America burns

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: America burns

Post by Neville Bartos »

I've just watched videos of white people literally kneeling down in front of black people asking for forgiveness, and in one video kissing the boot...

I mean wtf is going on?
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

This post has been removed because it breeched community guidelines
Last edited by BlackDiamond on Tue Jun 16, 2020 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

All this fucking fuss over a counterfeit 20 dollar note.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:01 pm
Neville Bartos wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:23 pm I've just watched videos of white people literally kneeling down in front of black people asking for forgiveness, and in one video kissing the boot...

I mean wtf is going on?
These people don't do their research and seem incapable of understanding events and what they mean.

For all the apologists it might be worth retelling the sequence of events.

Some friends/associates of George purchased some goods from a mini mart using counterfeit bills. George returned himself to the same mini mart and tried to pass another counterfeit bill.

When the staff confronted George and asked for the cigarettes back they were refused and told to fuck off.

Staff called the Police and when later backup arrived an angry George was subdued and basically choked to death.

That's the pathetic story...and why people want to apologise for some other idiots fucking behaviour is unknown.

I'm not responsible for what some fucking cop does and I'm not going to apologise or feel any guilt on behalf of anybody else.That's on them.

Taking a knee,might make somebody feel good about them self,but that's all it does. So stop it...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:01 pm
Neville Bartos wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:23 pm I've just watched videos of white people literally kneeling down in front of black people asking for forgiveness, and in one video kissing the boot...

I mean wtf is going on?
For all the apologists it might be worth retelling the sequence of events.

Some friends/associates of George purchased some goods from a mini mart using counterfeit bills. George returned himself to the same mini mart and tried to pass another counterfeit bill.

When the staff confronted George and asked for the cigarettes back they were refused and told to fuck off.
But did they ask for them back nicely and say please ? ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Some stupid liberal bint in Oz now wants Queensland and Victoria renamed as they refer to Queen Victoria and her colonial legacy.

Not that I give a fuck really but Sheepshaggerland and Convictia would be good.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

palerider wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:55 am Sheepshaggerland
That's New South Wales, mate.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Neville Bartos wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:14 pm
mkhammer wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:23 am

It as the incident thought you were referring to Nev..

First of all...that broke my heart...poor guy..and totally agree bad policework...undisciplined and looks like a bully to boot..
doubt he would have hit and pushed a 6'2" bloke in a sleeveless T with England and Millwall tats all over him...

I'm not overly defending the old bill blindly....just taking each incident and the general attitude and job they have as I see it.

So this one...Ian appeared and I thought on seeing for the first time was Drunk...seemed to be staggering.. maybe wrong
word.. lolling maybe.....the old bill had been told to get to an area and clear or hold a crowd.....Ian was in the way....
The Arsehole of a cop...treats it as if he is in riot patrol...hitting the legs and pushing back....again he WAS out of order..
but Normality sometimes goes out the window...when your confronting 500 pissed up rioters that would love to kick
the shit out of you....or maybe set you alight.............

I honestly can't see were Ians internal injury that killed him came from....was hit on the legs....he was pushed,but seen worse,
I Honestly thought he had a problem to begin with...he didn't look right...before the blow to the legs.
Did have heart problems....maybe he collapsed and fell earlier....he def wasn't right.
Again not defending the copper...just as I saw it......this might have been taken into account when charges were dropped/
cleared....

As much as the copper is prob a bullying arsehole...might be a great copper that "Lost it"...we don't know...be hard to charge
him for much on the strength of that....think he was just sacked...can't remember TBH....

I do recall or remember reading somewhere Keir Starmer was head of the CPS at the time...decided not to prosecute...as he did with
the Brazilian Bomber thing.......he'd be all over anyone not prosecuting now......but that's politics for you....
The point I was making is that officers getting away Scott free with that kind of behaviour is normal.
It's not about that being normal police behaviour, because it probably isn't. It's that bad policing is rarely brought to account.
This is what affects perception, because it gains attention. If you can't trust one police person, you can't trust any of them.

Add this to what appears to be a focus on proactive policing rather than reactive policing, and the perception that police will go out of their way, depending on who reports an incident -- half a dozen officers showing up at a man's door because he complained to a traffic warden. As opposed to no police attending a burglary where a man had cctv footage of people stealing a quad bike -- and it's a sorry mess.

I'm entirely against preventative policing because A) there's no evidence it works, and B) it takes officers away from investigating actual crimes.
Police phoning people, or visiting them at their homes because they've tweeted something someone else has perceived as 'hateful' . How can this be a reasonable use of resources when we're told crime is increasing because the police are understaffed?

We know the police look unfavourably on those seen to be grassing on their own, and in my opinion that's where the problems begin. But it goes further, we have the CPS and the IPCC both favouring the constabularys side, irrespective of the evidence, when it comes to complaints and prosecutions.

