It's All About The Last 6 Games

Chat about anything football related here!
jameskel

Re: It's All About The Last 6 Games

Post by jameskel »

Every one of those teams, shit or not, play with intensity

We play with our fucking selves

Marty will be looking for 6 points
Covid in the Boardroom

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

It will not help us playing the way Moyes is sending the team out to play now in the last six games , unless Moyes isn't going to change his strategy .
I haven't seen anything previous to last nights fiasco to suggest he wants to play a different way . He needs to get the likes of Soucek and Bowen playing alongside Fornals , Anderson and Haller now , because they are the players who will make the difference to whether or not we stay up .

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

downunda wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 5:23 am
Taansend wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:56 am The next 6 games are all about trying to lose by as little as possible or squeak out the odd draw. Maybe even win against Southampton.

The last 6 games.....
Newcastle a
Burnley h
Norwich a
Watford h
Man U a
Villa h

Are going to be the difference between Premier or Championship next season.

I think the club are looking for 3 or 4 wins from that lot. Sounds tough given our current form but I reckon that's what thre strategy is.

Damage control now, keep players healthy, develop a different attacking formation (in training) & finish strong.

I know, given the general pessimism on this board, that most don't see it that way but I think that's what they're aiming for.

I also think it's going to work.

But I am an annoyingly optimistic cunt :lol:
Yes agree, it looks fairly obvious to me that Moyes is in damage control, and saving players during these harder games. I still think it's on a Knife edge, and there will be no time to recover when its all needed at the end.

Our end of season is often exciting (for the wrong reason).
Saving players in these harder games ? , so what about Fredericks if that was the case shouldn't Moyes have started Zabaleta ?

Thing is these players that can win us games , the likes of Fornals ( doesn't get on the bench , Anderson , Bowen ( looked ok last night defensively :roll: ) Soucek ( who is not playing his natural game ) Haller ( hopefully could turn his season around with these attacking players assisting him ) . Antonio will be knackered .
Are not going to be able to turn it on in those last six games because they wouldn't of played together .

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Clayton wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:40 am It will not help us playing the way Moyes is sending the team out to play now in the last six games , unless Moyes isn't going to change his strategy .
I haven't seen anything previous to last nights fiasco to suggest he wants to play a different way . He needs to get the likes of Soucek and Bowen playing alongside Fornals , Anderson and Haller now , because they are the players who will make the difference to whether or not we stay up .
...and we need to be OUT of the bottom 3 by those games. As they won't be easy, due to the fact those teams will be fighting like mad to save themselves too...

Clayton

Post by Clayton »

alfie wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:31 am I will have a word with Mr Dyche and tell him to make sure the Proper Clarets take it easy. On you .. :D
Cheers Alfie , but we will not need it :roll: hopefully , as Moyes is going to come to his senses .

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:24 am 12 fucking games to get your act together you bunch of cunts.
I personally think it all comes down to Moyes from now on. He has the players (certainly on paper and grass for that matter) . Start picking the correct players and play proper fucking football. A non league team would have given Man C a better test last night, they didn't even need to get out of third gear and used it as a training session and stay injury free for the Champs league next week.

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

Mc Gynn being back for Villa will keep them up I feel.

Taansend

Post by Taansend »

You mark my words. We'll win or more of those last six

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Stable door and a runaway horse come to mind.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

normannomates

Post by normannomates »

Taansend wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:56 am The next 6 games are all about trying to lose by as little as possible or squeak out the odd draw. Maybe even win against Southampton.

The last 6 games.....
Newcastle a
Burnley h
Norwich a
Watford h
Man U a
Villa h

Are going to be the difference between Premier or Championship next season.

I think the club are looking for 3 or 4 wins from that lot. Sounds tough given our current form but I reckon that's what thre strategy is.

Damage control now, keep players healthy, develop a different attacking formation (in training) & finish strong.

I know, given the general pessimism on this board, that most don't see it that way but I think that's what they're aiming for.

I also think it's going to work.

But I am an annoyingly optimistic cunt :lol:
Mate.. I admire your optimism.. but this squad (bar 2/3) have no bollocks.. and have no interest plain for all to see.
Most gutting for me has been LANZINI.. He's been here long enough to give a shit.. Feel massively let down with him
As for likes of Wheelchair.. Hod give me strength.. Where is that cunts self respect?.
WHU supporter as a kid?.. Reckon that myth has been well and truly blown..
IF he had anything about him he'd do the right thing... Its not the 70s/80s..hes already made for life.. Its just pure greed and taking the fuckin piss