America burns

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
h69

Re: America burns

Post by h69 »

A taser is a weapon. The offender who resisted arrest pointed it at the cop. The cop defended himself.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:32 am A taser is a weapon. The offender who resisted arrest pointed it at the cop. The cop defended himself.
And it really is as simple as that .

MK .... are you Reverend Curtis ? :lol: :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:24 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 10:55 am
Hang on, let's not lose the shape of this.

This is not a movie,where you are reviewing the story structure and offering specific opinions on the events depicted.

It is an edited recording of real events in the sequence they occurred.

So what it actually shows and documents is the moment when a man under arrest,breaks free from restraint,takes
an officers taser,threatens the officer and is then disabled by the officer. That's the content.

And the escalation of conflict can be clearly seen and heard long before the suspect turns and discharges a taser
directly at an officer which resulted in the suspects fatal shooting.

The idea of charging the officer with murder is simply ludicrous. Because under what circumstances is a Policeman
allowed to protect his own life. Exactly.
But you can only go on the evidence from the footage...which TBH is nearly perfect...no real grey area to discuss...
You're saying its OK to Shoot and "Deliberately "Kill a drunken guy that has gone into panic mode...for what are bloody
good reasons...considering recent events..I disagree, as the courts will do....this is cut and dried Mate.
He's life was never under threat BD...thats a defence that wont bear up in court.,if it was then the everyday use of the
police using Tasers has to be stopped...because they are life threatening according to the Police themselves..
He was running away...didn't aim at the officer,who he could have probably hit if he really wanted to...was more a
warning...leave me alone thing..

A Taser doesn't kill you....the police use them on themselves in training...it stuns the nervous system for a minute
or so....
They have his car, documents...they know where he lives....he's just gonna run home...pick him up later...if he does gets away
so what...he fell asleep in his car FFS.......Seriously mate you cant kill someone cos of that...

Like said before he takes a gun....I'd shoot him...no question...not a Taser...

Sorry again mate...but thats very near to as clear case of someone unnecessarily/needlessly killing someone as it gets...
Even murderers usually have a reason...
The case for the lawful justification of deadly force now looks weaker, after it has been revealed that the officer involved in the shooting,knew that the taser taken from him was not functional,as it had already been fired twice and was no use to the suspect.

This obviously suggests that the officer knew he was in no immediate danger when he fatally discharged his weapon.

That renders a self defence explanation null and void. Or at the best makes it a bit thin.

Further unsavoury images have emerged of the officer kicking the prone dying man and not attempting
life saving resuscitation.

...well I didn't see that coming... :o

palerider

Post by palerider »

Doing away with the black geezer on Uncle Ben's rice now and a fucking good job too.

Every time I ate it I had an uncontrollable urge to run out into the street and sing 'De Camptown Races', and it was very embarrassing.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:24 pm Doing away with the black geezer on Uncle Ben's rice now and a fucking good job too.

Every time I ate it I had an uncontrollable urge to run out into the street and sing 'De Camptown Races', and it was very embarrassing.
Aunt Jemima's syrup and pancake mix are ditching their name and image, due to racial stereotyping...whereas,I thought the old wholesome southern black gal vibe,was part of it's authentic heritage and popularity.

Golly gum drops...and speaking of same,Liquorice allsorts will be next and no black wine drops allowed or bottles of black current juice skulking at the back of a cupboard...

#BTM Black Things Matter

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:42 pm
palerider wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:24 pm Doing away with the black geezer on Uncle Ben's rice now and a fucking good job too.

Aunt Jemima's syrup and pancake mix are ditching their name and image, due to racial stereotyping...whereas,I thought the old wholesome southern black gal vibe,was part of it's authentic heritage and popularity.

Golly gum drops...and speaking of same,Liquorice allsorts will be next and no black wine drops allowed or bottles of black current juice skulking at the back of a cupboard...

#BTM Black Things Matter
Absolutely.

As for marmite. You either love it or hate it. Luckily I love it but to say you hate it ?

May just as well go out with a white hood and a burning cross.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

I’m still traumatised after my favourite jam lost its iconic figure.
:(

Blackjack anyone !!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Wont be hearing this for much longer...when people actually start to listen to Mick and Keefs lyrics....

Brown lives matter as well...... :lol:

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

They're replacing him with new character called Uncle Tom.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The rugger buggers will need a new anthem

:roll: