Rio Olympics

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Noni

Re: Rio Olympics

Post by Noni »

Hats off to Bradley Wiggins and Mo Farah!.... We did alright in these games!... Tom Daley, who's disappointing form in the Semi's, needs a big stick up his ass!... Maybe he was off form because he was having a period!!! :D

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

WOW,finished in front of china,amazing........
Gonna have to get back in real world now,instead of watching the TV for god knows how many
hours a day.
Finished on a really sour note for me,with boxer Joe Joyce,the guy quite simply won the fight.
Twice as many punches,the more aggressive,the french guy,Yoka,had a sprained ankle and
done a great job in defending,but news to me ,that you can win an amateur boxing match by defending,
but now it's professional ,who knows........
The last round was a giveaway,there's no way in this world he had the fight wrapped up,yet he starts
doing the "Ali Shuffle" and dropping his guard,the guy knew he was gonna be given the fight.
Even his cornermen hardly celebrated .

Still it makes a lovely little story for the media,Him and his fiance of to get married on Copacabana beach,
after both winning Olympic Gold medals.......Thats the important thing ..........

After the 400m disqualification to get the Brazilian team into final event,and the booing of any opposition,
not overly impressed with them.

garnett

Post by garnett »

Just watched the local news, Team GB arriving back at Heathrow, well not really, it's was medal winners GB, makes a mockery of the term Team GB if they are not all included.

Noni

Post by Noni »

garnett wrote:Just watched the local news, Team GB arriving back at Heathrow, well not really, it's was medal winners GB, makes a mockery of the term Team GB if they are not all included.
I'm assuming the others without medals came home early. There were quite a few medal winners also left Rio early and did not attend the closing ceremony...

CambridgeIron71

Post by CambridgeIron71 »

Yup Murray was playing in the pre US Open a day or two after he won gold. Fancy him to win the Open as well.

Great games with some amazing performances. Agree with the post about Joyce. The French lad offered nothing.

By coincidence we had 2 weeks off work. A stay at home to redecorate, do the garden kind of holiday. I found the bed twice and my back now represents the outline of the sofa. Still, I did manage to find my love of fishing again and bought myself some new gear and had 2 nights on the bank.

Which went down well.
Pretty bubbles in the air.