Leon Spinks

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Leon Spinks

Post by eastcoastclaret »

I’ve just read that Leon Spinks has just passed away at the age of 68.
I will always remember his shock title fight win against Ali as it was the first Heavyweight title fight I watched with my late father. Dad was staggered that he beat Ali on points at the time.
It seems to me that as I get older notable points in my personal historical memories start to get the curtains closed on them, today I’m feeling just a little bit older.
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Newmarket

Re: Leon Spinks

Post by Newmarket »

eastcoastclaret wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:45 pm I’ve just read that Leon Spinks has just passed away at the age of 68.
I will always remember his shock title fight win against Ali as it was the first Heavyweight title fight I watched with my late father. Dad was staggered that he beat Ali on points at the time.
It seems to me that as I get older notable points in my personal historical memories start to get the curtains closed on them, today I’m feeling just a little bit older.
I remember Spinks winning gold (in Mexico ?) in the Olympics .
Good fighter but let’s not forget Clay was on his way down by the time Spinks beat him .
Bring back Jonathon !

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

eastcoastclaret wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:45 pm I’ve just read that Leon Spinks has just passed away at the age of 68.
Yeah same as mate,my old man loved the boxing,used to watch with him,great times,my old mans gone as well.

Boxing and footie don't seem quite the same anymore...used to get great stories and tales from people,now it's pretty
......Bland I spose...

Ali got him back a few months later...last fight he won..

Get what you say...but it's nice to have the memories.... :D

Brookbonds73

Post by Brookbonds73 »

When you're a kid, you think these people are going to be around for ever. Then they retire, fade away and turn up brown bread. It's very sad.
Love a cup of Rosey I do.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Brookbonds73 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:00 pm When you're a kid, you think these people are going to be around for ever. Then they retire, fade away and turn up brown bread. It's very sad.
Just Life mate,as you get older the more people you grew with..Friends,Family...sporting heroes.are more likely to leave us...

Sad..no question,but cherishing the memories is the main thing.