Music

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: Music

Post by mkhammer »

JayK wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:20 am This might not be anyone’s cup of tea really but I enjoyed this album. From what I’ve heard, Pink Floyd don’t normally approve of these sort of things but apparently they loved it (who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️). Anyway, reggae version of dark side of the moon. Full album so you can go find your fave song.
Wow..nice one mate...not seen that before....give it a spin later.....can you still say that...spin... :lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:43 am
JayK wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:20 am This might not be anyone’s cup of tea really but I enjoyed this album. From what I’ve heard, Pink Floyd don’t normally approve of these sort of things but apparently they loved it (who knows 🤷🏻‍♂️). Anyway, reggae version of dark side of the moon. Full album so you can go find your fave song.
Wow..nice one mate...not seen that before....give it a spin later.....can you still say that...spin... :lol:
Ha ha, you can say what ya want if it ain’t offensive 😂😂😂
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:13 am

I read that the Aussie Floyd played at Gilmour’s 50th birthday party , an honour indeed , and Floyd strongly approve of them .

As for gigs in general , I got lucky enough to see most monster bands of that era Jay .

My biggest regret though was never having seen Bowie but everyone else pretty much.
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:26 am

I read that the Aussie Floyd played at Gilmour’s 50th birthday party , an honour indeed , and Floyd strongly approve of them .

As for gigs in general , I got lucky enough to see most monster bands of that era Jay .

My biggest regret though was never having seen Bowie but everyone else pretty much.
Wow, never heard that. Massive honour!!

Fair play to ya mate. I’ve hardly seen anyone. Considering most of my working life has seen me travel the UK loads, I’ve never been one to wanna travel too far for social reasons and to be amongst a big crowd. West Ham obviously being a weird exception.
COYI!!!

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

Stevie Nicks.............

Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Really enjoyed that last night mate....thought it was a remix and overdubbed...but they actually
play the whole thing themselves...really well done....Love hearing stuff not heard before..

Switched it over to the You-Tube Channel...came across this....
Brought up round Lambeth then North Ken/Harlesden way so first musical stuff I got was Reggae..

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:26 am

Yeah same as mate seen loads of gigs...couple a week at one point....would be a trip to the Marquee,
Ronnie Scotts..100 Club...Hammersmith...Camden somewhere,which was great for live music...
After Footie usually....

Did you ever get to see the Who....somehow managed to miss them...
They were due to tour this year...but this crap going round put paid to that.

Saw Bowie a few times..
Played right on my doorstep once...used to live bout a Mile and half from the Bowl MK...
Gave tickets to my kid Sister and mate...already seen him that tour..not big on the big outdoor stuff
anyway,but only way to see bands sometimes...Stones...etc...

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:01 am

Really enjoyed that last night mate....thought it was a remix and overdubbed...but they actually
play the whole thing themselves...really well done....Love hearing stuff not heard before..

Switched it over to the You-Tube Channel...came across this....
Brought up round Lambeth then North Ken/Harlesden way so first musical stuff I got was Reggae..

Yeah, they’re really good ain’t they. I think I saw they have another album. I’ll try find it later. Glad ya like it. I don’t bump into many people who like reggae so normally assume people I talk to aren’t fans of it. I prob got more reggae than any other genre on my iTunes.

That version you posted was a bit different. Like they hired Slaah to chuck a few cords in there 😄. Liked it though
COYI!!!

dagenhamdave

Post by dagenhamdave »

Watch the full Bob Marley concert live for free, started yesterday.