The Budget

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BlackDiamond

Re: The Budget

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:17 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:04 pm

You are missing the point and it's pretty fucking frustrating when you accuse me of tunnel vision.

I will do child steps in the hope you can understand

Last year more people died than in previous years taken on one number only, total number of deaths.

If you go back through previous years and apply the population size to each year you get a percentage of population that has died.

Last year was not particularly spectacular against many other peak years.

It's not rocket science, stop watching the BBC.
And we should not forget that we have an ageing population as the so called post war "baby boomers" generation reaches their mid 70s. I will suggest, however unpalatable it may be to the snowflake nanny brigade, that older people, and I'm not too far off that myself, tend to drop off their perches more frequently than younger, healthier specimens.
Absolute. And that is the issue; healthy people survive C19 and unhealthy people are much more likely not to. Because it is that extra thing that tips the scales.

This is the case with the elderly population who in most cases are being carried along and patched up by the medicine they are taking. Without it they would have died much earlier. Which is why the ONS states that the onset of deaths in the majority of cases were accelerated by months not years because of Covid.

That US Senator put it slightly more blunter when he observed that the casualties were mostly people that had outlived their usefullness. I bet he's popular with his mum.

The Vaccination program is aimed at stopping the elderly all dying at the same time and allowing their passing to be staggered at a decent interval like it has been pre-Covid. Since we can't stop death that is all we can do.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:16 pm

And we should not forget that we have an ageing population as the so called post war "baby boomers" generation reaches their mid 70s. I will suggest, however unpalatable it may be to the snowflake nanny brigade, that older people, and I'm not too far off that myself, tend to drop off their perches more frequently than younger, healthier specimens.
Absolute. And that is the issue; healthy people survive C19 and unhealthy people are much more likely not to. Because it is that extra thing that tips the scales.

This is the case with the elderly population who in most cases are being carried along and patched up by the medicine they are taking. Without it they would have died much earlier. Which is why the ONS states that the onset of deaths in the majority of cases were accelerated by months not years because of Covid.

That US Senator put it slightly more blunter when he observed that the casualties were mostly people that had outlived their usefullness. I bet he's popular with his mum.

The Vaccination program is aimed at stopping the elderly all dying at the same time and allowing their passing to be staggered at a decent interval like it has been pre-Covid. Since we can't stop death that is all we can do.
I think it's probably more to do to stop hospitals becoming clogged up with wheezing, usually incurable, 80 somethings taking up hospital beds which could be put to better use curing people who actually have a chance of long term survival. Death is a fact of life. Hospital beds full up, important operations and treatments being postponed is something else entirely. And of course politically unacceptable.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:02 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 2:16 pm

I think it's probably more to do to stop hospitals becoming clogged up with wheezing, usually incurable, 80 somethings taking up hospital beds which could be put to better use curing people who actually have a chance of long term survival. Death is a fact of life. Hospital beds full up, important operations and treatments being postponed is something else entirely. And of course politically unacceptable.
And that is the entire reason for all the Lockdowns. They can't have hospitals seen to be failing. That is their huge worry and their achiles heel in easing restrictions.

What they could have done is put all the Covid patients into Nightingales and kept all the hospitals for patients who don't transmit or share their illnesss. Thereby not multplying infection ffs.

That would have sent the message that Nightingale's are for Covid patients only, so people might prefer to take their chances at home. Which logistically might suit everybody else.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:07 am

Can assure you mate I don't miss any points...you just have severe tunnel vision over this mate...

Population...increases annually in the UK Approx 0.7% (actually is dropping I read somewhere)
The increase in death rate for last year is higher than the Norm, the Average anywhere from 7/10%
30,000- 60,000,depending on who's figures you use and at what time they were taken,and how they were accrued.
We didn't have a population explosion,which would be the only way to justify what you are saying mate.

How and why this years death toll is higher...we can argue about...but not the actual figures.

More people have died this year than previously.And they haven't all been run over by buses............

How many cases and deaths do you think we would have had with no precautions....can tell you mate, you wouldn't
have the spin you've got on it now,and our conversations on here would be totally different.
Because we would be in shit street..
Every Country in the world has resorted to "LockDowns" of some kind,because thats the logical approach...but you say
we shouldn't have bothered and Ignored it and cracked on...........C'mon mate...

https://www.kingsfund.org.uk/press/pres ... d-response
You are missing the point and it's pretty fucking frustrating when you accuse me of tunnel vision.

Last year more people died than in previous years taken on one number only, total number of deaths.

If you go back through previous years and apply the population size to each year you get a percentage of population that has died.

Your not very good at this stuff are you pal.... :lol: it's getting embarrassing mate...

