Coal

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
mkhammer

Coal

Post by mkhammer »

We aint burnt any for 2 Months to boil our kettles...watch Netflix..mow the lawn...etc...

10 years ago 40% of our energy was coal based now...Zero..

We have biggest wind farm industry in the world...
Renewables will overtake Fossil fuels for power Permanently by end of the year

Last of our Coalmines will shut in a couple years......(Bet Thatch is laughing somewhere)...

Vote Tory ...if you want Results and Change Greta..... :lol:

Anyway fuck good news.....keep that tucked away....concentrate on the Negative Bad shit...

h69

Re: Coal

Post by h69 »

Of course no one cares because if there is one black miner made redundant because we are becoming greener, it will be seen as racism by the soap-dodging, work shy PC obsessed leftwaffe.

It is good news of course but be surprised if you read it on the BBC, they are too busy having Jamelia spouting nonsense and Sadiq Khan wanting to pull down Nelson's column.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

h69 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:37 pm Of course no one cares because if there is one black miner made redundant because we are becoming greener, it will be seen as racism by the soap-dodging, work shy PC obsessed leftwaffe.

It is good news of course but be surprised if you read it on the BBC, they are too busy having Jamelia spouting nonsense and Sadiq Khan wanting to pull down Nelson's column.
Leftwaffe . Great word . I must remember to use it in conversation.

Your copyright obviously 👍🏻
Bring back Jonathon !

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

h69 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:37 pm Of course no one cares because if there is one black miner made redundant because we are becoming greener, it will be seen as racism by the soap-dodging, work shy PC obsessed leftwaffe.

Ah good old Khan the chap that campaigned against the jailing of jihadis back in the day.
A right snidey cunt imo.

I Used to love a coal fire .

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:28 pm

Ah good old Khan the chap that campaigned against the jailing of jihadis back in the day.
A right snidey cunt imo.

Indeed . Top grade A Racist with a capital c Cunt !
Bring back Jonathon !

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Newmarket wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:38 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:28 pm

A right snidey cunt imo.

Indeed . Top grade A Racist with a capital c Cunt !
That’s Khan by the way not you Dwayne :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

In 1986 they built a high power electricity transfer between Britain and France.
It was meant to be a way of sharing power as an when needed. Since 1986 its been 97.5% in one direction. Any guesses which direction? Nil points for the wrong answer.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:04 pm We aint burnt any for 2 Months to boil our kettles...watch Netflix..mow the lawn...etc...

Last of our Coalmines will shut in a couple years......(Bet Thatch is laughing somewhere)...

Anyway fuck good news.....keep that tucked away....concentrate on the Negative Bad shit...
As usual your Tory sword only has a single edge MK.

Since the demise of coal burning we've gone on to burn a nth degree more times in natural gas. Whilst I'll readily admit gas is far cleaner than coal, the benefits of using it are being compromised by the large amounts of methane being released in to the atmosphere during the refining and piping processes. Methane is a dangerous greenhouse gas, and traps many more times more heat than CO2.

The Government may well crow about coming away from coal but let's face it, they killed off the coal powered power stations due to cost - Gas is cheap, coal is not - Environmental reasons were not high on their agenda, financial ones were.

And that line "renewables will overtake fossil fuels for power permanently by the end of the year" Mate, sorry, that's not even close to being true.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 4_2019.pdf

I'll concede that gas is better than coal but at the end of the day it still has a large environmental impact and is not a carbon neutral magic bullet. The fact we're still building CO2 and methane emitting gas fuelled power stations rather than only renewable energy ones kinda stomps all over the "Green Tory" theory. Did I mention that gas is cheap btw? ;)
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

BillyDWhizz wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:17 pm
mkhammer wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:04 pm We aint burnt any for 2 Months to boil our kettles...watch Netflix..mow the lawn...etc...

As usual your Tory sword only has a single edge MK.

Since the demise of coal burning we've gone on to burn a nth degree more times in natural gas. Whilst I'll readily admit gas is far cleaner than coal, the benefits of using it are being compromised by the large amounts of methane being released in to the atmosphere during the refining and piping processes. Methane is a dangerous greenhouse gas, and traps many more times more heat than CO2.

The Government may well crow about coming away from coal but let's face it, they killed off the coal powered power stations due to cost - Gas is cheap, coal is not - Environmental reasons were not high on their agenda, financial ones were.

And that line "renewables will overtake fossil fuels for power permanently by the end of the year" Mate, sorry, that's not even close to being true.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 4_2019.pdf

I'll concede that gas is better than coal but at the end of the day it still has a large environmental impact and is not a carbon neutral magic bullet. The fact we're still building CO2 and methane emitting gas fuelled power stations rather than only renewable energy ones kinda stomps all over the "Green Tory" theory. Did I mention that gas is cheap btw? ;)
Yeah we still use gas Bill...a lot comes from Norway....but pretty certain we're using less and less
of it...as that drops the renewables will over take in usage....it's best these things happen slowly..
the "Green Protesters" of which I'm not one...want it to happen overnight...but...we all of a sudden tell
Norway to shove their gas...that'll hit their economy...things just aren't as simple as people would
have you believe....we went all renewables tomorrow,worlds economy would crash,far worse than
what Covid will cause.

We're producing less of our own (Gas)..so imports have risen but the trend of usage is down...I read
somewhere 2/3% each year that will increase as renewables take over.

BP reckon renewables will meet 60% of worlds needs by 2040....we're at 50% now...think thats
pretty good going...

By the way I F.in hate land based wind farms with a passion....I drive up to Scotland a fair bit
....it's like driving into a giant wind farm now...it's horrible..

Oh and I'll take the hit for crowing...my post didn't come from any Tory bigging themselves up... :lol:

MFY66

Post by MFY66 »

There is an irony in a lot of Leftist circles that, despite claiming to be the sole champions of environmentalism, their economics is often very industrialised (and thus damaging for the environment).

The Left being the champions of the environment is one of the biggest fabricated myths of modern politics. The Leftist adventures of the 20th Century did more than their fair share of harm for the environment. And, in my opinion, *actual* conservatism is the only reasonable political philosophy that seeks to preserve the natural world. Everything else — from Marxism to Liberalism — reduces the world to materialism, and thus a field, a forest, the native wildlife, is just another object in the way eternal growth. To protect the world, we need to feel culturally, spiritually and personally connected to it — we can’t just view it as mere matter.