Glastonbury

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: Glastonbury

Post by mkhammer »

WOW,that's the way to do it,what a band,just brilliant...

frogiron

Post by frogiron »

I'd like to add another footnote to the Foo Fighters set at Glastonbury.

Before Everlong - the final song - Dave Grohl dedicated the song to Laura who "could not be here tonight". He said we should "all dance to this one for her".

The reason Laura could not be there is that she lost her seven year battle with cancer last month - a battle during which she raised tens of thousands of pounds for charities fighting that disease. Everlong was her and her husband Jon's song, and Jon started a campaign to get Dave to dedicate the song to her at Glastonbury.

He asked all his friends to use social media to ask Dave to do this.

And last night, he did.

What a fucking prince that man is. Thank you Dave Grohl - that meant a huge amount to quite a few people.
GTFOOOCYTPPOC

palerider

Post by palerider »

frogiron wrote:I'd like to add another footnote to the Foo Fighters set at Glastonbury.

Before Everlong - the final song - Dave Grohl dedicated the song to Laura who "could not be here tonight". He said we should "all dance to this one for her".

The reason Laura could not be there is that she lost her seven year battle with cancer last month - a battle during which she raised tens of thousands of pounds for charities fighting that disease. Everlong was her and her husband Jon's song, and Jon started a campaign to get Dave to dedicate the song to her at Glastonbury.

And last night, he did.

What a fucking prince that man is. Thank you Dave Grohl - that meant a huge amount to quite a few people.
You're right. Dave Grohl is a very good egg.

My earlier post wasn't directed at the bands, just some of the people who go. I'm sure Corbyn had a bottle of vodka under his anorak when he left Aldi.

Castiron

Post by Castiron »

Radiohead were top drawer, although some were actually saying they were shit! You either get them or you don't I guess. The foo fighters were even better, not really my first choice, but as live performances go, that was quite incredible.

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

frogiron wrote:I'd like to add another footnote to the Foo Fighters set at Glastonbury.

And last night, he did.

Might have " clashed" on certain West Ham related things fella but thanks for enlighting me on what the reference was about last night.

Don't know the band hugely ( apart from the big hits) but that performance last night was the biz.

Cheers for the knowledge.

deanox

Post by deanox »

Castiron wrote:Radiohead were top drawer, although some were actually saying they were shit! You either get them or you don't I guess. The foo fighters were even better, not really my first choice, but as live performances go, that was quite incredible.
I saw Radiohead live last year and posted they were shit and I stand by it. I have been a big fan of theirs for years. They have always been slightly self indulgent but the last album was utter bollocks IMO.
I was so disappointed when I saw them that they only played a couple of their early songs. They don't like playing Creep (which they did at Glastonbury) which is one of their best if not their best..again IMO.
They don't play to the crowd they play for themselves. The Foo's on the other hand always play to the crowd and try to involve them Dave Grohl has more charisma in his little finger than the whole Radiohead band...once again IMO.

In saying all that if Radiohead played a small venue and only played music from Pablo honey, the bends and OK computer I could change my mind ;)
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

deanox wrote:
Castiron wrote:Radiohead were top drawer, although some were actually saying they were shit! You either get them or you don't I guess. The foo fighters were even better, not really my first choice, but as live performances go, that was quite incredible.
I saw Radiohead live last year and posted they were shit and I stand by it. I have been a big fan of theirs for years. They have always been slightly self indulgent but the last album was utter bollocks IMO.
I was so disappointed when I saw them that they only played a couple of their early songs. They don't like playing Creep (which they did at Glastonbury) which is one of their best if not their best..again IMO.
They don't play to the crowd they play for themselves. The Foo's on the other hand always play to the crowd and try to involve them Dave Grohl has more charisma in his little finger than the whole Radiohead band...once again IMO.

In saying all that if Radiohead played a small venue and only played music from Pablo honey, the bends and OK computer I could change my mind ;)
Self indulgent is spot on mate.
They've turned out some of the best music I've ever heard,but along with it has been some
IMO, absolute tripe.
I let them off on that because they're so experimental,and always looking for something new,
which they do better than any band I know.
But even some of the Beatles experimental stuff was a hard listen.

The albums you mention are just genius..
Friday night was one of the best Gigs I've ever seen,perfect mix but as far as I know and like you
said they rarely play their "hits"
Not seen them live for years.
(Remember a Shepherds bush gig in mid 90s brilliant,then a Hammersmith one lot later
not so good)
Which is shit cos people go to a Gig for a good time a sing along.
Whereas the Foos can do no wrong,Fuckin love em.......................

Won't be buying anymore of their stuff,free downloads from now on....
Teach them for digging poor Theresa out.... :lol:

whu

Post by whu »

And last night, he did.

recorded it and saw that, thanks frog

love the foos, seen them a few times, best was at reading quite some time back

funny old set for me, this weekend. started well. some newer and very old ones mid-set with DG talking a bit too much for me. monkey wrench and obviously everlong you just can' t fucking beat that stuff.

for those not knowing much about the foos, clock their videos on youtube. DG is a seriously talented guy and some are funny as fuck. try 'learn to fly' as a starting point ... DG in many roles

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

everlong, one of my favourite tracks ever, by anyone

this weekend

Fuck Off Sully, Brady, Moyes. Killing this club by death from a thousand cunts.