Training Ground Bust Up

Chat about anything football related here!
eskimo joe

Re: Training Ground Bust Up

Post by eskimo joe »

whu wrote:we are still just one game in after a terrific season

do people seriously think our manager has not had bigger issues than this in his days as international and club manager?

the lack of respect and assumption is staggering to be honest

clearly there's something going on but I do fear social media is making a standard problem, volcanic at times

Slav walk before Antonio? Really? Championship side player not long ago.
Slav had the confidence to make young Antonio one of our best and most adaptable players last season.

Some saying Allardyce would have been roasted after one game? I can tell you all now MOST of you guys wanted Allardyce to get a new contract season 3 and 4 - fact.
Me neither. My only issue has been Antonio and RB and that's been my issue for longer than one game.

Wanted Lard arse out after his second season definitely after his 3rd.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

whu1980

Post by whu1980 »

What is worrying is that Julian Dicks is on Bilic team surely he is telling him he can't play there.Or he is telling Bilic and he is not listening.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Bilic is stuck between a rock and a hard place.

He continues to play Antonio at right-back and most of the time it won't work. He'll get so much stick it will be embarrassing.

G&S will always back the manager. And so they should, even if they think the manager's wrong. Ultimately it would probably lead to Antonio leaving and I've no doubt starring for whoever in his proper position. Bilic would get so much stick it will be embarrassing.

Post by 1234 »

whu wrote:we are still just one game in after a terrific season

do people seriously think our manager has not had bigger issues than this in his days as international and club manager?

the lack of respect and assumption is staggering to be honest

clearly there's something going on but I do fear social media is making a standard problem, volcanic at times

Slav walk before Antonio? Really? Championship side player not long ago.
Slav had the confidence to make young Antonio one of our best and most adaptable players last season.

Some saying Allardyce would have been roasted after one game? I can tell you all now MOST of you guys wanted Allardyce to get a new contract season 3 and 4 - fact.
You my friend are so f*cking two faced it is beyond funny.

When are you going to let go of the fact some people liked Allardyce. Holding onto it is ruining you. The boorish, discourteous way you shoot people opinions down by saying posters liked Allardyce is embarrassing.
Lack of respect??? That's rich coming from you and the way you slaughtered Allardyce WHATEVER the performance.

Are you saying that because some people liked Alalrdyce they cannot criticise Bilic? It sure sounds that way.

Bilic made a lot of wring decisions the last part of last season and started this season going to a poor Chelsea and playing PREHISTORIC football.

Bigger issues in his previous clubs?. Remind me how many trophies he won in his previous clubs.

There are a lot of questions about Bilic now, like:
Is he weak and letting Sullivan run the team?
Is he tactically good enough?
Is he resorting to big man up top, on his own, and route one football?
Can he spot a good player?
Did we catch teams out last season and get results despite Bilic?

BTW, I wanted Allardyce out from day one so am I allowed an opinion.

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

The tragedy here is that it's all so bloody unnecessary.
Essentially this is Slav's first and only blunder of any real note since coming.
He's been immense, extremely likeable, honest and human since day 1. All of the ingredients that the slug never demonstrated.
I'm as angry as fuck with the silliness of the situation with Antonio.

BUT....... things have come to the boil now and this is probably a good thing because it HAS been coming. There's been plenty of passionate opinion over the last few days. "Rumours a plenty" are spreading like wildfire and this is not helping.

For me now I'm just hoping that things are sorted out.
Do I think Slav has dropped a large bollock on Antonio? Yes
Do I still think Slav is a top manager and a top bloke? Yes

For me now is the time to stay positive and see how things play. SB and MA are both grown men and I see no reason the issue cannot be sorted out for the benefit of the club.

Just hoping that a silly situation doesn't turn sillier.
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

belfasthammer

Post by belfasthammer »

ToneLoc wrote:The tragedy here is that it's all so bloody unnecessary.
Essentially this is Slav's first and only blunder of any real note since coming.
He's been immense, extremely likeable, honest and human since day 1. All of the ingredients that the slug never demonstrated.
I'm as angry as fuck with the silliness of the situation with Antonio.

BUT....... things have come to the boil now and this is probably a good thing because it HAS been coming. There's been plenty of passionate opinion over the last few days. "Rumours a plenty" are spreading like wildfire and this is not helping.

For me now I'm just hoping that things are sorted out.
Do I think Slav has dropped a large bollock on Antonio? Yes
Do I still think Slav is a top manager and a top bloke? Yes

For me now is the time to stay positive and see how things play. SB and MA are both grown men and I see no reason the issue cannot be sorted out for the benefit of the club.

