The Official Lewis Hamilton is a Big Cunt thread

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: F1,2021

Post by mkhammer »

Gandalf wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:22 pm
mkhammer wrote: Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:11 pm

G,I don't have to do anything to promote it,because I don't distinguish between colour creed, religion,sex,anything,everyone
is equal in my eyes....this is a view shared by probably over 95% of the UK,I would in fact say higher.
I do my bit..if you wanna call it that..as do a huge proportion of us.

You'd go a long way and have a long search to find true racism in this country...idiots and twats are a lot easier to find,but
fundamentally they are not racists...just twats and idiots....the same idiots and twats that put up a load of bollocks
on Social Media Outlets..and shout out stuff at footie matches.
The same people that call people Pigs on Soc Med..cos they are overweight...or fuckin ugly,cos they have a mole...
it goes on...
People like Lewis...and I like and respect him..I've bigged him up enough on here,do not always help the Agenda of
Equality,by what they say and do,with Reference to the Black Lives Matter Campaign.
It creates divide.separation....it's doing it know
Lewis undoubtedly got some grief in the playground etc....even Stevenage has it idiots and twats..but doubt he sees any now.
it's fuckin wrong ..but it's life.
We we're going a huge way towards Equality...BLM has set that back 20 years..

And I WILL say it AGAIN........People that deny what they are and Identify as something they are not can piss me off to
varying degrees..................Lewis and others denying they are half white is right up there in my pissed off scale I'm afraid.

He should be proud of his heritage and what he is and use that for Equality....not Denial...
MK, You say you don't have to promote equality because you don't distinguish between colour, creed etc. But surely it's people like you who SHOULD be promoting equality. If people like you don't do it, then who? People who do distinguish between colour, creed etc. certainty wouldn't be promoting equality. So who is left?
Hamilton is using his platform to try to bring some good into the world. Sure, he's getting some things wrong along the way. But when you try, and make mistakes, and those mistakes get criticized by people that didn't even try, I think that is just plain wrong!!

You say the BLM movement has set us back 20 years. No, it hasn't. It's just highlighting things we didn't know 20 years ago. If George Floyd had been killed 20 years ago none of us would ever have known about it. Ask yourself how many people have been killed over those years that we never knew about?
The point I made in a previous post was, now everyone carries a camera in their pocket, sometimes these killings get filmed and end up on social media for the world to see. So only now do we know it's happening.
So what do we do about it? Do we just look away and say "It's not my problem"?

If you don't want to do anything about it I really have no problem with that. But surely you should give a bit of respect to a man who is trying.
You say what really pisses you off is the fact that he's denying he's half white. But what has he actually said or done to make you think this? Sure, he said the "Maybe it's because I'm black" comment when being interviewed live on television. But he knew instantly he'd said something wrong there. And I'm sure you didn't base your whole judgement on one verbal cock-up! So what else?
Maybe you mean he's denying he's half white by identifying more with his black side. If that's true perhaps there are reasons for it. You said yourself that he undoubtedly got grief in the playground in Stevenage. And he has acknowledged himself that he wasn't always made to feel welcome.
So if someone like him gets shunned by elements of the white society but is welcomed by the black society is it any wonder he identifies more with them?
But just because that happens that does not mean he's denying his white heritage.
I have a Dutch wife. Therefore my son is half Dutch/half English. He identifies more as Dutch. And there is a very good reason for that. He lives in the Netherlands. But he does not deny he is half English. It's just the way things are for him. There is no requirement for him to promote both side of his heritage in equal measure.
And it's the same with Hamilton. Yet that pisses you off.
Him not promoting his white side annoys you. Black people getting killed because of the colour of their skin annoys him.
I don't think those two things really compare.
Hi..
I don't know what you want me to say G...in respect of Promoting Equality...I live it,I do what Lewis and others want...
I don't see differences,never have done never will...hating or disliking someone cos of colour makes no sense to me...
Culture ...that's a different argument...but we're not talkin bout that here.
Most "Hatred" we have in this country,when you find it is actually cultural not Colour driven,but exploring that doesn't
suit some peoples agendas....the agenda of divide,which the BLM campaign is causing,thats why I can't support it.

Movements like that are to split...you'll have most that support it meaning well,Led by people with Hardline ulterior
motives...All These so called "Movements" have extremists behind them,the actual good cause that started off,
gets lost...good natured Marches turn into near riots with shops getting looted,cars burnt,we've seen it.

