West Ham Fans banned for selling on away tickets

Chat about anything football related here!
Whiskyman

Re: West Ham Fans banned for selling on away tickets

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:46 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:45 am

Ticket touts, and I include Stub Hub in that category, will always exist whether or not there is government legislation. In a perverse sort of way they fill a need in the market place. If an event is restricted to, say, 75,000 tickets and double that number wish to attend what right has anyone got to say you or I should not pay over the odds to acquire a ticket if it is the only way to get one ? Nobody is forcing you or I to pay an inflated price, nor is anyone forcing the vendor to sell his ticket. It is simply an example of market force economics at work.
They will but Stub Hub is a legalised ticket tout and that should stop. yes, noone forces us to buy tickets but it means real fans miss out. That is also the reason why I dont agree with ANY reselling of tickets.
Real fans may well miss out. But don't they also miss out if, simply because there aren't enough tickets to go round, so they can't get one ?

I've never used Stub Hub but they obviously fill a void in the market place because they have been in business for some time and obviously wouldn't be if people weren't prepared to use their services. Football matches are kind of unique in so far as if, say, a pop concert was sold out it is often possible to fit in extra shows. Football doesn't have that luxury so there will always be people prepared to pay over the odds to get a ticket. I don't think it would do any good whatsoever to introduce legislation to prevent them doing so.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

h69 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:39 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:24 am

Maybe. But I doubt if somebody paid face value for a ticket from another fan they would report the seller to the club. I know, also for a FACT, there are ST holders who have taken advantage of the relatively cheap ticket prices to get multiple tickets so they can cash in on the big games.

I'm sure the vast majority of our fans aren't like that but there are some scalpers in our midst, whether we like it or not. Unfortunately the decent majority often suffer because of the actions of a few wankers. A bit like England fans who travel to watch the national team.

Just the way life is I'm afraid.
That is true. As for the game moving so away season ticket holders cant attend, I have little sympathy as they know what they are signing up to with the AST.

They should ban the AST. The loyalty point system is perfectly fair as it gives priority to fans who travel. They should just weight certain games that require longer travel so you get more points than attending Watford for example.

Most tickets these days are prohibited form being sold on. It is part of the Ts and Cs. Not just football but most gigs as well. It stops touting. What the government need to do is stop companies like Stub Hub ripping people off but non transferability is normally a given with most sports or music tickets Ive seen.
But it doesn’t though, it gives the priority point to the person that’s purchased it.

The club have no system in place for the ticket holder to correct this, legally, if they can’t attend for whatever reason.

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales »

Below is the letter Emailed from Hammers United to West Ham earlier today.

Jake Heath,
Supporters Services Manager,
West Ham United,
London Stadium,
London E202ST.

October 18th 2019.

Banning of Away Ticket Holders

We write on behalf of our members to seek clarity on the recent bans administered by the club to several away season ticket holders.

The selling on of tickets has always gone on.Surely the club must realise that there are occasions when supporters go to weddings,go on holiday,suffer family bereavements.What if someone falls ill on the night before the match?-Of course on these occasions the tickets are passed on to friends or family.What would the club have these supporters do-throw the tickets away leaving an empty seat which could have been taken up by another West Ham supporter?

Without a facility in place to return tickets for resale, we would like to understand what the club suggests that those of its loyal and well-travelled away support, who may legitimately for any number of reasons find themselves unable to attend an away game do?

Given the much discussed failings of the current away ticketing system and the recent forum meeting held (which you will recall Hammers United requested be deferred to accommodate our attendance which was refused) we again request that the club meet members of our elected committee who represent the views of over five thousand West Ham supporters.

The failings of the current system are many, and yet it appears that any abuse of the system for purposes of profiteering remain unaddressed, with an abstention of any action regarding corporate and club staff tickets, with no visibility into any investigation taken by the club in that regard.

We again draw your attention to the clubs continued refusal to meet with us to discuss this and several other pressing matters that have been raised to you by Hammers United on behalf of its members (who lest we forget are also your fans) and urge you to change your position and meet with us at your earliest convenience.

Yours Sincerely.

Lee Rogers.
Joint Secretary, Hammers United.

h69

Post by h69 »

redhammer wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:03 pm
h69 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:39 am

That is true. As for the game moving so away season ticket holders cant attend, I have little sympathy as they know what they are signing up to with the AST.

They should ban the AST. The loyalty point system is perfectly fair as it gives priority to fans who travel. They should just weight certain games that require longer travel so you get more points than attending Watford for example.

Most tickets these days are prohibited form being sold on. It is part of the Ts and Cs. Not just football but most gigs as well. It stops touting. What the government need to do is stop companies like Stub Hub ripping people off but non transferability is normally a given with most sports or music tickets Ive seen.
But it doesn’t though, it gives the priority point to the person that’s purchased it.

The club have no system in place for the ticket holder to correct this, legally, if they can’t attend for whatever reason.
The person buying the ticket should be the person travelling. They are non transferable. Apart from anything else it's not fair in my opinion for someone with 30 points to buy a ticket for someone with none so a person with 20 misses out.

