Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Whiskyman

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Whiskyman »

tassiehammer wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 10:31 am Thought you lot might be pissed off if posted on the football post. But.....
Aussie Rules starts tonight!!!! The virus is fucked!!!! :) :D
Empty stadiums though.
That game has rules ? You learn something new every day. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

The Club are Knocking out claret and blue face masks @ £17 for 3...if anyones interested...

Would look pretty cool with the £25 Aviators their putting out as well.......

Can't wait to walk round MK centre in that get up...... :lol:

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Well now Primarks is open ...think I'll get in the 2 Hour queue and scramble to get in and buy a £3.99 T/Shirt/Top....

Seriously WTF are people on....on a different Planet to me.....

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Universal Credit and Jobseeker’s Allowance .

That’s what a lot of people are on .

And not everybody has an endless supply of socks and underpants.

Will queuing up outside the Barbers be ok ?
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Did anyone see the rabble outside the Nike shop in Oxford Street yesterday? Fuckin crazy all huddled up at the door. Looked like a mini Hillsborough ffs
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Who needs shops when there's Amazon ? ;)

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:46 am Universal Credit and Jobseeker’s Allowance .

Mate.. the people in those queues......who were...pushing and shoving...(.I used Primarks ,but meant generally) have a look
at the Oxford Street Nike Store Footage....
Are not the poor fuckers that are struggling...that I'm fully aware of are out there........it's these fuckers that are spending
their....UCs and other Benefits on a £70 pair of trainers whilst having other incomes...dodgy or legit...that are fuckin it up
for the single mothers, others etc..that really need it...

palerider

Post by palerider »

Mid- March I was due to go ski-ing in France with four mates but due to the house move I cancelled. They just got the trip in in time as the Frogs shut everything down two days after they got back.

Found out yesterday that all four tested positive for coronavirus. All had the same symptoms, sore throat and a fever for about three days. Also feeling really tired.

So nothing life-threatening, but it looks like I dodged a bullet nonetheless.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:37 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 11:46 am Universal Credit and Jobseeker’s Allowance .

Mate.. the people in those queues......who were...pushing and shoving...(.I used Primarks ,but meant generally) have a look
Are not the poor fuckers that are struggling...that I'm fully aware of are out there........it's these fuckers that are spending
their....UCs and other Benefits on a £70 pair of trainers whilst having other incomes...dodgy or legit...that are fuckin it up
I don't blame anybody for ripping off the system tbh. But I do blame the silly fucking politicians, both sides of the house, who over the years have presided over a system which is so open to abuse that, guess what, people abuse it. And what do they do about it ?

Fuck all is what. My eldest boy recently had a bit of work done on his house and was encouraged to pay the blokes in cash, for which he received a reduced price for the job. Obviously he took advantage, so he's part of the conspiracy just like any of us would have been. My 14 year old grandson suggested during a conversation that if we did away with cash that situation couldn't happen. I'm not sure it couldn't happen but it would sure as hell make it more difficult to get away with. Let's face it we don't need cash any more do we ? Since I started paying my bar bills with plastic (the last bastion of the cash transaction) the only time I use cash now is when I bung the grandkids a few quid when I see them.

And is what my boy did, and what I've certainly done in the past, which is effectively stiffing the system, any worse than the bloke who claims jobseekers allowance whilst working as a driver for Uber or doing a bit of cash in hand car delivery work ?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:00 am
mkhammer wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:37 am

I don't blame anybody for ripping off the system tbh. But I do blame the silly fucking politicians, both sides of the house, who over the years have presided over a system which is so open to abuse that, guess what, people abuse it. And what do they do about it ?

Fuck all is what. My eldest boy recently had a bit of work done on his house and was encouraged to pay the blokes in cash, for which he received a reduced price for the job. Obviously he took advantage, so he's part of the conspiracy just like any of us would have been. My 14 year old grandson suggested during a conversation that if we did away with cash that situation couldn't happen. I'm not sure it couldn't happen but it would sure as hell make it more difficult to get away with. Let's face it we don't need cash any more do we ? Since I started paying my bar bills with plastic (the last bastion of the cash transaction) the only time I use cash now is when I bung the grandkids a few quid when I see them.

And is what my boy did, and what I've certainly done in the past, which is effectively stiffing the system, any worse than the bloke who claims jobseekers allowance whilst working as a driver for Uber or doing a bit of cash in hand car delivery work ?
And everyone knows this,which is why the benefits are actually quite low in comparison to other economies. It's like shop lifting,it happens,they would like to deter it but we all pay slightly more with each purchase which covers the retail loss.

And the example of somebody gaming the system for a couple of hundred quid is insignificant. Compare that to blokes who earn 30K for three months work,declare 5K for tax and pocket the 25K.

I'm always quite amazed how much people pay in cash for stuff...and we know why they do it.

So the average thicko pays for everything and gets fucked by the system and the people with an edukation like,skate through life enjoying all life's available benefits during their journey. That doesn't necessarily mean they have a happy existence.That comes from something else.

But you won't find the bloke who pays 5K tax and pockets 25K on a BLM march...unless he sold tickets