Old Bloke or the Other Old Bloke...

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
palerider

Re: Old Bloke or the Other Old Bloke...

Post by palerider »

I'm never going to the States again anyway so I'm not bothered either way.

deanox

Post by deanox »

I love it here in the states, if you just turn the TV off you would never know that "according to the media" this is a fucked up country.

I gave out over 4000 pieces of candy on Halloween to kids from every back ground and race, I do not see problems on the streets.

I only know of one person who got Covid and he said that it wasn't as bad as a bout of Flu he had a couple of years ago. Biden wants to shut everything down which makes no sense economically and I doubt that it will stop the infection rate as this is a global problem not a local one.

The "issues we have in the states" are being blown out of proportion in mainly Democratic run cities.

If Biden wins I as a Republican, will not try to get him Impeached/Slander his name/cry and moan, I will wish him luck and hope he doesn't raise my taxes too much!!
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

deanox wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:39 pm I love it here in the states, if you just turn the TV off you would never know that "according to the media" this is a fucked up country.

I gave out over 4000 pieces of candy on Halloween to kids from every back ground and race, I do not see problems on the streets.

I only know of one person who got Covid and he said that it wasn't as bad as a bout of Flu he had a couple of years ago. Biden wants to shut everything down which makes no sense economically and I doubt that it will stop the infection rate as this is a global problem not a local one.

The "issues we have in the states" are being blown out of proportion in mainly Democratic run cities.

If Biden wins I as a Republican, will not try to get him Impeached/Slander his name/cry and moan, I will wish him luck and hope he doesn't raise my taxes too much!!
Sounds like the media in the US of A is peddling the Project Fear message just as effectively as their mates here in the UK. I actually thought Trump missed a trick by not coming out, guns blazing, after he caught the killer plague but recovered from it in a few short hours. He was back at work in, what, 3 days but, at least from what we heard here in the UK, his message was pretty low key.

Don't know what it's like in the States mate but here in the UK yours truly goes out for a walk every day for exercise purposes. Only around 45 minutes and I come across a few people. A lot, like me, are also just trying to stay a bit active and as you walk by them a cheery good morning, or good afternoon is normally the order of the day. But we also have the wimps who see you approaching and give you the kind os space you would afford an ocean going oil tanker. It truly is fucking pathetic.

Sounds like the situation over there is not too unlike the situation in Europe tbh. Out of curiosity wher in the States are you. ?
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

It seems Biden has won via the postal votes but Trump is contesting it in the Supreme Court which is now loaded in his favour.

It will get embarrassing imo.

Noni

Post by Noni »

palerider wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 6:01 am It seems Biden has won via the postal votes but Trump is contesting it in the Supreme Court which is now loaded in his favour.

It will get embarrassing imo.
Biden is confident he will take Arizona and Pennsylvania, his home state. So glad he took Wisconsin and Michigan. I really don't see a path to success for Trump. If Biden gets Nevada and Arizona, he will have the 270 electoral votes he needs to win the election. There will definitely be lawsuits thrown at this by Trump, but I have faith that legislators will do the right thing and reject them. My biggest worry is what Trump will do after he loses until January 20th. I feel like he's going to try and hurt as many decent people as he can, which seems to be his favorite thing to do. I'm also hoping that once he becomes a private citizen, that he will be thrown in prison for crimes against humanity. He has mentioned recently that if he loses the election, we will never see him again. The best thing he could do for America is leave it.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

This results thing...it's like being 3-0 up in a footie match with 8 minutes left....game over.........Surely............... :lol:

Something I noticed California to the Democrats is like London to our Labour party....without them they'd never win any
elections...

Biden worries me...bit like Blair...goes under the guise of a power to the people,sit on the left sorta thing,but is very much
a Conservative at heart,don't like that in politics....strikes me as being a bit crafty,Blair Again...kept the left on board,by
keeping Prescott in tow....he(Biden) has a female Black Leftie in Tow...

Always a bit worrying when the States changes Leader...Cos of Brexit,we are relying on the States for decent trade deals,
others as well,but the States is really important..hopefully can't see it having to much of an effect on that.

Hope there's not to much shit breaks out over there....the Leftie Bods loot and pillage......be nothing to what some of
the Extreme Righties in some states will be prepared to do....but hopefully will all die down.

deanox

Post by deanox »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:12 am
deanox wrote: Wed Nov 04, 2020 3:39 pm I love it here in the states, if you just turn the TV off you would never know that "according to the media" this is a fucked up country.

