Are the England team spoiled ?

Chat about anything football related here!
Noni

Are the England team spoiled ?

Post by Noni »

Weird really, England have had some great qualification records, beaten most teams in the table.

When we're in the World Cup, we fail to materialize as a top nation?...

Do we get the easiest route into the World Cup?... We desperately need another title under our belt..

Whiskyman

Re: Are the England team spoiled ?

Post by Whiskyman »

Noni wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:07 am Weird really, England have had some great qualification records, beaten most teams in the table.

Do we get the easiest route into the World Cup?... We desperately need another title under our belt..
You've answered your own question mate. Generally speaking England's qualifying groups make it harder for a major country NOT to qualify than actually do it. ;)

We're not the only ones of course. Spain, for example, take on the mighty Faroe Islands tonight while Kosovo, ffs, lie in wait for England. In the last Euro qualifiers Germany had the difficult task of overcoming Gibraltar in 2 of their group matches.

A fucking joke. At least the French F A entered into the spirit of things by apparently playing the wrong national anthem for their opponents last night. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:08 am
Noni wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:07 am Weird really, England have had some great qualification records, beaten most teams in the table.

You've answered your own question mate. Generally speaking England's qualifying groups make it harder for a major country NOT to qualify than actually do it. ;)

We're not the only ones of course. Spain, for example, take on the mighty Faroe Islands tonight while Kosovo, ffs, lie in wait for England. In the last Euro qualifiers Germany had the difficult task of overcoming Gibraltar in 2 of their group matches.

A fucking joke. At least the French F A entered into the spirit of things by apparently playing the wrong national anthem for their opponents last night. :lol: :lol: :lol:
That new Euro nations thingy that we fucked up earlier this year is a far better system imo .

Groups Countries of semi-similar ability together and offers promotion and relegation between tiers.

A much better system and one that I reckon may replace the current debacle .
Bring back Jonathon !

tassiehammer

Post by tassiehammer »

Spoiled? Yep. Once they started with all the wag bullshit.
Never mind about the opposition.
Just like my dreams they fade and die.
But on the positive side..............

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:31 am

That new Euro nations thingy that we fucked up earlier this year is a far better system imo .

Groups Countries of semi-similar ability together and offers promotion and relegation between tiers.

I concur. Although imo there need to be 4 countries in each group instead of 3. That would sort out qualification over 3 batches of games instead of the present 5. 6 games instead of 10.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:51 am

I concur. Although imo there need to be 4 countries in each group instead of 3. That would sort out qualification over 3 batches of games instead of the present 5. 6 games instead of 10.
Wait till you see what they've done with the finals whisk. Talk about a right royal fuck up.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

redhammer
Site Admin

Post by redhammer »

I think that’s fine for what it is. For the Euros & World Cup though, chuck them all in a bowl and just lull them out. If you end up with a group consisting of Germany, Spain and France with one missing out on the finals then so be it.

No idea why they have rankings that determine how easy a group you get. That would be like the FA Cuo having the champions league teams only facing a league two bottom half side

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

redhammer wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:31 pm

I think that’s fine for what it is. For the Euros & World Cup though, chuck them all in a bowl and just lull them out. If you end up with a group consisting of Germany, Spain and France with one missing out on the finals then so be it.

No idea why they have rankings that determine how easy a group you get. That would be like the FA Cuo having the champions league teams only facing a league two bottom half side
...and that’s what it feels like sometimes G
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:33 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:51 am

Wait till you see what they've done with the finals whisk. Talk about a right royal fuck up.
They're playing the games all over Europe this time I believe. I suspect the final itself will be held in the magnificent surrounds of Stadion Der Sinnliche Nackte Flussnymphen in Liechtenstein or some other hotbed of the beautiful game.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:56 pm
Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:33 am

They're playing the games all over Europe this time I believe. I suspect the final itself will be held in the magnificent surrounds of Stadion Der Sinnliche Nackte Flussnymphen in Liechtenstein or some other hotbed of the beautiful game.
Yep.
You have to love the powers that be, for spreading the beautiful game.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.