Watford 10th Sept

Boats, hotel deal & any other bits of information relating to your West Ham Utd match day!!
JayK

Re: Watford boat announcement

Post by JayK »

Gonzo wrote:Folks, sorry for the late notice but the catering company have let us down for tomorrow. There will be bar snacks available but it's probably best to eat lunch before coming down to the boats.

Going forward we might try pies because in all honesty the hog roast made a loss.

We are open to suggestions going forward and there is a bit of prime space with a license at the bottom of the stairs at the boat/pontoon entrance.

Apologies for the late notice but we've literally just found out.
Yet another meaning for pulled pork
COYI!!!

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

We are going to look into a few things chaps but the real issue is that 150 people aren't eating, it's more like 30-40 and whilst last games BBQ made a profit it was probably not enough to justify dragging the grill, grub and gazebo up to Stratford for.

We are genuinely open to suggestions because it is a completely separate entity to the company which runs the boats.

On a separate note I'd really appreciate it if anyone who has introduced themselves to me by using their forum names please do so again. I have met a ton of people since we started this boat malarkey and I don't mind admitting that I'm struggling to put names to faces and remember who's who. . . . . . it has fried my pea sized brain to be honest.

We're desperate for the boats to be a success but it's a slow process particularly considering the LLDC have to give permission for everything and started out very nervous. Personally I love it (probably more than the football so far if I'm honest) and I'm really looking forward to having a few beers afterwards too although the weather is a bit shitty tomorrow apparently.

Gonzo

Re: Watford 10th Sept

Post by Gonzo »

bigfacemike wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
To be honest it's a struggle Mike, even today I've had 4 separate messages asking the same thing.
No worries mate, just thought I would ask on the off chance. They should have got their backsides in gear earlier!
See you there,
Mike

Will do mate

whu

Post by whu »

mate, whatever you do or don't do, is good for us - do not apologise

the boat is a tremendous plus on the day

for what it's worth, if you had someone doing several bits and pieces, pies, sausage rolls and filled rolls, i think you'd have more takers and after the match is when many more would have the munchies

see you tomorrow
Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.

belfasthammer

Post by belfasthammer »

looking forward to boat 5am start here in Belfast tomorrow and will have a big fry before arriving at the boat so will be fine. 11 Belfast Hammers on boat. Regarding the food it is difficult to please everyone and no one should be losing on that transaction. See you all tomorrow. Look for flag and say hello
Peterand Tommy.jpg
Peterand Tommy.jpg (202.8 KiB) Viewed 4712 times

Wellinghammer

Post by Wellinghammer »

Sent you a pm Gonzo
You can use our pre boat tickets if you got anyone wants them not bothered about the money as we can't make pre game but will be on boat after

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

bigfacemike wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
To be honest it's a struggle Mike, even today I've had 4 separate messages asking the same thing.
No worries mate, just thought I would ask on the off chance. They should have got their backsides in gear earlier!
See you there,
Mike

There you go Mike, Wellinghammer has kindly messaged me so if your two extras want to pop along then let me know.

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

belfasthammer wrote:looking forward to boat 5am start here in Belfast tomorrow and will have a big fry before arriving at the boat so will be fine. 11 Belfast Hammers on boat. Regarding the food it is difficult to please everyone and no one should be losing on that transaction. See you all tomorrow. Look for flag and say helloPeterand Tommy.jpg

You and your mates resemblance to Moore, Peters & Hurst is uncanny

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

whu wrote:mate, whatever you do or don't do, is good for us - do not apologise

the boat is a tremendous plus on the day

for what it's worth, if you had someone doing several bits and pieces, pies, sausage rolls and filled rolls, i think you'd have more takers and after the match is when many more would have the munchies

see you tomorrow

It's a shame they've pulled out actually mate because once we got the post match license too it was always going to do more grub.

belfasthammer

Post by belfasthammer »

I have ordered stuff from subway for functions It was very reasonable and with a small mark up may help forum funds or at least it would be hard to lose on. all the relishes mayo etc come in pots The deliver usually. May not be to everyone;s taste but a thought.