Sounds like the media in the US of A is peddling the Project Fear message just as effectively as their mates here in the UK. I actually thought Trump missed a trick by not coming out, guns blazing, after he caught the killer plague but recovered from it in a few short hours. He was back at work in, what, 3 days but, at least from what we heard here in the UK, his message was pretty low key.

Don't know what it's like in the States mate but here in the UK yours truly goes out for a walk every day for exercise purposes. Only around 45 minutes and I come across a few people. A lot, like me, are also just trying to stay a bit active and as you walk by them a cheery good morning, or good afternoon is normally the order of the day. But we also have the wimps who see you approaching and give you the kind os space you would afford an ocean going oil tanker. It truly is fucking pathetic.

Sounds like the situation over there is not too unlike the situation in Europe tbh. Out of curiosity wher in the States are you. ?
Hi Whisky,
I now live in Waxahachie Texas about 20 miles south of Dallas.
I'm no conspiracy theorist, but the message from Biden regarding closing the country down just doesn't make sense.
I'm on a job up in Illinois at the moment south of Chicago, where the local counties have been told to shut up shop regarding restaurants and bars.
I went to the local last night as they have vowed to stay open because if they are forced to close they feel like they will lose their business.
The local AG has said he will not enforce the rules.

i get it that all you see in the media is trouble and strife but in reality as I have said previously I have never seen it and it typically goes on in Democrat run cities.
I have seen in other posts people trying to blame right wing extremists!!! all the damage is being done by BLM (mainly looting) and the idiots up on the NW coast of the USA who want to defund the police (great idea that one :roll: )

As said previously every one has the right to their own opinions but also try to do some research before casting shit on republicans and not just listen to the main stream media.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

aklhammer

Post by aklhammer »

So Old Joe is apparently more popular than Obama, is he? The kid sniffing old todger suffering from dementia has had the biggest voter turn out in history? What an utter load of completely unbelievable bollocks. Thousands of ballots appearing mysteriously at 4am, all for Biden when Trump was dominating. If you flip a coin 138,000 times does it always turn up heads? Philly and Detroit massive corruption, loads of fraud caught on camera, despite what the MSM claim. I suspect tomorrow AZ will flip Red and PA or GA will flip blue, Biden will claim victory, Trump will go to the Supreme Court. This was so obvious after what happened with the mid terms. What a shit show. People thought the US was divided the last 4 years, I cant imagine what it will be like if they steal the election from 70 million patriots. Would be fun to see Alex Jones marshal a minutemen army though....

R.I.P the republic of America
Matamata

palerider

Post by palerider »

aklhammer wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:32 am So Old Joe is apparently more popular than Obama, is he? The kid sniffing old todger suffering from dementia has had the biggest voter turn out in history? What an utter load of completely unbelievable bollocks. Thousands of ballots appearing mysteriously at 4am, all for Biden when Trump was dominating. If you flip a coin 138,000 times does it always turn up heads? Philly and Detroit massive corruption, loads of fraud caught on camera, despite what the MSM claim. I suspect tomorrow AZ will flip Red and PA or GA will flip blue, Biden will claim victory, Trump will go to the Supreme Court. This was so obvious after what happened with the mid terms. What a shit show. People thought the US was divided the last 4 years, I cant imagine what it will be like if they steal the election from 70 million patriots. Would be fun to see Alex Jones marshal a minutemen army though....

R.I.P the republic of America
As I'm not American it doesn't directly affect me. Global trends maybe but with what's going on in the world atm, that's much less of an issue.

What Trump's doing is embarrassing. I imagine there have been a few nefarious deeds going on in a handful of counties but not enough to lose him the election. If they were going to allow postal votes then they can't be ignored although it does seem a total mess that there are different rules for different states.

The old blue dribbler is only warming the seat for Harris however. A power grab in a year would be my guess. And like David Gold his response will be 'Have I had my dinner yet ?'.

Then the shit show you mention will really kick-off.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

TBH I would question and want to know why .....Polling station votes are coming in at 51/48 in Bidens favour,similar to
Trumps win in 16...but Postal Votes seem to be 70/30 in Bidens favour...
80/20 in Pennsylvania

You would assume most Postal votes would be rural,and that should go in the Trumpers favour if anything...

Sure there's an Explanation...but need to hear what that is for clarification...