The Budget

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Ironworksfc

Re: The Budget

Post by Ironworksfc »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:09 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 11:18 am

A completely non scientific explanation for the spike. Winter. More people , particularly the elderly and the sick, die in winter. Whether it's covid, flu or even hypothermia that's the cause.

Not sure how reliable comparison with other countries is tbh. Different ways of interpreting statistics and different qualities of healthcare, some worse, some better, than the UK for different death rates could be an explanation I guess.
Looking at the maths, is it the case roughly speaking that extra yearly deaths increased by one/seventh from the normal ten-year average. Not disputing the 125K covid dead that is the widely quoted total.
When you look at one set of raw data on its own and compare it to previous years rates, 2020 looks pretty bad and it's not great, but also not that extra ordinary compared to previous years when you take population size into account.

It's clear that covid has had a major impact, but so has the grossly unproportuionate reaction to the risk posed for the majority of the nation.

https://fullfact.org/online/death-rate-2020-2003/

Another question that has been widely asked is whether or not numerous deaths have been claimed due to covid, that in previous years would have been recorded as heart attack or pneumonia etc.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Ironworksfc wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:14 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 1:09 pm
Looking at the maths, is it the case roughly speaking that extra yearly deaths increased by one/seventh from the normal ten-year average. Not disputing the 125K covid dead that is the widely quoted total.
When you look at one set of raw data on its own and compare it to previous years rates, 2020 looks pretty bad and it's not great, but also not that extra ordinary compared to previous years when you take population size into account.

It's clear that covid has had a major impact, but so has the grossly unproportuionate reaction to the risk posed for the majority of the nation.

Another question that has been widely asked is whether or not numerous deaths have been claimed due to covid, that in previous years would have been recorded as heart attack or pneumonia etc.
Well this has stayed stagnant a while

I was expecting our local mathematic genius to tell me how applying more than one data set to a statistic makes me an idiot.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Ironworksfc wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:44 pm

I was expecting our local mathematic genius to tell me how applying more than one data set to a statistic makes me an idiot.
I would never do that mate ;)
Bring back Jonathon !

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:56 pm

I would never do that mate ;)
And I would never think you would

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

One suggestion, read what you put up and take it in...read it thoroughly all the way thru,don't take snippets...
Read it till the end ....

TBH it's just getting boring now..saying we haven't had more deaths because of covid is simply ridiculous...

If you read back 6/8 months...I was on here saying that Actual Covid deaths weren't as high as data was suggesting
because of the way it was recorded...died within 28 days of a positive test,think I said you could get run over by a bus
and die...but if you had been tested positive ..that would go on your death certificate as well......
This does not mean Covid isn't killing more of us and pushing the annual death rates up...
Covid kills directly and indirectly...I could twist stats and figures to double Covid deaths that are put up ,quite easily,
I don't...

I really don't know what more to say to you...

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

mkhammer wrote: Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:43 pm

One suggestion, read what you put up and take it in...read it thoroughly all the way thru,don't take snippets...
Read it till the end ....

TBH it's just getting boring now..saying we haven't had more deaths because of covid is simply ridiculous...

If you read back 6/8 months...I was on here saying that Actual Covid deaths weren't as high as data was suggesting
because of the way it was recorded...died within 28 days of a positive test,think I said you could get run over by a bus
and die...but if you had been tested positive ..that would go on your death certificate as well......
This does not mean Covid isn't killing more of us and pushing the annual death rates up...
Covid kills directly and indirectly...I could twist stats and figures to double Covid deaths that are put up ,quite easily,
I don't...

I really don't know what more to say to you...
You should take a leaf out of your own book and practice what you preach and go back through what I posted.

Here is a little challenge for you, quote me where I have said that we don't have more deaths due to Covid. I shouldn't be surprised you won't be able to, as you do have good form in turning what someone has said and turning it into a lie.

I have stated, like you rightly have, that I am dubious of the amount of deaths that have been chalked up to Covid though.