Dominic Cummings

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
terrya1965

Re: Dominic Cummings

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:15 pm
palerider wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:34 am

I used to be a supporter of him.

Not now.

Couldn't run a whelk stall.
Difficult to imagine Maggie tolerating the The rules don't apply to me attitude. But, then again, she was a leader. Not a vacuous windbag.
I never liked her,but one thing I would say,she was a leader and took no nonsense from anyone.Whether it was in her Party or from any other leaders abroad.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

terrya1965 wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:02 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:15 pm

Difficult to imagine Maggie tolerating the The rules don't apply to me attitude. But, then again, she was a leader. Not a vacuous windbag.
I never liked her,but one thing I would say,she was a leader and took no nonsense from anyone.Whether it was in her Party or from any other leaders abroad.
Exactly right. I actually liked her politics, but I appreciate some didn't. However even those who disagreed with her views I think respected her. Her party elected her to lead them, and lead them sge did. I think the oaf would struggle to lead a thirsty dog to his bowl tbh.

Unless the scientists told him where they wanted him to think it was of course.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Didn't want Boris as PM..Especially in these Circumstances,but got it wrong..think he's doing Ok,has surprised me,
as are the Cabinet come to that....Honestly can't see where we've fucked up...just doing whats gotta be done.
He's a politician,not a Scientist so he listens and is guided,neither is he a tech bod that designs apps,let others
do that...but our Press/Media love a scapegoat and the blame game..

Bit like hiring someone thats been recommended to you,to build you a wall.....it falls down...is it your fault.

All this shit he's had to go thru...the Perfect Storm Politically...and he would still win an election if it was next Thursday..
says a lot to me..

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:16 am .and he would still win an election if it was next Thursday..
says a lot to me..
No. No he wouldn't.

If there was an election next week the very best Johnson could hope for is a hung parliament. Indeed, several big and respected polling organisations including YouGov , MORI and Opinium have Labour ahead and many others show a considerable degradation of the Tory vote share - enough of a drop to ensure no majority in a GE. I'll concede a bounce for Labour because - let's face it a tin of beans is more popular than Corbyn ever was but Starmer is certainly starting to look like a genuine and capable opposition leader and the polls are starting to reflect this.

Also and I can't stress this enough, Boris would lose a GE simply because of Boris. He's proved to be incompetent, untruthful and weak, which in all honesty should be a surprise to absolutely no one. It's not as if he's suddenly changed his whole persona the moment he blustered and waffled his way to the PMs office now is it?
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Smarmer might get his chance in 2024

Dolfo

Post by Dolfo »

Stick a dark wig on Cummings and voila, Cherie Blair!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:17 pm
mkhammer wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:16 am .and he would still win an election if it was next Thursday..
says a lot to me..
No. No he wouldn't.

If there was an election next week the very best Johnson could hope for is a hung parliament. Indeed, several big and respected polling organisations including YouGov , MORI and Opinium have Labour ahead and many others show a considerable degradation of the Tory vote share - enough of a drop to ensure no majority in a GE. I'll concede a bounce for Labour because - let's face it a tin of beans is more popular than Corbyn ever was but Starmer is certainly starting to look like a genuine and capable opposition leader and the polls are starting to reflect this.

Also and I can't stress this enough, Boris would lose a GE simply because of Boris. He's proved to be incompetent, untruthful and weak, which in all honesty should be a surprise to absolutely no one. It's not as if he's suddenly changed his whole persona the moment he blustered and waffled his way to the PMs office now is it?
Bill..He became a Tory Mayor in London..which is knocking round 65/70% Labour....
Pissed an Election winning seats that a Hard Arse Tory like me thought they had not a snowball in hells chance...it wasn't
all the Corbyn effect....the Public Like the guy...Don't listen to Piers Morgan..... :lol:
Most Governments in power at moment will loose their next election...seen it already...no Covid No Biden...
You forget..he's just given a huge percentage of our work force a summer off on 80% pay..now Xmas off as well..
Spoken to quite a few people over last few months..all over England...most not all ,pretty much are on board with
the handling of things at moment,including Brexit.
Boris Might for whatever reason may lose in 4 years time...but at the moment No....Hypothetical anyway....
Labour will wait till this shit of a thing is under control...Brexits pretty much done and dusted...the Economy is on
the up...3/4 years suits them,they wont be pushing to much when things are a bit tricky...

Sir Keir gets stuff anyway...be truly gutted if we loose but not a panic situation.....4 years time Starmer would have cleared
all the trouble makers in his party...the vote losers out anyway..

Dont pay attention to polls anymore Bill....they're so far out with stuff...had us Nailed on for a Hung Parlament
last year..couldn't have been more wrong.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:17 pm
says a lot to me..
No. No he wouldn't.

