F1 2017

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Noni

F1 2017

Post by Noni »

Before you guys slate this sport, it's probably our most British success since 1950. Other then Darts and Snooker and maybe Boxing which is coming into life!....

Firstly before you switch your TV's off, I will 100% predict Lewis Hamilton winning another title, but also want Daniel Ricciardo to do well. I want Alonso and Massa to do extremely well and Ferrari are fucked!.... Let Vettel sulk in the corner and give us more drama as in 2016. Enough said. Don't reply unless you're a F1 fan!.......... :D

mkhammer

Re: F1 2017

Post by mkhammer »

Always make time to watch it if possible Noni,I don't think it's as exciting as it was tho,
and sometimes you do feel like your watching a procession,but when you do get a good race it's
fantastic.
Really helps having a Brit as the best driver at the moment,gonna be interesting see how Bottas
handles it this year.
Find the technology of the cars fascinating,one of the main things that keeps me watching.
Chandhoks pit reports are great at putting that side of things over.
Yeah,looks like Lewis is looking good for another title,want him to win but for the sake of F1
he needs some sort of challenge.
A team seems to stay at the forefront for a few years,then FIA implement a few changes to
slow them down and another team comes to the fore,reckon Mercedes time will be up soon.
Wonder if the new American owners have any wacky plans for it,
Maybe a half-time break,with a fuckin Lady Gaga concert in the middle :lol:
But do wish they would bring back Suzi Perry,Sexy as hell that woman....

belfasthammer

Post by belfasthammer »

Noni wrote:Before you guys slate this sport, it's probably our most British success since 1950. Other then Darts and Snooker and maybe Boxing which is coming into life!....

Firstly before you switch your TV's off, I will 100% predict Lewis Hamilton winning another title, but also want Daniel Ricciardo to do well. I want Alonso and Massa to do extremely well and Ferrari are fucked!.... Let Vettel sulk in the corner and give us more drama as in 2016. Enough said. Don't reply unless you're a F1 fan!.......... :D
Agree with Hamilton to win title Hope the new changes lead to more excitement

whufc_crest whufc_crest whufc_crest

Noni

Post by Noni »

mkhammer wrote:Always make time to watch it if possible Noni,I don't think it's as exciting as it was tho,
and sometimes you do feel like your watching a procession,but when you do get a good race it's
fantastic.
Really helps having a Brit as the best driver at the moment,gonna be interesting see how Bottas
handles it this year.
Find the technology of the cars fascinating,one of the main things that keeps me watching.
Chandhoks pit reports are great at putting that side of things over.
Yeah,looks like Lewis is looking good for another title,want him to win but for the sake of F1
he needs some sort of challenge.
A team seems to stay at the forefront for a few years,then FIA implement a few changes to
slow them down and another team comes to the fore,reckon Mercedes time will be up soon.
Wonder if the new American owners have any wacky plans for it,
Maybe a half-time break,with a fuckin Lady Gaga concert in the middle :i am genuinely amused:
But do wish they would bring back Suzi Perry,Sexy as hell that woman....
I agree on your comments, watch Chandhoks videos a lot and agree mostly 80% what she says! To be honest, I want Vettel to have a horrible season and Kimi to do well!.. But Red Bull are the Challenge to the Merc's........ ;) :)

Noni

Post by Noni »

Before I bore you uninterested folks who hate F1... 2017 looks more closely matched then last year with the top teams. Ferrari is looking good and should pose a threat to Mercedes... Unfortunately McClaren still have gremlins and will probably take a few races to catch up... I'm expecting Hamilton to romp towards his 4th title this year as Ferrari will share victories with Kimi and Vettel.

Probably see Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull dominate this season with Williams challenging for podiums. Season starts in 2 weeks time. Cannot wait!!............. :D

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Noni wrote:Before I bore you uninterested folks who hate F1... 2017 looks more closely matched then last year with the top teams. Ferrari is looking good and should pose a threat to Mercedes... Unfortunately McClaren still have gremlins and will probably take a few races to catch up... I'm expecting Hamilton to romp towards his 4th title this year as Ferrari will share victories with Kimi and Vettel.

Probably see Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull dominate this season with Williams challenging for podiums. Season starts in 2 weeks time. Cannot wait!!............. :D
Yeah agree mate,still watch the races when can,or highlights later on.
Hope Ham does it again,pretty important him being around,keeps the interest in uk high.
Don't live to far away from Silverstone,not been for a while ,might take a look at going this year.

Lets hope there's some good close racing...

Noni

Post by Noni »

5 races gone and both Hamilton and Vettal won 2 a piece this season so far, with Bottas collecting his first maiden victory in F1 for Mercedes back in China.. :)

Looks like Hamilton will make history this season by claiming the most Poles by a driver and probably by the British Grand Prix too. A great overtake by Hamilton has put both Mercedes again back in this title fight in this Spanish Grand Prix... Looks like both Ferrari and Mercedes will have a close battle till the end of this season.

Cannot wait till the next race as we face Monaco, one of my favourite tracks to watch on TV... Jenson Button returns to fill in for Alonso, while Alonso flies off to America to race the Indy 500 to start his triple crown effort. Hope he wins and Jenson scores the first ever points for McClaren this season, who are trailing right at the back of the scoreboard with no points... :(

In the history of F1, it's a surprise to see McClaren trailing here!! :(

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

McLaren are a joke. So monumentally uncompetitive they're happy to give their #1 driver time off after just 5 grand prix.
Be a shame if they go the same way as Williams.
Mind you imagine being the corporate bod who suggested Honda should get back into F1.
Poor sod.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Noni

Post by Noni »

Halfway through this season and Hamilton and Vettel are separated by 1 point. Bottas is doing a fantastic job for Mercedes to keep his seat for next year and possibly beyond. While Vettel continues to complain and blame others through his own faults.. :D

Great weekend for Hamilton. Pole, fastest lap, led most laps and won the British Grand Prix to equal the great Jimmy Clark.. 5 wins and 5 poles a piece.. Not bad.. The Brits generally do well on home turf. :)

Looking good for the 2nd half.. :)

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

It looked neck and neck between Mercedes and Ferrari early doors, but i think Mercedes have definitely moved ahead over the first half of the season. The last 2 qualifiers Hamilton's had a big gap over Raikkonen and Vettel. And it's only Hamilton's issues outside of his race pace that have stopped him being well ahead at this point.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.