I'll try again....the population rises at approx 0.7% each year....equates to roughly 360,000 a year.
The Average deaths per year are again approx..is around 550,000.......this year it's pushing above 600,000...
This is widely acknowledged and accepted...so do the math.
You're on your Jack with your figures mate..

Trying to work out where you're fuckin up....you might be quoting England and Wales Stats...as opposed to UK stats
Some of the ONS stuff about was up to September...
Figures are easily manipulated ,especially by the jerks on social media...do your own research mate...

OH the BBC fuck me off immensely,by the way..and... I don't need child steps...and... you should stop being rude

This might help you understand....
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-how ... s-12185275

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Exactly that...Covid is only doing what life does...takes the elderly and vulnerable mainly.....Difference with a Virus,
especially this one,it's the healthy and fit amongst us that are passing it on to the Elderly and Vulnerable,it's our
duty to protect them and stop it circulating by doing and following the steps we have.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:40 pm

Your not very good at this stuff are you pal.... :lol: it's getting embarrassing mate...

I'll try again....the population rises at approx 0.7% each year....equates to roughly 360,000 a year.
The Average deaths per year are again approx..is around 550,000.......this year it's pushing above 600,000...
This is widely acknowledged and accepted...so do the math.
You're on your Jack with your figures mate..

Trying to work out where you're fuckin up....you might be quoting England and Wales Stats...as opposed to UK stats
Some of the ONS stuff about was up to September...
Figures are easily manipulated ,especially by the jerks on social media...do your own research mate...

OH the BBC fuck me off immensely,by the way..and... I don't need child steps...and... you should stop being rude

This might help you understand....
https://news.sky.com/story/covid-19-how ... s-12185275
:roll:

Still don't get the point.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:40 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:02 pm

And that is the entire reason for all the Lockdowns. They can't have hospitals seen to be failing. That is their huge worry and their achiles heel in easing restrictions.

What they could have done is put all the Covid patients into Nightingales and kept all the hospitals for patients who don't transmit or share their illnesss. Thereby not multplying infection ffs.

That would have sent the message that Nightingale's are for Covid patients only, so people might prefer to take their chances at home. Which logistically might suit everybody else.
Precisely. As I’ve said before Mrs W has a friend who is a GP. She maintains as many as 50% of “COVID” patients in hospital do not need to be there.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 7:51 pm

Exactly that...Covid is only doing what life does...takes the elderly and vulnerable mainly.....Difference with a Virus,
especially this one,it's the healthy and fit amongst us that are passing it on to the Elderly and Vulnerable,it's our
duty to protect them and stop it circulating by doing and following the steps we have.
Did you do your duty and stay at home in 2018 when a nasty strain of influenza took an extra 50,000 extra winter deaths?
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

But in ANY scenario involving macro economics there has to be a risk and reward analysis. The law of unintended consequences can be a bitch,. Close huge swathes of the economy, reduce peoples disposable income, destroy many small businesses, screw around with the education of the next generation of tax payers and, voila, you have a significantly reduced tax income to fund, among other things, the NHS, possibly for a great many years to come.

And at the risk of sounding totally heartless for what ? If we were that concerned about preservation of life for it's own sake would we not, as an example, be sending billions worth of aid to address the issue of malnutrition ? And just for the record I'm not suggesting we do that, simply using it as an example. No doubt there are many better ones as others will probably point out.

Our population, and no doubt the same applies in other countries, is getting older. There is now a greater percentage of "elderly" people than there have ever been before. Whether we liie it or not the death rate will, therefore, increase not least because as we get older we become less able to resist diseases.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:04 am

But in ANY scenario involving macro economics there has to be a risk and reward analysis. The law of unintended consequences can be a bitch,. Close huge swathes of the economy, reduce peoples disposable income, destroy many small businesses, screw around with the education of the next generation of tax payers and, voila, you have a significantly reduced tax income to fund, among other things, the NHS, possibly for a great many years to come.

And at the risk of sounding totally heartless for what ? If we were that concerned about preservation of life for it's own sake would we not, as an example, be sending billions worth of aid to address the issue of malnutrition ? And just for the record I'm not suggesting we do that, simply using it as an example. No doubt there are many better ones as others will probably point out.

Our population, and no doubt the same applies in other countries, is getting older. There is now a greater percentage of "elderly" people than there have ever been before. Whether we liie it or not the death rate will, therefore, increase not least because as we get older we become less able to resist diseases.
I think it's quite amazing that in India 50% of a very large population is under 25. Go India,go.

One consequence of a year of lockdown disruption, is the accelerated change in working habits and the shift into new technologies.

Almost all companies are planning downsizing their infrastructure and using their workforce more imaginatively. Which will reward the very brightest who in a more transparent work environment will obviously be more visible.

The losers are the vast swathes of mediocre talent who sat comfortably embedded in successful organisations without contributing enough.