The President(s)

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Re: The President(s)

Post by mkhammer »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:12 pm Our Prime Minister and the other main Ministers should have to "Swear on oath" like they do with the American Presidency.

Might stop the bastards keep lying all the time.
All MPs swear an oath of allegiance to Queen and Country Mate...can hold a copy of your bible of choice if you chose
and "Swear to god"or just raise your hand...and declare to the state.

Think it's wrong as a non believer if you are, that you have to ..swear to god...that's a lie in itself,one that you are made to make.

You don't have to swear on the bible in Court if you don't want.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:49 am
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:12 pm Our Prime Minister and the other main Ministers should have to "Swear on oath" like they do with the American Presidency.

All MPs swear an oath of allegiance to Queen and Country Mate...can hold a copy of your bible of choice if you chose

Think it's wrong as a non believer if you are, that you have to ..swear to god...that's a lie in itself,one that you are made to make.

I actually didn't know that tbh.

In USA,they make a big thing of it. it seems rather quietly done here or just maybe,I haven't seen any of our PMs sworn in. ;)

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:55 am
mkhammer wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 10:49 am

I actually didn't know that tbh.

In USA,they make a big thing of it. it seems rather quietly done here or just maybe,I haven't seen any of our PMs sworn in. ;)
Yeah ..think it's the States put more Credence in religion than us...Boris could say he's an atheist still get Elected....Maybe
Wanna be President says that,they'd have no chance..

JayK

Post by JayK »

And yet they’re all still a bunch of lying cunts :lol:
COYI!!!

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

"Yeah ..think it's the States put more Credence in religion than us...Boris could say he's an atheist still get Elected."

way things are going here, youll need to be a muslim to get elected to any position...

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Why ? It don’t stop the yanks .
Bring back Jonathon !

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

Just thought i'd point out that the US of A has had two presidents since the bindippers last scored !....