West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Chat about anything football related here!
Clayton

Re: West Ham vs Everton Official Match Thread

Post by Clayton »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:51 pm
Clayton wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:48 pm

Not sure we have any decent attacking ones left apart from Kemp and cant give Noble a rest by playing Coventry , though I hear we have a decent keeper in Anang , and a decent RB in Ngakia . Johnson and Silva are still out , so I guess more then likely we will struggle through with the 1st team and hopefully they can pull off a shock result and win it :shock: against Slav and the boys . At least we dont have the match until Saturday .
Hate to disappoint you old chap but we play Leicester on Wednesday. :lol:
Well we couldn't be more fucked then could we ?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Clayton wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:55 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:51 pm

Hate to disappoint you old chap but we play Leicester on Wednesday. :lol:
Well we couldn't be more fucked then could we ?
Leicester aren't as convincing as they were a month ago so I genuinely feel that with our new approach we'll only lose by 2.

It would have been 5 under Mr. Dead.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:54 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:52 pm

They must have been watching a different game to me then. Although our goal did come from one.
There you go then.

If it was a straight choice between him and Noble I'd go for the Jock.
So would I. If it was a straight choice in the centre of the park. But Snodgrass is put out on the wing. He has no place, isn't particularly good at beating a man and, despite his crossing supposedly being his strong point, all too often hits the first defender when crossing.

But seriously if we are having to choose between Noble & Snodgrass it does show the dearth of talent available for selection.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:00 pm
palerider wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 8:54 pm

There you go then.

If it was a straight choice between him and Noble I'd go for the Jock.
So would I. If it was a straight choice in the centre of the park. But Snodgrass is put out on the wing. He has no place, isn't particularly good at beating a man and, despite his crossing supposedly being his strong point, all too often hits the first defender when crossing.

But seriously if we are having to choose between Noble & Snodgrass it does show the dearth of talent available for selection.
Yes I do mean in the middle. Noble is stealing a living at present which isn't entirely his fault as age has caught up. Snoddy's work-rate is far superior but as you say. Why has it come to this ?

I even saw that they're considering recalling Josh Cullen. Ok in the Championship but not the answer.

Opening the fucking wallet is the answer.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:04 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:00 pm

Yes I do mean in the middle. Noble is stealing a living at present which isn't entirely his fault as age has caught up. Snoddy's work-rate is far superior but as you say. Why has it come to this ?

I even saw that they're considering recalling Josh Cullen. Ok in the Championship but not the answer.

Opening the fucking wallet is the answer.
All jokes aside, I honestly can't see them bringing anyone in. Sure, we'll be in for every player on earth, but in reality...........
These parasites have got their hand picked yes man in Moyes and he will be asked to make do with the returning Antonio and a stagnant midfield.
And when it all goes tits up, they'll throw Marty Feldman under the bus and start again, all the while biding their time and striping the club until they sell up and fuck off.
Quite frankly I'm still stunned that Ozil came back here, I couldn't no matter how much they offered me.
But some people's lifestyles need upkeeping I suppose.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

punkrockhammer

Post by punkrockhammer »

palerider wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:50 pm
eskimo joe wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:17 pm Man of the match for me was Rice 8, closely followed by Zabby.7

Lanzini was poor and too slow in his reactions,
Haller, well he isnt what i would expect a player of his price tag to be, guess we paid for his ability to win aerial battles-
Diop had a good game.
Yeti, good with his head, well if count winning a head clash as good.
Nobel, some good moves, but his lack of quick releasing when possible pissed me off.
Ogbonna, sufficient
Fornals, ok was unlucky not to score
Cresswell sufficient
Snodgrass, worked hard and i feel a bit unappreciated by some.
Randolph, didnt really have much to do, but i feel he needs time to settle in again, some of his reactions to situations were a bit slow.

I actually enjoyed the game as frustrating as it was.
John Hartson, who was doing our game on BT, was less than impressed with Haller. Reckoned for that money he should have tucked at least one away in the first half.
He’s right, he definitely should’ve tucked away the one that hit Pickfords legs

I wish we’d try and sell Lanzini to raise some dough rather than Yarmalenko

Mikeveep

Post by Mikeveep »

Even the briefest of highlights on Match of The Day showed two pinpoint quality passes to Haller from Noble .

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Mikeveep wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:39 am Even the briefest of highlights on Match of The Day showed two pinpoint quality passes to Haller from Noble .
He was OK yesterday Mike. Definitely better the Blunts.
A lot of misplaced passes though.
That said; in his defence..... I noticed a number of times he was spinning on the ball looking for a positive pass but there were just no options.
No movement.
A 5/6 scoring for me.
Not because he was bad, just that he wasn’t allowed to be good.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

It's like I'm watching a vid of the same game all the time....Start off decent,better side, creating
some nice reasonable chances...I start counting me winnings... :lol: then as game progresses
into 2nd half we tend to fall away,and are losing or clinging on...can only think that's fitness.

Thought Nobes and Declan were great first half,had control of the game pretty much,
Randolph didn't touch the ball for about half an hour.
I understand the preference of Lanza over Fornals...but it's wrong...Lanza just cannot get into
a game at the moment,playing to far forward not helping him,he aint a striker...but..
was a starter for me start of season...if everyone fit,he would struggle to make my bench at moment.
Fuckin shame...but he can't find space,and easily knocked off ball,gettin another injury,back of his
mind I think.
Oggys playing well defensively,but looking for the long ball to much when playing out,gives it away 80%
the time I reckon...hate that long ball thing from Defenders,just comes straight back at yer.
But looking like Moyes is a bit like Peller in that respect,wary of playing out,gotta mix it up..

Hallers the Elephant in the room to me when it comes to our problems,worrying me.....
How good is he....first 4/5 Games was happy...now I'm really not so sure if he's up to it,,Mickey in
there,pretty certain we'd be nicking these games.
We miss Anderson as well...
Thought he'd go with a 3,But happy the 4 worked pretty much Ok..need to be able to swap..

But 2 points dropped end of the day...was disappointed on the whole,but Injuries,,Again...
aint helping..

Haribo

Post by Haribo »

Thought we played well in the first half and we should have been 2 up, really enjoyed it except for the 5 mins after our goal.
For me Noble was man of the match at half time but second half Everton were more cautious and stopped his influence in mid field which made it appear that our standard dropped, but the second half ended up being pretty even.
I think Everton decided to play for a draw otherwise they realised they would lose.