English Football suspended

Chat about anything football related here!
ToneLoc

Re: English Football suspended

Post by ToneLoc »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 2:09 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:16 pm
Well then my money’s on you catching it soon enough. I’m sure, as a super soldier you’ll be reporting back as to what a silly “breeze” it was?
Just stay away from others if & when you do eh?
It’s your choice to do as you please on your own health grounds but not on other peoples, whether you think it’s O.T.T or not.

If you do continue then may “elderly William” slap you on the shoulder sharpish.
You tell him Tone,appalling cavalier behavior - hosting corona parties with chums outside the french windows,smoking and laughing and imbibing on the lawn...probably singing bubbles as well - while the rest of us, make the honourable sacrifice that our much respected PM expects of us...
"Imbibing" :lol:
I remember that word from "The Real Ale Twats" in Viz !
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

andyginbrasil

Post by andyginbrasil »

ToneLoc wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 3:39 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:22 pm

Does Alcoholism make one vulnerable or high risk ?
Definitely both.
But you die happy.......if you are a happy drunk.....on the other hand if you are a miserable annoying sad cunt.. ;) ...when you are drunk....then suffer.... :lol: :lol:

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:40 am
And fuck this self isolation mullarkey, I shall concentrate on self medication. There was no shortage of Glenfiddich in Tescos last Monday.
Well then my money’s on you catching it soon enough. I’m sure, as a super soldier you’ll be reporting back as to what a silly “breeze” it was?
It’s your choice to do as you please on your own health grounds but not on other peoples, whether you think it’s O.T.T or not.

If you do continue then may “elderly William” slap you on the shoulder sharpish.
Problem is Tone you and people like you are incorrectly assuming that those of us who, as I see it, are not panic buying and locking ourselves in sealed germ proof containers, are irresponsibly running around breathing germs into the faces of all and sundry.

I certainly don't consider myself a super soldier or anything of the sort. But, as someone who because of age, is considered high risk, if my kids and grandkids want to come and visit me, or have the missus and I visit them, I will fucking well do so. Obviously no one, if and when they contract the virus, should do anything other than avoid spreading it but if I am putting myself at risk by maintaining contact with my family then it is a risk I am prepared to take. If as a consequence I catch the thing I will isolate myself to avoid spreading it.

And if I'm unlucky enough to be one of those who falls of his perch because of it I will have no one to blame but myself. We are a social species and, despite the scaremongering of the doom and gloom brigade, we will remain one.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 12:22 pm

Does Alcoholism make one vulnerable or high risk ?
I would guess it makes one very pissed. But on the plus side I'm guessing that an alcoholic would be so out of his or her head that they would have succumbed to the virus before they even knew they'd caught it. :lol:

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2020 5:13 pm

Problem is Tone you and people like you are incorrectly assuming that those of us who, as I see it, are not panic buying and locking ourselves in sealed germ proof containers, are irresponsibly running around breathing germs into the faces of all and sundry.

I certainly don't consider myself a super soldier or anything of the sort. But, as someone who because of age, is considered high risk, if my kids and grandkids want to come and visit me, or have the missus and I visit them, I will fucking well do so. Obviously no one, if and when they contract the virus, should do anything other than avoid spreading it but if I am putting myself at risk by maintaining contact with my family then it is a risk I am prepared to take. If as a consequence I catch the thing I will isolate myself to avoid spreading it.

And if I'm unlucky enough to be one of those who falls of his perch because of it I will have no one to blame but myself. We are a social species and, despite the scaremongering of the doom and gloom brigade, we will remain one.
Points taken mate.
It's your choice as long as you have the consent of those around you.
In the immortal words of Graham Taylor......"I'm in my metre" !!
Best of luck.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:42 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 9:26 pm
That’s assuming next season would kick off on time even if they were to void this one.
The more info we hear, the longer away we appear to be from any sense of normality.
What more info ? The news from China, where it all kicked off (pardon the football pun) is that there are no new cases. OK we are a bit behind China so a few more people will fall off their perches. Sad, but let's face it people die all the time, particularly the sick and the old.
No new cases my arse. I do not believe a word or figures coming out of the Country I'm afraid.
Flairon

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Flairon wrote: Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:11 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 11:42 pm

What more info ? The news from China, where it all kicked off (pardon the football pun) is that there are no new cases. OK we are a bit behind China so a few more people will fall off their perches. Sad, but let's face it people die all the time, particularly the sick and the old.
No new cases my arse. I do not believe a word or figures coming out of the Country I'm afraid.
We believed it when it all kicked off there, so why do we choose not to believe it now ? Fucked if anyone outside Wuhan knows the figures but where would be the upside of giving out deliberately false information ? At this stage people are hardly going to say "Oh well, that's all right, we can all go to China again", are they ?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Personally I’ve never trusted the bat eaters in fuck all.

Towie

Post by Towie »

I see the Belgium FA have finished the season and declared the table as it is is the final table.

Come on FA relegated the Villa. :D
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

palerider

Post by palerider »

In desperation, one PL chairman has suggested finishing the season in China :lol:

That's a great way to reward the filthy bat-eating cunts who started it all isn't it.

And no doubt the PL won't do much to discourage such a preposterous idea seeing as it will save them a king's ransom of a payment to Sky and BT.

The ONLY way is to void the season and do what the Belgians have done. Give the Dippers the title ? I don't give a fuck tbh, but no-one's catching them.

No relegations, which avoids a squeaky bum time for us, not that we deserve it given the clusterfuck of cock-ups made this season, and promote Leeds and the Baggies. Do away with the Micky Mouse cup (hopefully permanently) to get extra games played in a 22 team league then relegate 5 teams at the end of the 20/21 season.

As for teams hoping to get promoted via the play-offs ?

Tough. But desperate times call for desperate measures. To even think of starting up again when there's even the smallest threat of the virus coming out for round 2 is reprehensible and born out of immense greed at a time when thousands are struggling to even put food on the table.