Netflix , Tv , Movies , Box sets , whatever...

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: Netflix

Post by mkhammer »

JayK wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 11:34 am
Newmarket wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:48 am

Tell me about Afterlife 1 ?
Basic story is Ricky Gervais wife died of cancer and he’s just trying to get through day by day with no interest in life and he’s an arsehole to everyone, or he tries to be. It’s hilarious from the start. You should check it out.
Spoiler Alert............................don't read if aint watched yet......MR N..... :lol:

Watched it, not my sorta thing ,but pulled me in....Didn't get it tho when he gave the bloke the
money to kill himself with an OD...
He didn't seem that bothered ..almost like he'd done the right thing...couldn't get me head around
that...
Also thought second series fizzled out a bit still got 4/5 to watch..

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 8:47 pm

Basic story is Ricky Gervais wife died of cancer and he’s just trying to get through day by day with no interest in life and he’s an arsehole to everyone, or he tries to be. It’s hilarious from the start. You should check it out.
Spoiler Alert............................don't read if aint watched yet......MR N..... :lol:

Watched it, not my sorta thing ,but pulled me in....Didn't get it tho when he gave the bloke the
money to kill himself with an OD...
He didn't seem that bothered ..almost like he'd done the right thing...couldn't get me head around
that...
Also thought second series fizzled out a bit still got 4/5 to watch..
The Scene with the kid in the playground start of episode 1 had me in stitches :lol:
COYI!!!

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 12:25 pm

I may well do one day mate. I don’t do many comedies these days .

My old woman has no sense of humour.
Personally thought it hit quite a few different emotions. Hilarious Ricky Gervais stuff in places
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

The problem with Boxsets

Post by BlackDiamond »

Let's take as an example Mayans M.C, which is a two series 20 episodes drama. It's quite good,watchable,entertaining without being 5 star brilliant or urgently new,dynamic or innovating.

The problem I'm having - and this is only after episode 1 - is deciphering,what's what,who's what and what does it all mean.This is relevant, because I'm spending all the time,trying to interpret meaning from the characters expressions when delivering their dialogue.

And that analysis,is forcing me to mishear actors lines and therefore confuse,what is said and what is meant.

Therefore after the program is completed,I have to read a review - Den of Geek - to understand what I have just watched for the last 60 mins.

Obviously,I'm not that dim not to know who was shot,had their arm forcibly hacked off above the elbow,lost an eye,had their knee cap shattered with a hammer and how much a heroin transaction had benefited someone in US dollars.

Or what a custom spiffed up Harley D sounds or looks like.

Maybe the problem (mine) is simpler and the actors are not sending out signals with their facial expressions but are just talking and that's all it is.

And if that's the case,then the whole thing would be greatly improved if the cast had normal looking faces...

Neville Bartos

Re: The problem with Boxsets

Post by Neville Bartos »

Isn't that show a Sons of Anarchy spinoff?
Never been keen on spinoffs myself. I can't watch Better Call Saul, and Fear The walking Dead bored me to tears after 3 episodes.
Boredom is my main issue. I even get bored with stuff I like. Animal Kingdom, Patriot, Startup. I liked all of those, but haven't watched the second season of any of them.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

I must say I have noticed in the American drawl they to tend to mumble a tad.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Neville Bartos wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:35 am Isn't that show a Sons of Anarchy spinoff?
Never been keen on spinoffs myself. I can't watch Better Call Saul, and Fear The walking Dead bored me to tears after 3 episodes.
Boredom is my main issue. I even get bored with stuff I like. Animal Kingdom, Patriot, Startup. I liked all of those, but haven't watched the second season of any of them.
Not seen the first one so I'm not impeded by comparisons. And as it's on the BBC no ads,so that's in it's favour.

The writer - who was fired during the second series - seems to have a fascination with decapitations and there is even a necrophiliac discussion about the pros and cons. Enough about cocks in dead peoples mouths,already. You can take somethings too far.

Given the show is peppered with prolonged violence,plenty of swearing and charming references of women as holes,whores,gash,tight little clams...there is no nudity (not even a bit of topless) and no nasty dialogue with the use of motherfuckers,cunts or bastards.

Even though most of the characters are all three...

The vulnerable members of society, self shielding at home watching this,must be wondering what they're missing elsewhere...

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Seems like everything has one maybe two seasons in them and then runs out of steam even stuff like
Breaking bad and Peaky Blinders seemed to lose way a bit...
At the moment Killing Eve...which Jodie Comer has been Brilliant in...is drying up..run out of ideas.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

you lot obviously have too much time on your hands :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:50 am you lot obviously have too much time on your hands :lol:
I'll have you know good sir,that I have been furloughed on 80% of wages and therefore the other 20% of my time,I can spend watching,moaning,sneering and criticising box sets with a guilt free conscious...