West Ham Fans banned for selling on away tickets

Chat about anything football related here!
prince of wales

West Ham Fans banned for selling on away tickets

Post by prince of wales »

The following has just been posted on Hammers United Facebook Page.It is an article from KUMB .-Good for Hammers Chat,WesthamFanTV ,KUMB and LLTB for highlighting this.We will not try and reinvent the wheel,their comments below perfectly sum up the situation:-

A number of West Ham United away ticket holders have been banned by the club for selling on tickets to away matches to fellow supporters.

Several supporters received notice today that they were being temporarily banned from attending both home and away matches for up to six weeks, after they were accused of selling on their match day tickets.

West Ham wrote to a number of supporters less than 48 hours before United travel to Merseyside in order to face Everton.

That was almost a fortnight since the club's last Premier League fixture, at home to Crystal Palace, by which time most of those affected by the bans had already made plans and paid for travel and accommodation.

One of those supporters affected was twitter user and KUMB follower James_21995. "I've got a ban today for this," he wrote. "Work changed my shift after I bought tickets and I've been told I'm banned until the end of November.

"I'm sure the club will sell my seat to someone else and make money doing so. They haven't even given me the option to appeal."

Meanwhile another supporter to receive a ban, @chris_whu62 confirmed that he had been contacted directly by the club to be informed of his suspension: "I've just had a call from the ticket office," he added.

"Someone reported me for selling my Everton tickets and, as a result, I am banned from buying tickets for the next three games and have a stadium ban until 3 November.

"It's strange how the club do nothing about the touts we all see outside of the stadium, yet they jump on anyone genuinely trying to help out a fellow fan rather than see a ticket wasted. Bizarre behaviour, but hardly surprising."

West Ham Fan TV@westhamfantv

Let me just say this.
There are 500 people now, on an away ticket scheme, that have agreed to pay for a ticket in advance. Sheffield United has now moved to a friday night.
There is no scheme in place for them to sell these tickets on.
And you are BANNING People. @WestHam

News of the bans comes little more than a week after the club's Official Supporter Board met to discuss the club's ticketing policy following numerous complaints regarding the manner in which it has been handled.

"The OSB had a ticketing meeting a week ago and now fans are being banned," wrote Hammers Chat's Geo Mackie. "Either they discussed this issue, or the club are stitching them up."

West Ham steadfastly refuse to offer any details regarding the distribution of their away ticket allocations, for which up to ten per cent are available through a ballot.

News of the bans comes on the same day that co-owner David Gold was accused of retweeting a messagefrom a supporter asking to be put in contact with anyone who has tickets available for this weekend's trip to Everton.

KUMB

#LONGLIVETHEBOLEYN

All we would add is that everyone goes to weddings,has holidays,suffers family bereavements.There has to be a facility in place whereby tickets can be returned for resale.-and what if someone falls ill the night before a match.-it seems if they pass their ticket to a friend they will be banned! madness.-And West Ham,will club employees who pass tickets on face disciplinery action?
The OSB.were either consulted on this or bypassed.-either way they are not serving the supporters they claim to represent.Where are you David Baker?what is the OSB.'s position on this?
Hammers United will write to West Ham today on behalf of our members expressing grave concerns over the club's actions.

wwwhammersunited.com

 

Whiskyman

Re: West Ham Fans banned for selling on away tickets

Post by Whiskyman »

Valid points mate. But one immediate point comes to mind. The sellers were apparently "grassed up" by fellow fans so do you know if they were sold on at face value or at a higher price ? If the tickets were sold for any of the perfectly valid reasons you've highlighted it seems very mean spirited of anyone to stitch the sellers up to the club.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Surely even the club must have done their due diligence here ?

One fella is quoted as having sold his Everton ticketSSS....
Bring back Jonathon !

prince of wales

Post by prince of wales »

Whiskeyman.I don't know the full facts but if they are granted the right to appeal then the facts will come out.

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

I know for a FACT that one person that was banned sold his tickets for face value, the reason I know this is because I know the buyer who is now worried their tickets won’t work tomorrow at Goodison Park.