Just hoping that a silly situation doesn't turn sillier.
Spot on mate

Towie

Post by Towie »

Castiron wrote:
Towie wrote:
I don't often agree with the Spuds Numbnuts, but on this occasion I do.

Bilic has made a decision re Antonio, clearly 99% of Hammers fans think the wrong one including me, but I won't write him off just because of this.
Never said anything about writing him off, but if I had to choose I would choose Antonio. Couldn't give a monkies what the troll has got to say.
That is what I don't get, choosing Antonio over Bilic?
Antonio's mistake against Cheats was his fault not Bilics, he had a chance to clear the ball he didn't and tried to dribble out of our area and ends up giving away a penalty.
That mistake had nothing to do with been played at Rb, that is why Bilic blanked him coming off as he made a school boy error!
Now Bilic was forced to play Antonio at Rb due to injuries in a few games last season and obviously Bilic saw something there that we didn't and continued playing him there despite Tomkins & Byram availability.
Now Antonio is a good player going forward, though does have a tendency to give the ball away and make silly mistakes. Did he though make us the team we were last season? No Bilic did. Antonio was just one part of a team that Bilic puts together.
It’s not what you do it is the way that you do it.

eskimo joe

Post by eskimo joe »

Towie wrote:
Castiron wrote: Never said anything about writing him off, but if I had to choose I would choose Antonio. Couldn't give a monkies what the troll has got to say.
Antonio's mistake against Cheats was his fault not Bilics, he had a chance to clear the ball he didn't and tried to dribble out of our area and ends up giving away a penalty.
That mistake had nothing to do with been played at Rb, that is why Bilic blanked him coming off as he made a school boy error!
Now Bilic was forced to play Antonio at Rb due to injuries in a few games last season and obviously Bilic saw something there that we didn't and continued playing him there despite Tomkins & Byram availability.
Now Antonio is a good player going forward, though does have a tendency to give the ball away and make silly mistakes. Did he though make us the team we were last season? No Bilic did. Antonio was just one part of a team that Bilic puts together.
We can disect it and look at things in any numerous ways. Did Antonio make us the team we were last season. In part yes that's what a team is. Did Bilic ? Yes. That's looking on the positive side of the season.

Now did Antonio cost us stupid goals last season? Yes. Did Bilivc Yes. They go hand in hand.

All the excuses though, all the insight wwont alter the fact that RB is nit and never will be Antonios position.

We can be generous and say due to injuries Biliv was forced to play him there. But there came a point when that was not the case.

Compound his insistence, or maybe his lack of sight in that area, with the fact he chooses, given the opportunity , not to get a secondary RB as cover for Byram i feel there is really only one cause for the problem.

I don't want Antonio to go anymore than most, at the same time i don't.want this one stupid mistake to see Bilic walk. I have not suggested such either.
whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

eskimo joe wrote:
Towie wrote:
We can disect it and look at things in any numerous ways. Did Antonio make us the team we were last season. In part yes that's what a team is. Did Bilic ? Yes. That's looking on the positive side of the season.

Now did Antonio cost us stupid goals last season? Yes. Did Bilivc Yes. They go hand in hand.

All the excuses though, all the insight wwont alter the fact that RB is nit and never will be Antonios position.

We can be generous and say due to injuries Biliv was forced to play him there. But there came a point when that was not the case.

Compound his insistence, or maybe his lack of sight in that area, with the fact he chooses, given the opportunity , not to get a secondary RB as cover for Byram i feel there is really only one cause for the problem.

I don't want Antonio to go anymore than most, at the same time i don't.want this one stupid mistake to see Bilic walk. I have not suggested such either.
Agreed. I don't want either of them to go. Perhaps Antonio is a little slow on the uptake, he may have got away with that in the championship, so it is a learning curve maybe, but the fact is you can't expect a attack minded player to think like a defender. As I said, would Nobes be happy playing as a striker week in week out, missing sitters and getting hauled off because he can't hit the target?

ticker

Post by ticker »

Didn't Andy Carroll make a bad mistake at Watford trying to do a step over and didn't he also give away a penalty in another game he got slated because they cost us but it was all over and done with because he scored for us and he seems to have learnt by his mistakes,whereas with Antonio he proved he was a forward once given his chance but when asked to fill in at RB he performed adequately against lesser opposition and has been punished by the better sides but with bilics' stubbornness and Antonio disillusionment at being kept in a position he hates the situation has been allowed to fester and should have been sorted in Austria and I feel that Slav could lose the dressing room but is anyone player bigger than the club so to that end Antonio could be gone but in my heart of hearts I hope the situation gets resolved starting tonight.
Randolph
Byram,Oxford,Reid,ogbonna
Antonio,obiang,noble,Samuelson
Calleri,Fletcher