Euston Closed

Boats, hotel deal & any other bits of information relating to your West Ham Utd match day!!
mkhammer

Euston Closed

Post by mkhammer »

Euston Station Closed ......18/19 Aug....(Bournemouth Game).....25/27 Aug...(Arse away)
1/2 Sept.....(Wolves home)

No Virgin southbound after Milton Keynes.....https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/spanner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At Moment can get....Southern rail from MK to....Shepherds Bush walk to Central line..

Or......get to Watford on local line..another local to Harrow Weald and
pick up the Bakerloo....

BM Jon

Re: Euston Closed

Post by BM Jon »

mkhammer wrote:Euston Station Closed ......18/19 Aug....(Bournemouth Game).....25/27 Aug...(Arse away)

No Virgin southbound after Milton Keynes.....https://www.virgintrains.co.uk/spanner" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

At Moment can get....Southern rail from MK to....Shepherds Bush walk to Central line..

pick up the Bakerloo....
Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of changing at MK to Southern Rail>>>Shepherds Bush and Central Line. The problem for us further north is that there are fewer trains in the evening heading north west so its an 1821 from Watford to catch the 1929 out of MK to our northern outposts.

I asked Virgin what service they were offering during the works. They said there would be some kind at 4 hours plus with a few changes, and no APEX ticket option so nearly 3 times my usual cost :roll:

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

BM Jon wrote:
mkhammer wrote:Euston Station Closed ......18/19 Aug....(Bournemouth Game).....25/27 Aug...(Arse away)

pick up the Bakerloo....
Thanks for the advice. I was thinking of changing at MK to Southern Rail>>>Shepherds Bush and Central Line. The problem for us further north is that there are fewer trains in the evening heading north west so its an 1821 from Watford to catch the 1929 out of MK to our northern outposts.

I asked Virgin what service they were offering during the works. They said there would be some kind at 4 hours plus with a few changes, and no APEX ticket option so nearly 3 times my usual cost :roll:
Train from Mk to Sheps bush is a bit of a chugger mate bout hour and 10 I reckon
bush to Strat best part of 45min,so give yourself plenty of time John...

Tons of respect by the way mate coming all that way.....Cheshire is it.....
I start Whinging if the Train Back from Euston to MK takes more than an hour........ :lol:

BM Jon

Post by BM Jon »

MK, I'm only 75 minutes further up the line from you.

Thanks for the advice: I can get down early enough but likely to have to leave before the end to catch the Inter City from MK Central at 7pm. Connecting train leaves Watford Junction at 1821hrs. How much time do you think I should allow? Leave HW about 4.30pm? Routeplanner says 74 minutes, is this accurate?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

BM Jon wrote:MK, I'm only 75 minutes further up the line from you.

Thanks for the advice: I can get down early enough but likely to have to leave before the end to catch the Inter City from MK Central at 7pm. Connecting train leaves Watford Junction at 1821hrs. How much time do you think I should allow? Leave HW about 4.30pm? Routeplanner says 74 minutes, is this accurate?
Yeah seems to give you plenty of time mate....1hr 50mins......No 7.29 from MK for you then..

If their saying 74mins... I would stick with that,usually spot on with their timings..
seems pretty good..
Is that coming back sameway...

I'm just a member now,sometimes get tickets with or near mates...but a bit low down
(East side) so sometimes get one upstairs.
But Night Games or if I want a quick getaway get something in the West....and use Hackney Wick
....Highbury...Euston...25/30 mins or so..But that line runs on to Willesden Junc...bout 50mins
15/ or so to Harrow,same to Watford......works out about the same I spose.

Spoilt for choice with all our super transport links....... :lol:

Might not be coming down for first couple....usually up in Scotland end of Aug,start of Sept
Weather dependant tho..

BM Jon

Post by BM Jon »

mkhammer wrote:
BM Jon wrote:MK, I'm only 75 minutes further up the line from you.

Yeah seems to give you plenty of time mate....1hr 50mins......No 7.29 from MK for you then..

If their saying 74mins... I would stick with that,usually spot on with their timings..
seems pretty good..
Is that coming back sameway...

I'm just a member now,sometimes get tickets with or near mates...but a bit low down
(East side) so sometimes get one upstairs.
But Night Games or if I want a quick getaway get something in the West....and use Hackney Wick
....Highbury...Euston...25/30 mins or so..But that line runs on to Willesden Junc...bout 50mins
15/ or so to Harrow,same to Watford......works out about the same I spose.

Spoilt for choice with all our super transport links....... :lol:

Might not be coming down for first couple....usually up in Scotland end of Aug,start of Sept
Weather dependant tho..
Appreciate the advice, many thanks ;)