way should football be used as a vehicle to promote what is essentially a politically driven movement.

All rational people agree discrimination is wrong. But things that happened years ago happened because they were the accepted norm then. Times change, and so do people's attitudes. This doesn't only apply to racial issues, although to listen to some of the BLM "spokespersons" you wouldn't realise it.

By today's standards Britain, in common with all other colonialist powers back in the day, was a "racist" country. But by the standards and practices that existed then the colonialist powers were seen as a force for bringing civilisation to the indigenous populations. And by bringing standards of western civilisation to those less developed countries most people would agree the quality of life in them was improved for those people we would today be accused of "exploiting".

I guess in pretty much the same was as back in the mists of time our own country benefited immeasurably from Roman "exploitation".
I knew someone would eventually get round to blaming us Italians.

h69

Post by h69 »

Flairon wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 8:29 am How on earth is putting BLM on the shirts promoting a racist anti white movement!?!

FFS, the message behind BLM, is not that white lives or all lives do not! I am stunned that people still do not, or do not want to understand that the message is that BLM as well.

Quite frankly, I do not understand why some people are so upset about the league making a gesture (and at the end of the day, that is all it is, a gesture) in support of a worthy cause.

Anyone can make an argument along the lines of "why not this cause or that cause". There are no doubt many worthy causes, but does it really diminish the message hear!?! The clubs are on board as are they players. so why as a society are we so resistant?
Flair

Personally I disagree with any sport having any politics in it whatsoever.

The message is bollocks. Black people are not oppressed in the UK. It si simply not true. They used to be but London is probably one of the most cosmopolitan cities on this planet. They complain they are more likely to be arrested but that is because they commit the most crime. Not rocket science is it.

I think most people want to know why Black people feel they need a special movement in the UK. This country is not endemically racist whatever they have you think (It used to be but not now). I only kneel to the Queen and God. I am not about to kneel to a movement that wants to erase the history of the country.

The killing of George Floyd was abhorrent but was no more racist than the killing of the guy above in this thread who was white. Why should I need to kneel or why should I watch this nonsense in sport ?

Three people were killed by the police in the UK last year. Two were white and one was a muslim terrorist.

And then they start defacing monuments and pulling them down. You dont see white people trying to destroy the Roman towns built by slaves in this country.....or are they not dark enough

Wanting the Rhodes statue pulled down - a man who has a foundation to help underpriviliged people go to Oxford.
Defacing the Cenotaph - there to comemorate soldiers that died for these idiots.
Attacking Winston Churchills statue, a man that gave them the right to democracy and to protest
Wanting to remove the England Rugby teams anthem
Complaining about CocoPops packaging because it has a monkey but Rice Krispies dont
Pulling programs from the 70s

The whole BLM in the UK is really a cover for anti capitalist left wing extremists. That is what this is about. Go look at their donation site.

We are all being played for mugs.
Attachments
WhatsApp Image 2020-06-18 at 12.39.24.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-06-18 at 12.39.24.jpeg (88.75 KiB) Viewed 2190 times

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

h69 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 11:44 am

Flair

Personally I disagree with any sport having any politics in it whatsoever.

The message is bollocks. Black people are not oppressed in the UK. It si simply not true. They used to be but London is probably one of the most cosmopolitan cities on this planet. They complain they are more likely to be arrested but that is because they commit the most crime. Not rocket science is it.

I think most people want to know why Black people feel they need a special movement in the UK. This country is not endemically racist whatever they have you think (It used to be but not now). I only kneel to the Queen and God. I am not about to kneel to a movement that wants to erase the history of the country.

The killing of George Floyd was abhorrent but was no more racist than the killing of the guy above in this thread who was white. Why should I need to kneel or why should I watch this nonsense in sport ?

Three people were killed by the police in the UK last year. Two were white and one was a muslim terrorist.

And then they start defacing monuments and pulling them down. You dont see white people trying to destroy the Roman towns built by slaves in this country.....or are they not dark enough

Wanting the Rhodes statue pulled down - a man who has a foundation to help underpriviliged people go to Oxford.
Defacing the Cenotaph - there to comemorate soldiers that died for these idiots.
Attacking Winston Churchills statue, a man that gave them the right to democracy and to protest
Wanting to remove the England Rugby teams anthem
Complaining about CocoPops packaging because it has a monkey but Rice Krispies dont
Pulling programs from the 70s

The whole BLM in the UK is really a cover for anti capitalist left wing extremists. That is what this is about. Go look at their donation site.

We are all being played for mugs.
Ask any Footballer this weekend what BLM wants and stands for,99.9% won't know..Footballers are like sheep and are being used in my opinion.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Very very good posts by Salty , Whisky and Terry.

Particularly Whisky’s post .

It IS possible to be anti -left extremist without being a Nazi

Nothing that is feasible is ever going to stop minorities feeling oppressed whether they are or not but my biggest gripe in all this is the way everything is being reported .

The Bbc and Sky are the worst but Fleet Street isn’t far behind.

Our Forces Veterans being described as “far right” ffs .

And also (and this is pre-BLM bollocks) the DFLA , the football lads alliance , a bunch of footy fans from all over the country formed to oppose ALL extremism on all sides , being branded as “far Right Wing rascist thugs “ ffs.

A good friend of mine that also posts on here is very strongly involved in DFLA marches and he will tell you...

Last weekend there were PLENTY of black faces about , both amongst the footy lads AND our forces veterans .

But the media refuse to report or publish those details.

Far easier to follow their sheep’s agenda and the majority of their customers believe every word .

The Premier League , by the way , jumping on this bandwagon to deflect attention away from their selfish greed ridden restart agenda is disgusting and as much as I really want to watch our game tomorrow I just can’t .

Mehmet Ozil had it right and I don’t blame him.
Bring back Jonathon !

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Radio and chat forums for me tomorrow.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

palerider

Post by palerider »

ToneLoc wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:23 pm Radio and chat forums for me tomorrow.
I'm relieved you didn't say half chat.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

palerider wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:33 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:23 pm Radio and chat forums for me tomorrow.
I'm relieved you didn't say half chat.
Ffs :roll: :D
Bring back Jonathon !