The Cricket.

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

The Cricket.

Post by Neville Bartos »

Why is Stokes batting 4 in a test side?
ODI or Twenty20, fine, but test cricket?
Unless you can bat like Jacques Kallis, and Stokes averages closer to 35 than 55, an all-rounder should be at 6 or 7 in the test team.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

mkhammer

Re: The Cricket.

Post by mkhammer »

Neville Bartos wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:19 pm Why is Stokes batting 4 in a test side?
Unless you can bat like Jacques Kallis, and Stokes averages closer to 35 than 55, an all-rounder should be at 6 or 7 in the test team.
Yeah spose Pope should come in before,maybe even Buttler.....Woakes is that 6/7 man now i think...good player,done brilliant
this test...
Maybe Root wants to make sure he has knock with him.... :lol:

Strong looking side now I reckon...but they like making it hard for themselves..but be nice to get off to a really good start
occasionally .

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Great win for England.

Seem to have a great mentality at the moment.We have turned around two Tests this summer, from defeat to victory.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

mkhammer wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 8:22 pm
Neville Bartos wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 3:19 pm Why is Stokes batting 4 in a test side?
Yeah spose Pope should come in before,maybe even Buttler.....Woakes is that 6/7 man now i think...good player,done brilliant
this test...
Maybe Root wants to make sure he has knock with him.... :lol:

Strong looking side now I reckon...but they like making it hard for themselves..but be nice to get off to a really good start
occasionally .
I'd play Stokes at 6, keeper at 7 and Woakes at 8.
I don't get the love in for Buttler in tests. He's played 50 odd, averages 31 and has one ton. Not to mention his keeping is shite.
I think Bairstow and Foakes are better suited to tests.
Michael Vaughan was having a good old wank after his innings yesterday. Like I said I don't get it.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.