Agree with most of that. My belief though is that the Tories will ditch Johnson, hopefully in favour of Sunak, when they realise, as you think, Johnson is a liability. FFS the party did it to Thatcher who was held in much higher esteem than Johnson so I'm fairly sure they won't think twice about ditching this idiot when the shit really hits the fan.

January is just around the corner, Brexit will start to have a big impact on business, and therefore employment, if no trade deal is thrashed out. FFS it's going to be bad enough for business with all the new regulations anyway without the worry of a new set of trading rules and tariffs. And it won't be long before the traditional labour voters who dumped the party because they felt more comfortable with the Tory Brexit, or more accurately, anti immigration stance, realise that, although we might see fewer Polish plumbers or Hungarian housebuilders, we we still be getting our share of unskilled itinerant African asylum seekers arriving on these shores. And they will either go back to labour or, more likely, someone like the BNP or similar.

The Tories could still win the next election imo if they ditch Johnson or if Labour's manic left wing does what it usually does and starts upsetting the applecart and the party self destructs into in fighting and someone like Diane Abbott challenges Starmer for the leadership. I wouldn't put it past them tbh.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

The human race is a collective force of looking after number one and it's family. Those that care ONLY about others are the ones that get beatified.

Sure, we may give to charity if we can afford it. But not at the expense of looking after yourself and your own first.

And the point of this is that a Cummings-less Tory party would not win an election outright if it was held tomorrow. Billy is correct, I suspect it would be a hung parliament in similar numbers to the one under May. Most voters care little that BJ has become a bumbling buffoon ruled by his penis these days or that Starmer is a better leader than Catweazle by nature of the fact that it was impossible to be worse.

Voters care only about what effects them personally. And losing your job because of coronavirus cuts will be top of the list. And not being allowed to meet friends or care for your elderly parents. A new wind farm promoted by Johnson's nonsensical bint will not make them say 'Well that makes up for it'.

There are a number of posters on here who've been touched personally by covid. I've read the posts and my heart goes out. Were it myself I would undoubtedly think the same. But for the majority, and the vast majority of the country as well, an end to the draconian restrictions on December 2nd followed by a sense of normality slowly returning can be the only thing that will save the government in the medium term. There can be a few tweeks elsewhere like a cut in foreign aid, an end to illegal immigration and proper law enforcement, not the cringing apology to the pc brigade we currently see that will gain further support, but ostensibly it's an end to the life we now endure that's similar to a one-stretch at Ford Open prison.

Cummings had run his course. Carrie Symonds has to run hers, and fucking soon too, hopefully dragging the blond oaf down with her. And as Whisky says, the Tories in the 1922 committee are a ruthless bunch. Rishi Sunak is waiting in the wings and although the fat bloke sings at the moment it can't be for much longer.

Thankfully the election won't be tomorrow. It will be 4 years away. By which time, as long as the correct decisions are made now, and they are not drawn up by Symonds, Hancock, Whitty and the other miserable cunt, then the country can drag itself out of the ICU.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

palerider wrote: Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:06 am The human race is a collective force of looking after number one and it's family. Those that care ONLY about others are the ones that get beatified.

Sure, we may give to charity if we can afford it. But not at the expense of looking after yourself and your own first.

And the point of this is that a Cummings-less Tory party would not win an election outright if it was held tomorrow. Billy is correct, I suspect it would be a hung parliament in similar numbers to the one under May. Most voters care little that BJ has become a bumbling buffoon ruled by his penis these days or that Starmer is a better leader than Catweazle by nature of the fact that it was impossible to be worse.

Voters care only about what effects them personally. And losing your job because of coronavirus cuts will be top of the list. And not being allowed to meet friends or care for your elderly parents. A new wind farm promoted by Johnson's nonsensical bint will not make them say 'Well that makes up for it'.

There are a number of posters on here who've been touched personally by covid. I've read the posts and my heart goes out. Were it myself I would undoubtedly think the same. But for the majority, and the vast majority of the country as well, an end to the draconian restrictions on December 2nd followed by a sense of normality slowly returning can be the only thing that will save the government in the medium term. There can be a few tweeks elsewhere like a cut in foreign aid, an end to illegal immigration and proper law enforcement, not the cringing apology to the pc brigade we currently see that will gain further support, but ostensibly it's an end to the life we now endure that's similar to a one-stretch at Ford Open prison.

Cummings had run his course. Carrie Symonds has to run hers, and fucking soon too, hopefully dragging the blond oaf down with her. And as Whisky says, the Tories in the 1922 committee are a ruthless bunch. Rishi Sunak is waiting in the wings and although the fat bloke sings at the moment it can't be for much longer.

Thankfully the election won't be tomorrow. It will be 4 years away. By which time, as long as the correct decisions are made now, and they are not drawn up by Symonds, Hancock, Whitty and the other miserable cunt, then the country can drag itself out of the ICU.
Your referring of course to the walking sigh...