Hernandez is leaving for 8 million and a free agent will be signed as a replacement

Chat about anything football related here!
mkhammer

Re: Hernandez is leaving for 8 million and a free agent will be signed as a replacement

Post by mkhammer »

Really pleased when we got him....Now really pleased he's gone...
End of the day for what ever reasons it never worked...doesn't bring enough to the modern
PL game anymore IMO..

But wish him well,he weren't happy here could tell that,best all round.

BillyDWhizz

Re: Hernandez is leaving for 8 million and a free agent will be signed as a replacement

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Gary Hooper incoming :lol: :lol:

We're really light up top now especially since Antonio is broken and the unproven Xande Silva is out until the end of October at the earliest.

The list of free agent CF's is hardly inspiring, we really should have tried for Balotelli from the get-go if we knew Hernandez was leaving. The more I look at these free agents the worse the list looks! Bony? Christ on a bike that's just an insult to the fans.
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Who brought him in ?

Bilic.

Bilic out.

boxman

Post by boxman »

ogbonna up top would suit us more ;)

Kalnor

Post by Kalnor »

Funny but I’m not unhappy with this move. He’s a great poacher but he’s past his best and his habit of picking up little niggling injuries started to shape his decline. Nice save on the wages for maybe picking up something at new year transfer.

Hammertime

Post by Hammertime »

boxman wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:00 am body language, lack of effort, his conditioning, and transfer request suggests otherwise.. maybe you miss him throwing up his hands at every hurdle we stumble over as a team.. or the continuous lack of effort he puts in despite the significant amount of minutes he was given over the past season

at any rate for me it's pretty obvious he is one of the last toxic elements in the squad.. maybe you doubt that newmarket but even if you choose to ignore the numerous warning signs already you think the equation wont change at all after we reject this move

to each their own, great move as far as im concerned

and who the fuck said anything about ITK, wtf are you on about

I think what he’s on about your HUGE leap of logic in that his on field performance is some signal of any kind of off-field toxicity. An opposite & equally likely supposition is that he’s always been a consummate pro & a good teammate, but has been adamant about wanting playing time as his career draws to an end. Added to the fact he wasn’t a Pelle signing, doesn’t fit in his system (despite his goal scoring exploits!) and isn’t suited to being a lone striker. I’m glad this worked out for both parties and hats off to any player that takes a pay-cut to get more playing time.
#fuckqatar2022

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

boxman wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:28 am
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:17 am I've not read or heard anything about him "doing an Arnie"
specifically said he wasn't as toxic as arnie, theres quite a difference between the two.. but based on the reasons i stated above it would appear to me that he is one of if not the most toxic remaining players in our squad and if we were to reject this move we can't expect that to improve

and although chicharito hadn't started every game last season he has played in almost every game he's been available for and not only has it rarely worked but for me his desire and commitment has been well below an acceptable level for a squad player let alone the highest earner

as far as this being sullivans decision there is nothing to suggest that at all, imo chicharito would be going absolutely no where if pellegrini decided to keep him in the squad, one has to assume that pellegrini is purely making this decision for the mental benefit of the squad if he has the final say which i have absolute no doubt about
I didn't suggest it was a decision taken by the dwarf. In fact I would hope that now we have a proper, experienced, DOF Sullivan is merely the bloke who sets the budgets and signs the cheques. We've seen enough of his signings over the years. Benni McCarthy was his first masterpiece, and we all saw how well that worked, and there have been many others. For me the most spectacular vanity signings were Carroll and Hart which didn't work out too well as we all know.

I'm hoping Ajeti is in the Swiss squad for the upcoming internationals as I'd like to have a look at him. But in any event I'm fairly relaxed about the striker situation, Hernandez or no Hernandez. I don't share your opinion that his commitment was lacking. He has always been a goal poacher playing off another front man and not a player who contributes massively outside the opposition's box. Whoever made the decision to sign him would, or should, have known that. We shouldn't expect players so late in their careers to change their playing style significantly.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

h69

Post by h69 »

Hammertime wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:44 pm
boxman wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:00 am body language, lack of effort, his conditioning, and transfer request suggests otherwise.. maybe you miss him throwing up his hands at every hurdle we stumble over as a team.. or the continuous lack of effort he puts in despite the significant amount of minutes he was given over the past season

at any rate for me it's pretty obvious he is one of the last toxic elements in the squad.. maybe you doubt that newmarket but even if you choose to ignore the numerous warning signs already you think the equation wont change at all after we reject this move

to each their own, great move as far as im concerned

and who the fuck said anything about ITK, wtf are you on about

I think what he’s on about your HUGE leap of logic in that his on field performance is some signal of any kind of off-field toxicity. An opposite & equally likely supposition is that he’s always been a consummate pro & a good teammate, but has been adamant about wanting playing time as his career draws to an end. Added to the fact he wasn’t a Pelle signing, doesn’t fit in his system (despite his goal scoring exploits!) and isn’t suited to being a lone striker. I’m glad this worked out for both parties and hats off to any player that takes a pay-cut to get more playing time.
He did sulk for a bit a couple of seasons ago but then got injured.

Seems a decent guy though but his type of striker is really only useful in a 2 up front scenario and few teams play that at the elite level of the modern game now plus he is not as quick as he was and gets injured a lot. I think he spends too much on his arse as well and isn't strong enough for the PL but wish him well.

Good deal for all.

boxman

Post by boxman »

Hammertime wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:44 pm I think what he’s on about your HUGE leap of logic in that his on field performance is some signal of any kind of off-field toxicity. An opposite & equally likely supposition is that he’s always been a consummate pro & a good teammate
ignoring the contempt he shows when play breaks down, his excessive pointing in place of his general lack of pressing, poor conditioning, public statements on social media about wanting to move and handing in a transfer request... ignoring all that

if keeping him wasn't going to negatively effect the squad and only maintain/improve it then why would pellegrini sanction the exit?

if you believe pellegrini has the final say then is it really a "HUGE leap of logic" to say that the reason hernandez left is because keeping him would be a net negative?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Lets be honest here,he had never did it when he was up top on his own.Some of our poorest performances have come when his been playing up top on his own.He is just a goal poacher,who dosen't know how to hold the ball up to bring others into play.At least Carroll could do that and defend.
Then you got Haller,who is like a Carroll,Antonio and Hernandez rolled into one.His got everything.Even other fans are saying to me,that Haller is some player.