Mate you need to check out how many white dudes die in police custody,or while trying to arrest...fact is most violent
crimes...the gangland drug stuff is perpetrated mainly by the Inner City blacks.

I respect and like Lewis..Read my previous posts about him...Borderline Hero To Me in what he does,Always Loved F1,
and he's the best ever been now,and a Brit,I'm Proud of him...
But...In this case on a personal level...we disagree,only in the fact that I think in using what he is a mixed race guy
who has a voice,that Like Obama and others could be better used to bring about the Equality 99% of us want...

Look at me I'm Successful and I'm here because a Black Man and a White Woman fell in love...that would make people
go yeah right,thats cool...Not Denying you are half white,that gets people like me and others Backs Up...

There's plenty of successful Black Guys and Girls that can Big up Equality,he and others are missing the chance to
come at it from another angle if you like.

Kids get Bullied cos their fat,short,tall,have a stammer,no parents,to shy,poor,have a scar,...bald thru chemo treatments,
it's a cruel world at times....their lives matter as well.

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Ironworksfc wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:51 pm
Gandalf wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 6:36 pm

So Ironworksfc, in answer to your questions:

Yes, I'm white.

"Name me something that Hamilton has actually done...."

He set up the Lewis Hamilton Foundation that supports six charities - Education Africa, Great Ormond Street Hospital, Harlem Children's Zone, Save the Children, The Honeypot Children's Charity and UNICEF;

He set up the Hamilton Commission to promote diversity in motorsport.

He was the instigator behind the 'End Racism' campaign in Formula One.

And as of this year he is in partnership with Mercedes in their Diversity Foundation.

Regarding my comments to MK, this is not the first discussion I've had with him. I don't think we have agreed on anything yet. But the discussions between us have always been good natured. So I repeat;
I am NOT calling MK a racist!!!!!!!
First of all I am more than happy to admit if I am wrong, clearly Lewis Hamilton is very active in the charity world and in some cases, specially for BAME orientated charities. I am guilty of being blinkered here.

Secondly I apologise for insinuating that you were accusing MK of being racist, I really mean that, an overreaction on my part.

What I will never agree with is that there is racism inherent in formula 1 or in any aspect of daily life in this country. Everyone gets the same chances, regardless of skin colour and I will always refute the bullshit statement of systematic racism and white privilege.

What doesn't help in this situation is getting behind an organisation that have weaponised 3 clever words, an organisation that care not one bit about black lives and their only goal is to destroy capitalism and usher in dangerous Marxist goals, that would ultimately make things worse for the poorest of this nation.

It also doesn't help anyone's cause when you jump ship to the top 1% destination to avoid taxes that benefit others whilst claiming that you grew up in a Hertfordshire ghetto.

It's easy to see why he gets labelled as a hypocrite.
Respect for your first two comments. Appreciate that. 8-)

And an apology on my part regarding your third response. On re-reading my own comment it's clear I didn't word it very well.

"He was the instigator behind the 'End Racism' campaign in Formula One".

This looks like I'm implying there is racism in Formula One. I didn't mean that and Hamilton has never said that.
What I meant was, Hamilton and Formula One are using their position to promote anti-racism. Hamilton instigated it, and Formula One are promoting it.
When you talk about no inherent racism in any aspect of daily life, let's just say I wouldn't be a million miles away from you in that view. (I don't agree entirely but not enough to be worth debating here).
But what you need to remember is, Hamilton is a global star, in a global sport with a global audience. He his not promoting anti-racism in the UK, he is simply promoting anti-racism!
The obvious focus of that is the US because of what has gone on over there with the police and the white supremacists. But he is not specifying the US. He is just trying to raise awareness.

And regarding your comment about taxes, I already answered a similar remark from Newmarket. So I will repeat what I said to him.

He does pay tax. A lot of it. He is employed by a UK based company. (Mercedes are based in Brixworth). Therefore his wages get taxed at source just like every employee in the UK.
Where he does save on taxes are things like personal sponsorships. But so what? Are you genuinely telling me you wouldn't do the same if you could?

