Glastonbury

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Kelrg

Glastonbury

Post by Kelrg »

Haven't been in about 15 years but watching Radiohead playing now and wish I was there.....

Noni

Re: Glastonbury

Post by Noni »

First ever band to open at Glastonbury were a band called Stackridge. Prog/Folk band and highly recommended.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stackridge" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have all their album!! :D

doughboy

Post by doughboy »

Never been, the lure of Stonehenge free festival was always too strong to resist. :D
God save the Queen...
Coz tourists are MONEY...!!!

deanox

Post by deanox »

Kelrg wrote:Haven't been in about 15 years but watching Radiohead playing now and wish I was there.....
Just watched their show on the BBC and it looked pretty good and they sung Creep :D .
But I have to say I saw them last year at Austin City limits festival, the sound was piss poor and they played far too much of the new album.
I think they played more old hits last night because it was twenty years since they played the Pyramid stage, which I wish they had done at ACL.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

palerider

Post by palerider »

I live a few miles away. I can hear it from my bedroom window if the wind's in the right direction.

The petty thieving from local stores, the drug dealing. Not being able to drive a mile in less than six hours on the days it starts and finishes.

I love it.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Kelrg wrote:Haven't been in about 15 years but watching Radiohead playing now and wish I was there.....

Agree mate Radiohead were absolutely brilliant,is there a better live band anywhere...

But the one band that can give them a run for their money is on tonight...The Mighty Foos..
Great line up this year.

But have to say the political shit is pissing me off,spoiled it a bit for me last night...

deanox

Post by deanox »

mkhammer wrote:
Agree mate Radiohead were absolutely brilliant,is there a better live band anywhere...

But the one band that can give them a run for their money is on tonight...The Mighty Foos..
Great line up this year.

But have to say the political shit is pissing me off,spoiled it a bit for me last night...
Love the Foo fighters and will be checking them out tonight. I've seen them quite a few times but one of the best was at the Stratford Rex in 2000 with Queens of the stone age supporting :D

btw I have to agree hate the political bollocks.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Kelrg

Post by Kelrg »

I'm watching the Foo Fighters now, brilliant. And no political bollocks

Gonzo

Post by Gonzo »

Kelrg wrote:I'm watching the Foo Fighters now, brilliant. And no political bollocks
Shame I missed the set mate, quality band.

I don't think these singers know quite how boring they are when they jump on the stage and start talking politics

Porterman

Post by Porterman »

Watching the Foo Fighters and what they put into it.......then you get useless prima donna football cunts who think ITS THE FANS that's supposed to generate the atmosphere!!