Prince Phillip Dies.

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Dwayne Pipes

Re: Prince Phillip Dies.

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Noni wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:22 pm I noticed the Queen wearing a big brimmed hat, head down and with a very large face mask. Obsviously to hold her emotions.

Good day for it and quite a good procession of colour with all the military gear.
Beautiful day weather wise.
Even in these restricted times no one beats us for ceremony ,impeccably carried out by our armed forces
A good send off for a war hero.

Long live the Queen.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 4:03 pm
palerider wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:12 pm I'm watching the funeral to say goodbye but I think they've missed a trick.

A gospel choir with a fire and brimstone preacher giving lots of 'Lemme hear ya say yeah' would have been more in keeping with today's diverse society.

Come on BBC.......B minus.
Thought the old chap would have had some Al Jolson classics belting out as a last hurrah.

RIP Sir.
Indeed.

The Archbishop of Canterbury could have at least blacked up.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Beautiful send off for a true Brit...thank you for everything...

R.I.P Sir.....

One of a handful of people I would have willingly taken the Knee for ...in it's true meaning that is...

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Why?

Nothing against the Royal family, ad to see an elderly lady alone in the church, was horrible

But, it's 2021 and we still have a family that people are expected to bow and courtesy to, its fucking wrong
Covid in the Boardroom

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

jameskel wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:00 pm Why?

Nothing against the Royal family, ad to see an elderly lady alone in the church, was horrible

But, it's 2021 and we still have a family that people are expected to bow and courtesy to, its fucking wrong
Queen,Phillip,Charles,and William/Kate...that's it mate...direct succession to throne only,and do it thru choice and
proud to...if was asked or required.
The Knee unless being Knighted/Honoured not expected any more,small bow of head is enough,small curtsy for the ladies,
It's the royal family,just a way of showing respect,does no harm,and prob over 95% of us would do it quite happily.

Was more making a point TBH Mate...what the knee actually means, it's being subserviant and giving your duty to someone.
Not a PR Stunt for effect.....as some seem to think...

h69

Post by h69 »

jameskel wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:00 pm Why?

I would rather kneel to the Queen than some marxist black activist organisation full of self serving woke cunts.

Noni

Post by Noni »

Would be happy to give the knee to the Queen. My dad was awarded the MBE in 1985 and is very proud of it. :)

As with the Royal family, they get a lot of stick, but I support the monarchy, reason is, we have a lot of history involved in it and it would be wrong to let it be destroyed over modernization. Prince Phillip educated the Queen by doing such that and hopefully the rest of the family in keeping with the times.

As with this black shit, I feel it's going a little too far with itself. I believe in respect, but we need to educate the police force and the government (laws) on this matter, not the public. Valterie Bottas(F1) has given up on kneeling now on every ceremony, he feels he's done his part and respects whats happened so far. I have a few black friends and don't treat them any differently. colour means nothing to me.

Glad that the police officer involved was rightly convicted of murder in the USA Floyd case.. Finally the result we wanted and justice served.

Finally 3-2 to West Ham as they beat Chelsea this weekend :D whufc_crest... Come on you Irons ;)