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:51 pm
Gandalf wrote: Tue Feb 16, 2021 9:22 pm

MK, You say you don't have to promote equality because you don't distinguish between colour, creed etc. But surely it's people like you who SHOULD be promoting equality. If people like you don't do it, then who? People who do distinguish between colour, creed etc. certainty wouldn't be promoting equality. So who is left?
Hamilton is using his platform to try to bring some good into the world. Sure, he's getting some things wrong along the way. But when you try, and make mistakes, and those mistakes get criticized by people that didn't even try, I think that is just plain wrong!!

You say the BLM movement has set us back 20 years. No, it hasn't. It's just highlighting things we didn't know 20 years ago. If George Floyd had been killed 20 years ago none of us would ever have known about it. Ask yourself how many people have been killed over those years that we never knew about?
The point I made in a previous post was, now everyone carries a camera in their pocket, sometimes these killings get filmed and end up on social media for the world to see. So only now do we know it's happening.
So what do we do about it? Do we just look away and say "It's not my problem"?

If you don't want to do anything about it I really have no problem with that. But surely you should give a bit of respect to a man who is trying.
You say what really pisses you off is the fact that he's denying he's half white. But what has he actually said or done to make you think this? Sure, he said the "Maybe it's because I'm black" comment when being interviewed live on television. But he knew instantly he'd said something wrong there. And I'm sure you didn't base your whole judgement on one verbal cock-up! So what else?
Maybe you mean he's denying he's half white by identifying more with his black side. If that's true perhaps there are reasons for it. You said yourself that he undoubtedly got grief in the playground in Stevenage. And he has acknowledged himself that he wasn't always made to feel welcome.
So if someone like him gets shunned by elements of the white society but is welcomed by the black society is it any wonder he identifies more with them?
But just because that happens that does not mean he's denying his white heritage.
I have a Dutch wife. Therefore my son is half Dutch/half English. He identifies more as Dutch. And there is a very good reason for that. He lives in the Netherlands. But he does not deny he is half English. It's just the way things are for him. There is no requirement for him to promote both side of his heritage in equal measure.
And it's the same with Hamilton. Yet that pisses you off.
Him not promoting his white side annoys you. Black people getting killed because of the colour of their skin annoys him.
I don't think those two things really compare.
Hi..
I don't know what you want me to say G...in respect of Promoting Equality...I live it,I do what Lewis and others want...
I don't see differences,never have done never will...hating or disliking someone cos of colour makes no sense to me...
Most "Hatred" we have in this country,when you find it is actually cultural not Colour driven,but exploring that doesn't
suit some peoples agendas....the agenda of divide,which the BLM campaign is causing,thats why I can't support it.

Movements like that are to split...you'll have most that support it meaning well,Led by people with Hardline ulterior
motives...All These so called "Movements" have extremists behind them,the actual good cause that started off,
gets lost...good natured Marches turn into near riots with shops getting looted,cars burnt,we've seen it.

Mate you need to check out how many white dudes die in police custody,or while trying to arrest...fact is most violent
crimes...the gangland drug stuff is perpetrated mainly by the Inner City blacks.

I respect and like Lewis..Read my previous posts about him...Borderline Hero To Me in what he does,Always Loved F1,
But...In this case on a personal level...we disagree,only in the fact that I think in using what he is a mixed race guy
who has a voice,that Like Obama and others could be better used to bring about the Equality 99% of us want...

Look at me I'm Successful and I'm here because a Black Man and a White Woman fell in love...that would make people
go yeah right,thats cool...Not Denying you are half white,that gets people like me and others Backs Up...

There's plenty of successful Black Guys and Girls that can Big up Equality,he and others are missing the chance to

Kids get Bullied cos their fat,short,tall,have a stammer,no parents,to shy,poor,have a scar,...bald thru chemo treatments,
MK, every point you made there is a valid point. And maybe he could have achieved better results if he addressed the problem from a different angle. The mixed-race angle. So he missed a trick. I've already stated I don't agree with everything he does. But the point I already made to you, and I'll make again is, when someone tries, but makes mistakes, and those mistakes get criticized by someone who didn't even try, I think it's just wrong!!

When you look at various other sportsmen and women out there, both now and in the recent past, many of them have a less that exemplary record, both on and off their chosen field of play. Luis Suarez, Joey Barton, Tiger Woods, Ryan Giggs, Tony Adams, Lance Armstrong, Ben Johnson, Tonya Harding, John Daly, Diego Maradona, the list goes on and on. And of course, Michael Schumacher.

