British & Irish Lions

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
palerider

Re: British & Irish Lions

Post by palerider »

For all the talk about momentum during the last week, the All Backs have proved that they're much better than us.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Gave it a good go,a lot closer than i thought it was gonna be at the start of the tour,
Important getting that last try...

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

That's what you get when you pick favourites. Well done Gatland, wanker.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

Brookbonds73 wrote:That's what you get when you pick favourites. Well done Gatland, wanker.
To be honest he picked less favourites than I expected. North was not even in the squad; Warburton, Webb and Owens were on the bench. The one I had a big problem with, was Jones at Lock ahead of Itoje, Lawes or even Henderson (based on last peformence). He doesn't get round the field, can't pass and things more or less come to a halt every time he is involved.

We needed luck and three times came within a yard or two of scoring. If we had scored in the first two minutes it might have been a different game. Our first try was sensational, all three of their's were very well taken. We gave away too many penalties and fluffed things. Itoje and Sinckler should start the next game in my opinion. having said all of that their possession and off loading was extraordinary; but I also lst count of how many forward passes they got away with, it must have been in double figures.

Cracking game and the best side won!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Anyone watching...

Close game,giving it a good go again....

dorsetdano

Post by dorsetdano »

mkhammer wrote:Anyone watching...

Was a brilliant game and series. Itoje and Davies the stars for the Lions. I wish footballers would behave like rugby players with regard to respect to officials.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

dorsetdano wrote:
mkhammer wrote:Anyone watching...

Was a brilliant game and series. Itoje and Davies the stars for the Lions. I wish footballers would behave like rugby players with regard to respect to officials.
Agree mate Brilliant,international rugby so much better and enjoyable to watch than watching
the England footie team play.

They all played out of their skins,but the 2 guys you mention were outstanding.

Got a bit lucky at the end with that offside,bit of a strange one that,would have been shit to lose
the series on that,but that's the way it goes sometimes,Read was not happy,but was Bloody
brilliantly diplomatic about it.

Fair dues to the Kiwis they are absolutely Awesome,a joy to watch...