Fake News BBC

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
deanox

Fake News BBC

Post by deanox »

New York City police accused of 'kidnapping' protester...

The BBC is spreading bullshit as usual. please read the entire story and then tell me if you think she/he was kidnapped or just plain arrested for vandalism!

If you think I'm over reacting then maybe I should just stop reading the news as I belong in a different era.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53584104
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Re: Fake News BBC

Post by Oziron »

The BBC is only reporting what witnesses have alikened the 'arrest' to, hence the quotation marks. Hardly fake news. If you think plain clothed 'agents' grabbing someone off the streets and chucking them into an unmarked car for the heinous crime of graffiti is ok then so be it. To me it looks like the actions taken by a dodgy South American country not from that of the bastion of the free world that is the US. Of course if this was carried out in S America the person would more than likely just disappear rather than being released.

Anyway any excuse to knock the BBC... :roll: :roll: :roll:

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

deanox wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:31 pm New York City police accused of 'kidnapping' protester...

The BBC is spreading bullshit as usual. please read the entire story and then tell me if you think she/he was kidnapped or just plain arrested for vandalism!

If you think I'm over reacting then maybe I should just stop reading the news as I belong in a different era.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53584104
It's not a BBC interpretation of events,it's a report and a quote from witnesses. What happened,what was seen to have happened,who said what and what it might mean and what the reactions were to it. It might be he said,she said stuff but that's the kind of news that fills a 24/7 calendar these days.

I'm not seeing an agenda or bias here.

deanox

Post by deanox »

Oziron wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:47 pm The BBC is only reporting what witnesses have alikened the 'arrest' to, hence the quotation marks. Hardly fake news. If you think plain clothed 'agents' grabbing someone off the streets and chucking them into an unmarked car for the heinous crime of graffiti is ok then so be it. To me it looks like the actions taken by a dodgy South American country not from that of the bastion of the free world that is the US. Of course if this was carried out in S America the person would more than likely just disappear rather than being released.

Oz everyone is entitled to their opinion even the Bbc who only talk shitabout trump, (defy you to find anything positive they say about him)but to compare US police to South American snatch squads is a stretch too far for me. These fuckers are anarchists who are rioting to defund the police and change the face of American politics.
As with my interpretation of the BBC don’t believe the bollocks the liberal left wing news channels.
I live here and see what is going on daily Basis and this is still a safe and free country.
"If my auntie had bollox she'd be my uncle"

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Huge proportion of arrests States and Here are carried out by under cover/plain clothed officers.....quite often by
smashing someones door down....while being fully armed...
I don't see the problem here....

Police officers in Uniform...are accused of incitement...Riot Patrolled types...def are...now plain clothed as well....
Might as well fuck the police of then...let these people have their way and stop funding them....

(by the way they think they have shit now....no Funded Police....they can face Private Security Companies....... then they will
be moaning...... :lol: )

News to me no ID...designated under cover yes...otherwise...you have to show ID and read the "Rights"........
Uniformed or not...

But if that women is innocent.....as her Lawyer I'd be wanting a nice little pay out which she WOULD get.....if she
guilty she's guilty.....Win/Win.............

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

deanox wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:18 am
Oziron wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:47 pm The BBC is only reporting what witnesses have alikened the 'arrest' to, hence the quotation marks. Hardly fake news. If you think plain clothed 'agents' grabbing someone off the streets and chucking them into an unmarked car for the heinous crime of graffiti is ok then so be it. To me it looks like the actions taken by a dodgy South American country not from that of the bastion of the free world that is the US. Of course if this was carried out in S America the person would more than likely just disappear rather than being released.

Oz everyone is entitled to their opinion even the Bbc who only talk shitabout trump, (defy you to find anything positive they say about him)but to compare US police to South American snatch squads is a stretch too far for me. These fuckers are anarchists who are rioting to defund the police and change the face of American politics.
As with my interpretation of the BBC don’t believe the bollocks the liberal left wing news channels.
I live here and see what is going on daily Basis and this is still a safe and free country.
It is a safe and free country and American capitalism is the best proven way to organise society and keep it functioning mostly to the benefit of all people. It's not perfect and where their are imperfections,they are either noted or understood. It's not always possible to do much about them because societies are made up of people and people are seldom perfect.

So we might say,how do we know it's the best way to organise society. And the answer is, no where else has achieved
the level of prosperity for the majority of the people. None. The same applies in the UK,Europe.

And what about Police brutality and racism. Yup,there is a bit of that. So out of 3 million police and public interactions last year,15 made there way onto YouTube. What does that say,well some people behave badly. Can you eliminate it going forward.Probably not. But they should try.

Why do some people want to burn the stars and stripes - they see it as a symbol of something they don't like.It's not. What it is is an identity and when people salute their flag,it's not a piece of coloured cloth there saluting,it's the constitution.The set of fundamental laws and certain civil rights awarded and enshrined at the birth of a nation state.

Now I'm not massively pro US and I can recognise it's dangerous moves but if people are going to evaluate things with at least a notion of accuracy then there is a lot of utility in at least hanging the picture up the right way

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

But the BBC decide what is news and what isnt and what news fits their agenda and what they decide they want to feed to you to fit their agenda in order to push their agenda down your throat at every fucking opportunity !...
Fuck the BBC

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Have they mentioned shafting the over 75s for their free licences ?