As a Formula One fan I have had many conversations over the years about the merits of particular drivers, and of course the impossible-to-answer question of who is the best driver ever.

Before Hamilton achieved what he has done these conversations generally centred around Schumacher.
It was always my argument that he was not the best ever, mainly for two arguments.

1. The cheating: Running Hill off the road, ramming Villeneuve, running Massa into the wall, parking his car at Rascasse in qualifying, illegal traction control etc. etc.

2. The No.2 driver: Schumacher had team mates whose sole purposed was to be his wingman and were contractually obliged to move over should they ever find themselves ahead of Schumacher.

Whenever I mentioned these points I got the age-old response of simply pointing at the records books. “It’s the record books that count and it’s the record books that say he’s the best ever”.

And most thought at the time that those records would never be broken.
But now they have. By Hamilton. And the way he has achieved it has been remarkable. No suggestion of any cheating. No compliant teammate. He’s done it as it should be done!

Many on here see him as being arrogant. But is that really true?

Think about what he says when being interviewed after every victory. Every single time he praised his mechanics in the pit lane and those back at the factory. Every time!!!

For us watching it gets a bit monotonous hearing him come out with the same lines again and again.
But he’s not saying it to us. He’s saying to those mechanics in the pit lane and the staff at the factory. He’s rallying the troops. Because he understands the value of that team behind him. That is hardly the sign of arrogance.

Take a look at the video below. In that video he is 13 years old. And already at that age he understands the importance of praising his mechanics. Of rallying the troops. He's been doing it all through his motor racing life. And it’s helped him to get where he is.
When you rally the troops around you you take on that leadership role. And when you take on that leadership role it can get perceived as arrogance. But maybe it’s just part of what is required to get to the top.

And now he's doing a similar thing away from the track. And again, some see that as arrogance.

Go back and look at the first page of this thread. Noni started talking about F1 and the coming season, and immediately there were some who used that as an opportunity to attack Hamilton.

So far in this thread Newmarket admitted he made a mistake about the taxes Hamilton pays, and Ironworksfc admitted he was a bit blinkered when it came to Hamilton's charity work. I'm happy to have opened their eyes a little and I'm happy that they are big enough to admit some of their views were wrong.

You started off your post by saying "I don't know what you want me to say". All I'm asking from anyone is to see that he is trying to do the right thing. Even if he sometimes gets things wrong his intentions are certainly good!

Last edited by Gandalf on Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Gandalf wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 5:09 pm
mkhammer wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:51 pm

Hi..

MK, every point you made there is a valid point. And maybe he could have achieved better results if he addressed the problem from a different angle. The mixed-race angle. So he missed a trick. I've already stated I don't agree with everything he does. But the point I already made to you, and I'll make again is, when someone tries, but makes mistakes, and those mistakes get criticized by someone who didn't even try, I think it's just wrong!!

When you look at various other sportsmen and women out there, both now and in the recent past, many of them have a less that exemplary record, both on and off their chosen field of play. Luis Suarez, Joey Barton, Tiger Woods, Ryan Giggs, Tony Adams, Lance Armstrong, Ben Johnson, Tonya Harding, John Daly, Diego Maradona, the list goes on and on. And of course, Michael Schumacher.

As a Formula One fan I have had many conversations over the years about the merits of particular drivers, and of course the impossible-to-answer question of who is the best driver ever.

Before Hamilton achieved what he has done these conversations generally centred around Schumacher.
It was always my argument that he was not the best ever, mainly for two arguments.

1. The cheating: Running Hill off the road, ramming Villeneuve, running Massa into the wall, parking his car at Rascasse in qualifying, illegal traction control etc. etc.

2. The No.2 driver: Schumacher had team mates whose sole purposed was to be his wingman and were contractually obliged to move over should they ever find themselves ahead of Schumacher.

Whenever I mentioned these points I got the age-old response of simply pointing at the records books. “It’s the record books that count and it’s the record books that say he’s the best ever”.

And most thought at the time that those records would never be broken.
But now they have. By Hamilton. And the way he has achieved it has been remarkable. No suggestion of any cheating. No compliant teammate. He’s done it as it should be done!

Many on here see him as being arrogant. But is that really true?

Think about what he says when being interviewed after every victory. Every single time he praised his mechanics in the pit lane and those back at the factory. Every time!!!

For us watching it gets a bit monotonous hearing him come out with the same lines again and again.
But he’s not saying it to us. He’s saying to those mechanics in the pit lane and the staff at the factory. He’s rallying the troops. Because he understands the value of that team behind him. That is hardly the sign of arrogance.

Take a look at the video below. In that video he is 13 years old. And already at that age he understands the importance of praising his mechanics. Of rallying the troops. He's been doing it all through his motor racing life. And it’s helped him to get where he is.
When you rally the troops around you you take on that leadership role. And when you take on that leadership role it can get perceived as arrogance. But maybe it’s just part of what is required to get to the top.

And now he's doing a similar thing away from the track. And again, some see that as arrogance.

Go back and look at the first page of this thread. Noni started talking about F1 and the coming season, and immediately there were some who used that as an opportunity to attack Hamilton.

So far in this thread Newmarket admitted he made a mistake about the taxes Hamilton pays, and Ironworksfc admitted he was a bit blinkered when it came to Hamilton's charity work. I'm happy to have opened their eyes a little and I'm happy that they are big enough to admit some of their views were wrong.

You started of your post by saying "I don't know what you want me to say". All I'm asking from anyone is to see that he is trying to do the right thing. Evening if he does get it wrong sometimes his intentions are certainly good!

Great post mate,agree with every word...Some people ,well lots achieve by being able to,we'll say bend the rules,it's
in every sport,and mean every sport....Divers to drug enhancements...to Ferrari of all teams,the peoples team,cheating
over their power boost system....you'd know more about that than me.

Lewis has got to the very top with no cheating..was even done out of another F1 championship,when his car mysteriously
packed up,in 2007 when Mclaren were excluded from constructors Championship...espionage/spying....pretty certain
it was agreed somewhere that they wouldn't take the drivers title as well..so they "Found a Problem" with Lewis' car.
Like said I like Lewis...huge respect for him....and nothing against his integrity as a man.

I just have a problem with the thing of people "identifying" as something they are not...that's all....be honest.
Especially if you can and are in a position to better help a cause by being so,it's important, people should think things
thru.

Think I was the only person on here that said if my team mates wanted me to and we discussed it.I would take the knee
with them...I get it.....BUT after 3/4 games would say I'm unhappy with this now,we've made our point,it's time to stop it,
doesn't mean your against the cause,just a different approach is needed to it.....don't shove things down peoples throats,
it starts to have the opposite affect on them.....and if one of my team mates gave the Black Power Salute,as Micky did,
and Lingard does..I be having a word, do that and I stand,cos it has a whole different context.

And there's nothing wrong in disagreeing ,because you see something one way,doesn't mean you are right....and
it's his life to do with as HE chooses...

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Gandalf wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:20 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:51 pm

First of all I am more than happy to admit if I am wrong, clearly Lewis Hamilton is very active in the charity world and in some cases, specially for BAME orientated charities. I am guilty of being blinkered here.

Secondly I apologise for insinuating that you were accusing MK of being racist, I really mean that, an overreaction on my part.

What I will never agree with is that there is racism inherent in formula 1 or in any aspect of daily life in this country. Everyone gets the same chances, regardless of skin colour and I will always refute the bullshit statement of systematic racism and white privilege.

What doesn't help in this situation is getting behind an organisation that have weaponised 3 clever words, an organisation that care not one bit about black lives and their only goal is to destroy capitalism and usher in dangerous Marxist goals, that would ultimately make things worse for the poorest of this nation.

It also doesn't help anyone's cause when you jump ship to the top 1% destination to avoid taxes that benefit others whilst claiming that you grew up in a Hertfordshire ghetto.

It's easy to see why he gets labelled as a hypocrite.

And an apology on my part regarding your third response. On re-reading my own comment it's clear I didn't word it very well.

This looks like I'm implying there is racism in Formula One. I didn't mean that and Hamilton has never said that.
What I meant was, Hamilton and Formula One are using their position to promote anti-racism. Hamilton instigated it, and Formula One are promoting it.
When you talk about no inherent racism in any aspect of daily life, let's just say I wouldn't be a million miles away from you in that view. (I don't agree entirely but not enough to be worth debating here).
But what you need to remember is, Hamilton is a global star, in a global sport with a global audience. He his not promoting anti-racism in the UK, he is simply promoting anti-racism!
The obvious focus of that is the US because of what has gone on over there with the police and the white supremacists. But he is not specifying the US. He is just trying to raise awareness.

