Lockdown II - Return of the killer Lockdown

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
ToneLoc

Lockdown II - Return of the killer Lockdown

Post by ToneLoc »

Well boys. Here we go again.
Another month of lockdown.
What have you got planned to keep yourself occupied?
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

BlackDiamond

Re: Lockdown II - Return of the killer Lockdown

Post by BlackDiamond »

ToneLoc wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:33 pm Well boys. Here we go again.
The difference this time is the schools and universities, colleges are staying open and the Football is continuing.

Be interesting to see what the benefits of moving Tier 2 regions into lockdown are. I would imagine compliance this time round will be even less.
Track 'n trace is not assisting much and I have still yet to receive confirmation of a covid test, 11 days waiting.

I read where 80% of people asked to isolate don't comply and you can still observe people everyday ,walking around without masks indoors.
Waitrose said they would be policing customers but nobody at the store I visit ever challenges anyone breaking protocol. Exactly the same everywhere else.

Hopefully the 30 min test being piloted will be one way of getting out of this self inflicted hole. Let's face it, relying on the public to do the right thing never works, because a large enough proportion of them will always go there own way. And you can't change it, because people have been told for the last 20 years how important and precious and unique they all are.

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 9:53 pm
ToneLoc wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 8:33 pm Well boys. Here we go again.
The difference this time is the schools and universities, colleges are staying open and the Football is continuing.

Be interesting to see what the benefits of moving Tier 2 regions into lockdown are. I would imagine compliance this time round will be even less.
Track 'n trace is not assisting much and I have still yet to receive confirmation of a covid test, 11 days waiting.

I read where 80% of people asked to isolate don't comply and you can still observe people everyday ,walking around without masks indoors.
Waitrose said they would be policing customers but nobody at the store I visit ever challenges anyone breaking protocol. Exactly the same everywhere else.

Hopefully the 30 min test being piloted will be one way of getting out of this self inflicted hole. Let's face it, relying on the public to do the right thing never works, because a large enough proportion of them will always go there own way. And you can't change it, because people have been told for the last 20 years how important and precious and unique they all are.
The problem with the masks in supermarkets is that they can’t actually police it. Only the police can. I had a chat with them about it in Tesco when the rule about masks 1st came out. It’s difficult.
I’m going from Tier 1 to lockdown but felt like we were tier 2 anyway coz all our friends and family were tier 2
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Very unfair to expect supermarket, and other shop staff, to expect them to enforce the law.

The law is made by parliament. The government has an organisation, the police, to enforce the law. It isn't the role of shop staff, probably on minimum wage, to enforce the law. Quite apart from anything else they have no authority, in law, to do so.

Back to you Boris.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

The way I see it wearing masks and not getting close to anybody else is the new normal .

If you work in (non-essential) retail then you & your family are fucked and Xmas is cancelled.

And everybody else carries on as (the new) normal as it’s a lockdown in name only due to the carriers being allowed to mingle every day and continue to party on dude.
Bring back Jonathon !

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:01 am The way I see it wearing masks and not getting close to anybody else is the new normal .

If you work in (non-essential) retail then you & your family are fucked and Xmas is cancelled.

And everybody else carries on as (the new) normal as it’s a lockdown in name only due to the carriers being allowed to mingle every day and continue to party on dude.
When the banks re open will masks be allowed inside ? Or will they come into the same category as motorcycle helmets which have to be removed before entering ? ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:07 am
Newmarket wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:01 am The way I see it wearing masks and not getting close to anybody else is the new normal .

When the banks re open will masks be allowed inside ? Or will they come into the same category as motorcycle helmets which have to be removed before entering ? ;)
Masks in Banks mandatory. It is a funny sight

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Took me me an Hour and a Half yesterday,queuing up outside River Island to get some pants...that I desperately needed...
....A Month with no new pants...how the fuck are we supposed to cope....

Least the Girlfriend only took an Hour for her new Skirt......

Seriously what the fuck is with people.... :lol:

ToneLoc

Post by ToneLoc »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:12 am
Whiskyman wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:07 am

Maybe go full “Sweeney” style and turn up wearing those brown women’s tights over our heads?
Fancy calling your only son "Barnestoneworth"
He's got another name....
Yeah....."United"

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

ToneLoc wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:56 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 11:12 am
Maybe go full “Sweeney” style and turn up wearing those brown women’s tights over our heads?
Don't do it Guv...he's not worf it - George Carter gives Reagan some on the job training