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:53 am
h69 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:46 am

They will but Stub Hub is a legalised ticket tout and that should stop. yes, noone forces us to buy tickets but it means real fans miss out. That is also the reason why I dont agree with ANY reselling of tickets.
Real fans may well miss out. But don't they also miss out if, simply because there aren't enough tickets to go round, so they can't get one ?

I've never used Stub Hub but they obviously fill a void in the market place because they have been in business for some time and obviously wouldn't be if people weren't prepared to use their services. Football matches are kind of unique in so far as if, say, a pop concert was sold out it is often possible to fit in extra shows. Football doesn't have that luxury so there will always be people prepared to pay over the odds to get a ticket. I don't think it would do any good whatsoever to introduce legislation to prevent them doing so.

Of course. I have no issue with stub hub etc but the ticket should stay at 30 quid with maybe a couple of quid admin. I dont think tickets should be traded at market forces pricing. We fought hard to get a cap to stop clubs doing it so we should not allow anyone else to inflate them either.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:14 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:53 am

Of course. I have no issue with stub hub etc but the ticket should stay at 30 quid with maybe a couple of quid admin. I dont think tickets should be traded at market forces pricing. We fought hard to get a cap to stop clubs doing it so we should not allow anyone else to inflate them either.
It's impossible to legislate to incorporate price capping simply because individuals who desperately want something will pay over the odds to get it. The potential buyers are the only people who can control price. If you or I don't want to pay whatever the current going rate is we don't have to. It really is that simple. And of course if enough people took the same view the going rate would magically reduce. The price of anything in relatively limited supply will always be determined by market demand.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

grandad

Post by grandad »

Maybe they would be better finding the people who got 3 4 5 6 season tickets in season 1 and sell them game to game
Once you take the devils shilling its no going back !!!!!!

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

redhammer wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:59 am I know for a FACT that one person that was banned sold his tickets for face value, the reason I know this is because I know the buyer who is now worried their tickets won’t work tomorrow at Goodison Park.

Club have fucked this right up
Maybe. But I doubt if somebody paid face value for a ticket from another fan they would report the seller to the club. I know, also for a FACT, there are ST holders who have taken advantage of the relatively cheap ticket prices to get multiple tickets so they can cash in on the big games.

I'm sure the vast majority of our fans aren't like that but there are some scalpers in our midst, whether we like it or not. Unfortunately the decent majority often suffer because of the actions of a few wankers. A bit like England fans who travel to watch the national team.

And of course the club lead by example here with Ticket Exchange don't they.
For a seat already paid for by a season ticket holder the club are sending out text messages before every home game asking me if I would like to help them sell my already paid-for seat for a second time of which i'll get a small percentage of their ill-gotten gains.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

grandad

Post by grandad »

prince of wales wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 4:14 pm Below is the letter Emailed from Hammers United to West Ham earlier today.

Jake Heath,
Supporters Services Manager,
West Ham United,
London Stadium,
London E202ST.

October 18th 2019.

Banning of Away Ticket Holders

We write on behalf of our members to seek clarity on the recent bans administered by the club to several away season ticket holders.

The selling on of tickets has always gone on.Surely the club must realise that there are occasions when supporters go to weddings,go on holiday,suffer family bereavements.What if someone falls ill on the night before the match?-Of course on these occasions the tickets are passed on to friends or family.What would the club have these supporters do-throw the tickets away leaving an empty seat which could have been taken up by another West Ham supporter?

Without a facility in place to return tickets for resale, we would like to understand what the club suggests that those of its loyal and well-travelled away support, who may legitimately for any number of reasons find themselves unable to attend an away game do?

Given the much discussed failings of the current away ticketing system and the recent forum meeting held (which you will recall Hammers United requested be deferred to accommodate our attendance which was refused) we again request that the club meet members of our elected committee who represent the views of over five thousand West Ham supporters.

The failings of the current system are many, and yet it appears that any abuse of the system for purposes of profiteering remain unaddressed, with an abstention of any action regarding corporate and club staff tickets, with no visibility into any investigation taken by the club in that regard.

We again draw your attention to the clubs continued refusal to meet with us to discuss this and several other pressing matters that have been raised to you by Hammers United on behalf of its members (who lest we forget are also your fans) and urge you to change your position and meet with us at your earliest convenience.

Yours Sincerely.

Lee Rogers.
Joint Secretary, Hammers United.

Hopefully something will come out of this POW.

Good luck to you and the guys trying to make things better for the fans.

grandad

Post by grandad »

ToneLoc wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 4:42 pm

And of course the club lead by example here with Ticket Exchange don't they.
For a seat already paid for by a season ticket holder the club are sending out text messages before every home game asking me if I would like to help them sell my already paid-for seat for a second time of which i'll get a small percentage of their ill-gotten gains.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Absolutely spot on mate

like I said in another post with the season ticket waiting list maybe do a bit of digging for the non west ham fans who got season tickets season 1 for re sale to make a few quid

At times this club I once loved and would do anything for has become a club I don't know anymore :oops: