Escape to the sun

News, Banter and anything else non football!!

Who would get on a plane tomorrow and get some winter sun

Hell yes, I'm in
75%
Not sure, it might be a bit risky
13%
No chance, stay at home otherwise we all die
13%

Total votes: 8

terrya1965

Re: Escape to the sun

Post by terrya1965 »

tassiehammer wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 8:28 am
terrya1965 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 9:44 pm
I'm packing the suitcase has we speak Tass.

Get the spare room ready ;)
Theres been a few Tel and hopefully a few more. Always a bed at our place for family and friends from home. Had old mates from Stratford asking to look after their backpacking kids as well. But.....you have to help keep the beer fridge stocked as we empty it. Thems the rules down under :D :) :D
Well,that seems a decent deal :D

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:59 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:54 am

Canary Islands for us. Beer at happy hour prices 24/7. 1 Euro a pint in some places, otherwise a rip off 2 Euros. :lol:

Lake Balaton wouldn't be very sunny this time of the year so I'll give that a miss until later. ;)
Our days of Tenerife, Gran Canaria and Lanzarote are done but we went to the island of La Palma end of 2019 and fell in love with it. Cracking little place and the hotel we were at was fantastic. Not much in the way of accessible beaches as the whole place is basically a volcano but the hotel had like 7 huge pools and even a faux beach so that wasn't an issue.

No British pubs and pissed up chavs either, so that was a plus.
We were literally going through the web sites planning to return but of course, the whole place has blown up!

Me and the Mrs think it's our fault. We went to Cuba and then a while after a volcano went off nearby and caused problems... We went to Cape Verde and within a year a volcano erupted on the islands. We went to La Palma and oops we did it again! :lol:

I'm now browsing trips to Yellowstone...
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:22 pm

Our days of Tenerife, Gran Canaria and Lanzarote are done but we went to the island of La Palma end of 2019 and fell in love with it. Cracking little place and the hotel we were at was fantastic. Not much in the way of accessible beaches as the whole place is basically a volcano but the hotel had like 7 huge pools and even a faux beach so that wasn't an issue.

We were literally going through the web sites planning to return but of course, the whole place has blown up!

Me and the Mrs think it's our fault. We went to Cuba and then a while after a volcano went off nearby and caused problems... We went to Cape Verde and within a year a volcano erupted on the islands. We went to La Palma and oops we did it again! :lol:

Couldn’t go via Tilbury could you ?
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

No fucking way am I flying yet if I have to mask up, even if it's my gimp mask. And a 4 hour queue on return because most of the the Border Force staff are busy serving tea and biscuits for illegal cunts crossing on dinghies doesn't exactly appeal either.

So I'll stick to Blighty for now.

AND we don't have volcanoes in Somerset.

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

palerider wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:57 pm No fucking way am I flying yet if I have to mask up, even if it's my gimp mask. And a 4 hour queue on return because most of the the Border Force staff are busy serving tea and biscuits for illegal cunts crossing on dinghies doesn't exactly appeal either.

I'm readying the Lancaster as we speak my compadre.
First of all I just have to drop off some illegals over the Alps, then we'll find a nice spot for Tiffin.
Bring the banjo Mon Ami

Chocks away!
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

palerider

Post by palerider »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:44 pm
palerider wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:57 pm No fucking way am I flying yet if I have to mask up, even if it's my gimp mask. And a 4 hour queue on return because most of the the Border Force staff are busy serving tea and biscuits for illegal cunts crossing on dinghies doesn't exactly appeal either.

I'm readying the Lancaster as we speak my compadre.
First of all I just have to drop off some illegals over the Alps, then we'll find a nice spot for Tiffin.
Bring the banjo Mon Ami

Chocks away!
:lol: :lol:

Cabbage crates over the briny Wingco !

I'm afraid Abdul bought a packet but I'll be there at Biggin for take off.

Told that blighter Macron and France have surrendered.

We'll be hoisting the Union Jack on the Arc de Triomphe in victory as hundreds of pretty French girls discard their culottes pleading for mercy in readiness for 'le back-scuttle'

J'ai sali le tapis.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Actually you do. There's an extinct one in Stoke St Michael that me and the missus fancy a visit to...

:lol:
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

Try popping down to shite fart stain Bill.
You never know with a bit of luck, the world's biggest sinkhole could appear.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:34 pm

Try popping down to shite fart stain Bill.
You never know with a bit of luck, the world's biggest sinkhole could appear.
If Carlsberg made holidays…..
COYI!!!

palerider

Post by palerider »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 12:25 pm

Actually you do. There's an extinct one in Stoke St Michael that me and the missus fancy a visit to...

:lol:
My kids went to school in Stoke St Michael Bill, I never knew that.

I could have sued them.