Steve Wright

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
palerider

Steve Wright

Post by palerider »

Leaving Radio 2 in a 'shake-up'.

Always loved listening to him driving home from work but times change. He's getting on, white and not a screaming bender.

His replacement, Scott Mills, is much younger and is a screaming bender. I suppose 2 out of 3 ain't bad.

terrya1965

Re: Steve Wright

Post by terrya1965 »

A brilliant broadcaster.

You know how the BBC work.Even though he had a massive fan base,they still needed to replace him.Absolute b*llocks!

Radio One was 55 yesterday.Use to listen(between Capital Radio),70's and 80's.But once they started replacing decent DJ's with gay black welshman being the criteria for a job there ,I turned off.

The BBC could easy have RadioOne Gold,with some of the old DJ's back,but they are the wrong type to work at the BBC now.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Never a fan myself. To me his particular brand of broadcasting ( yes broadcasting because he isn’t a proper disc jockey) is just , er , silly.

Radio 2 does have the best playlist though maybe that’s just my age telling a story.
Bring back Jonathon !

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

Couldnt stand him hes a dinosaur , his show and the pathetic sycophantic acolytes, all so 1970's , totally out of date .......but its the woke reasons for getting rid of him despise even more...i imagine the blatantly biased cunts must be in tears that they couldnt find a black to replace him as they had to settle for an iron hoof instead...never mind eh, managed to tick a box though, and thats all that counts

JayK

Post by JayK »

Liked him on radio 1 when I was a kid working for comet listening to Mr spoons song 😆
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 2:38 pm Liked him on radio 1 when I was a kid …
And that just about sums it up . His style hasn’t aged well .
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:21 pm Couldnt stand him hes a dinosaur , his show and the pathetic sycophantic acolytes, all so 1970's , totally out of date .......but its the woke reasons for getting rid of him despise even more...i imagine the blatantly biased cunts must be in tears that they couldnt find a black to replace him as they had to settle for an iron hoof instead...never mind eh, managed to tick a box though, and thats all that counts
This ties in well with a comment Whiskyman made on the footy forum .
He suggested that forums that aren’t very popular , as in busy , are not busy for a reason .
In the world we now live in , nobody wants to read and are afraid to speak the truth .
Good post Rick.
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

Rick_Deckard wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 1:21 pm Couldnt stand him hes a dinosaur , his show and the pathetic sycophantic acolytes, all so 1970's , totally out of date .......but its the woke reasons for getting rid of him despise even more...i imagine the blatantly biased cunts must be in tears that they couldnt find a black to replace him as they had to settle for an iron hoof instead...never mind eh, managed to tick a box though, and thats all that counts
I do get what you're saying mate. He's not as good as when he was on Radio One but his show is still head and shoulders above anything else R2 churn out. I listen because like Tim I like the music when they bother playing it after incessant drivel from the likes of Zoe Ball (who I could hit with a fucking shovel for her cringing niceness) and professional gay Rylan whatever the cunt's surname is.

So what do you do Rylan ? Sing, dance, act ?

No dear, I take it up the aris.

Job's yours.

I think I'll listen to classical now.