And regarding your comment about taxes, I already answered a similar remark from Newmarket. So I will repeat what I said to him.

He does pay tax. A lot of it. He is employed by a UK based company. (Mercedes are based in Brixworth). Therefore his wages get taxed at source just like every employee in the UK.
Where he does save on taxes are things like personal sponsorships. But so what? Are you genuinely telling me you wouldn't do the same if you could?
When I say no inherent racism in any aspect of daily life, I'm not saying there isn't racism out there, there are definitely racists you would encounter in daily life.

What I object to is that there is systematic racism, there is not a single law or practice in place in this country that encourages white privilege. I would argue that tis the exact opposite, given that there have been actual job applications that proclude white people from applying.

I will not be programmed for a narrative that does not exist.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Noni

Post by Noni »

The more this thread goes on, I cannot wait till the start of F1!....... :lol:

Personally this racist thing is a little far fetched IMO, but saying that, it all depends where you all come from in this world. Nobody is going to get VIP treatment just because of your colour. It all depends on the other guy and his attitude.

As far as Hamilton is concerned, he's trying to make it fairer for everyone and speaking out as he is, wants everyone to be treated the same, specially within his sport of F1. As a famous person, he's trying to do his best. But not everyone share's the same opinion. :( You cannot argue, that Hamilton does his talking on the track, often without help from others. The fact that his team mates are never a match, excluding Button and Rosberg who have gone that much better in one season, proves he is human. Unlike Schumacher, who was often giving special VIP treatment during the race from his team, allowing him to pass his team mate during a race. :(

There are a lot of sports biased on colour like athletics running, boxing, basket ball and maybe football included as they appear more dominant in the sport at the time.

So as far as I'm concerned, most of this racist thing is BS. ;)

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Noni wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:49 am The more this thread goes on, I cannot wait till the start of F1!....... :lol:

Personally this racist thing is a little far fetched IMO, but saying that, it all depends where you all come from in this world. Nobody is going to get VIP treatment just because of your colour. It all depends on the other guy and his attitude.

As far as Hamilton is concerned, he's trying to make it fairer for everyone and speaking out as he is, wants everyone to be treated the same, specially within his sport of F1. As a famous person, he's trying to do his best. But not everyone share's the same opinion. :( You cannot argue, that Hamilton does his talking on the track, often without help from others. The fact that his team mates are never a match, excluding Button and Rosberg who have gone that much better in one season, proves he is human. Unlike Schumacher, who was often giving special VIP treatment during the race from his team, allowing him to pass his team mate during a race. :(

There are a lot of sports biased on colour like athletics running, boxing, basket ball and maybe football included as they appear more dominant in the sport at the time.

goodpost:) .... mostly 👍🏻 :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Newmarket wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 10:04 am
Noni wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 8:49 am The more this thread goes on, I cannot wait till the start of F1!....... :lol:

goodpost:) .... mostly 👍🏻 :lol:
:lol:

Gandalf

Post by Gandalf »

Ironworksfc wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 10:06 pm
Gandalf wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 12:20 pm

When I say no inherent racism in any aspect of daily life, I'm not saying there isn't racism out there, there are definitely racists you would encounter in daily life.

What I object to is that there is systematic racism, there is not a single law or practice in place in this country that encourages white privilege. I would argue that tis the exact opposite, given that there have been actual job applications that proclude white people from applying.

I will not be programmed for a narrative that does not exist.
There's nothing in those comments I would disagree with.

"What I object to is that there is systematic racism, there is not a single law or practice in place in this country that encourages white privilege"

Regarding this comment, yes I agree. But I should also add nobody has ever said or implied otherwise.

"I would argue that tis the exact opposite, given that there have been actual job applications that proclude white people from applying"

Yes. This annoys me too. So called 'positive-racism' is still racism. So if a black man is given a job because of the colour of his skin because a company needs, by law, a certain quota of ethnic minorities, then that is just wrong and in my mind counterproductive.

I guess when we boil it all down none of us are a millions miles apart with our basic views. It's just this constant hatred towards one man who is trying to make difference in the world, that's what irritates me.

Anyway, Noni, hurry up and start a new thread!! :lol:

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

....... so..... about this F1 business?......
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"