Club have fucked this right up

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Most of these tickets that are sold on...go to fellow west ham supporting mates,or mates of
mates..

If someone has an ST to Make profits on ...easily done to find that out over a Period of time,hit
them...not the guy that can't make a Game or two because the TV Companies feel they have a right to
move 7 West ham games over a 2 month period to different Times and dates..that in some
cases make it impossible for non drivers for instance to get to.

This Club never see the Big Picture and whole story in things....not just this other stuff as well.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

redhammer wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:59 am I know for a FACT that one person that was banned sold his tickets for face value, the reason I know this is because I know the buyer who is now worried their tickets won’t work tomorrow at Goodison Park.

Maybe. But I doubt if somebody paid face value for a ticket from another fan they would report the seller to the club. I know, also for a FACT, there are ST holders who have taken advantage of the relatively cheap ticket prices to get multiple tickets so they can cash in on the big games.

I'm sure the vast majority of our fans aren't like that but there are some scalpers in our midst, whether we like it or not. Unfortunately the decent majority often suffer because of the actions of a few wankers. A bit like England fans who travel to watch the national team.

Just the way life is I'm afraid.

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:24 am
redhammer wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:59 am I know for a FACT that one person that was banned sold his tickets for face value, the reason I know this is because I know the buyer who is now worried their tickets won’t work tomorrow at Goodison Park.

Maybe. But I doubt if somebody paid face value for a ticket from another fan they would report the seller to the club. I know, also for a FACT, there are ST holders who have taken advantage of the relatively cheap ticket prices to get multiple tickets so they can cash in on the big games.

I'm sure the vast majority of our fans aren't like that but there are some scalpers in our midst, whether we like it or not. Unfortunately the decent majority often suffer because of the actions of a few wankers. A bit like England fans who travel to watch the national team.

That is true. As for the game moving so away season ticket holders cant attend, I have little sympathy as they know what they are signing up to with the AST.

They should ban the AST. The loyalty point system is perfectly fair as it gives priority to fans who travel. They should just weight certain games that require longer travel so you get more points than attending Watford for example.

Most tickets these days are prohibited form being sold on. It is part of the Ts and Cs. Not just football but most gigs as well. It stops touting. What the government need to do is stop companies like Stub Hub ripping people off but non transferability is normally a given with most sports or music tickets Ive seen.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

h69 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:39 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:24 am

That is true. As for the game moving so away season ticket holders cant attend, I have little sympathy as they know what they are signing up to with the AST.

They should ban the AST. The loyalty point system is perfectly fair as it gives priority to fans who travel. They should just weight certain games that require longer travel so you get more points than attending Watford for example.

Most tickets these days are prohibited form being sold on. It is part of the Ts and Cs. Not just football but most gigs as well. It stops touting. What the government need to do is stop companies like Stub Hub ripping people off but non transferability is normally a given with most sports or music tickets Ive seen.
Ticket touts, and I include Stub Hub in that category, will always exist whether or not there is government legislation. In a perverse sort of way they fill a need in the market place. If an event is restricted to, say, 75,000 tickets and double that number wish to attend what right has anyone got to say you or I should not pay over the odds to acquire a ticket if it is the only way to get one ? Nobody is forcing you or I to pay an inflated price, nor is anyone forcing the vendor to sell his ticket. It is simply an example of market force economics at work.

h69

Post by h69 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:45 am
h69 wrote: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:39 am

Ticket touts, and I include Stub Hub in that category, will always exist whether or not there is government legislation. In a perverse sort of way they fill a need in the market place. If an event is restricted to, say, 75,000 tickets and double that number wish to attend what right has anyone got to say you or I should not pay over the odds to acquire a ticket if it is the only way to get one ? Nobody is forcing you or I to pay an inflated price, nor is anyone forcing the vendor to sell his ticket. It is simply an example of market force economics at work.
They will but Stub Hub is a legalised ticket tout and that should stop. yes, noone forces us to buy tickets but it means real fans miss out. That is also the reason why I dont agree with ANY reselling of tickets.