Im with people when they say it all needs to be reformed. There's a distinct lack of impartiality throughout the entire system. A lack of focus on solving actual crime. And way too much focus on preventative policing.
Add to this that the police seem under trained in what the law says, and way too reliant on the belief that their interpretation and word is the law, and it's hard to see a way of fixing the existing system.

I saw some advice online that if you can, you should, record any interaction with the police for your own safety and protection. Because it really is a roll of the dice.
They don't get away scott free mate...always an enquiry
End of the day the guy (copper) faced potential manslaughter charges....was sacked....Personally I might have sacked him for the
hit across the legs ..that was unwarranted and an attack....but a shove is just a shove.....seen it hundreds of times...
in numerous circumstances as no doubt we all have...police to footie..pub bouncers/pub fights..January sales.... :lol:
fucks sake saw it some bloody clothes shops yesterday...cos people wanna buy a bloody T/Shirt/Top..
People have died thru heart attacks in a scramble to buy a pair of bloody trainers...anyone get charged with manslaughter,
yet a guy trying to quell a potential riot and keep public order does..

I think we tend to generalise a bit to much ..I try not to but it's hard...especially with our Press/Media putting a Negative
spin on everything and searching/looking for Negative Stories.....Copper catches thief.......Copper Pushes someone over....
which will get most publicity....

We Forget people are just people.....That Copper Pushed a poor bloke over....one Copper...and all his colleagues become
nasty bastards along with him......that's just not fair.

Society is full of Nice and Not So nice people...Rich...Poor...MPs...Police...think touched on that before so wont bang on..
But we need to acknowledge that...

Personally think it's the judicial system as a whole needs looking at...sentencing...again something we've touched on before
....it absolutely F.in sucks in a lot of cases....not the actual beat copper...
They nick people...then they just walk....

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:55 am Some stupid liberal bint in Oz now wants Queensland and Victoria renamed as they refer to Queen Victoria and her colonial legacy.

Not that I give a fuck really but Sheepshaggerland and Convictia would be good.
Queensland's got to go. Sounds very faggy. Never mind BAME, far too much pandering to the uphilll gardening brigade. Those LGBT fuckers. ;)
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:17 am
Neville Bartos wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 2:14 pm

The point I was making is that officers getting away Scott free with that kind of behaviour is normal.
It's not about that being normal police behaviour, because it probably isn't. It's that bad policing is rarely brought to account.
This is what affects perception, because it gains attention. If you can't trust one police person, you can't trust any of them.

Add this to what appears to be a focus on proactive policing rather than reactive policing, and the perception that police will go out of their way, depending on who reports an incident -- half a dozen officers showing up at a man's door because he complained to a traffic warden. As opposed to no police attending a burglary where a man had cctv footage of people stealing a quad bike -- and it's a sorry mess.

I'm entirely against preventative policing because A) there's no evidence it works, and B) it takes officers away from investigating actual crimes.
Police phoning people, or visiting them at their homes because they've tweeted something someone else has perceived as 'hateful' . How can this be a reasonable use of resources when we're told crime is increasing because the police are understaffed?

We know the police look unfavourably on those seen to be grassing on their own, and in my opinion that's where the problems begin. But it goes further, we have the CPS and the IPCC both favouring the constabularys side, irrespective of the evidence, when it comes to complaints and prosecutions.

Im with people when they say it all needs to be reformed. There's a distinct lack of impartiality throughout the entire system. A lack of focus on solving actual crime. And way too much focus on preventative policing.
Add to this that the police seem under trained in what the law says, and way too reliant on the belief that their interpretation and word is the law, and it's hard to see a way of fixing the existing system.

I saw some advice online that if you can, you should, record any interaction with the police for your own safety and protection. Because it really is a roll of the dice.
They don't get away scott free mate...always an enquiry
End of the day the guy (copper) faced potential manslaughter charges....was sacked....Personally I might have sacked him for the
hit across the legs ..that was unwarranted and an attack....but a shove is just a shove.....seen it hundreds of times...
in numerous circumstances as no doubt we all have...police to footie..pub bouncers/pub fights..January sales.... :lol:
fucks sake saw it some bloody clothes shops yesterday...cos people wanna buy a bloody T/Shirt/Top..
People have died thru heart attacks in a scramble to buy a pair of bloody trainers...anyone get charged with manslaughter,
yet a guy trying to quell a potential riot and keep public order does..

I think we tend to generalise a bit to much ..I try not to but it's hard...especially with our Press/Media putting a Negative
spin on everything and searching/looking for Negative Stories.....Copper catches thief.......Copper Pushes someone over....
which will get most publicity....

We Forget people are just people.....That Copper Pushed a poor bloke over....one Copper...and all his colleagues become
nasty bastards along with him......that's just not fair.

Society is full of Nice and Not So nice people...Rich...Poor...MPs...Police...think touched on that before so wont bang on..
But we need to acknowledge that...

Personally think it's the judicial system as a whole needs looking at...sentencing...again something we've touched on before
....it absolutely F.in sucks in a lot of cases....not the actual beat copper...
They nick people...then they just walk....
If you read about the PC involved there was a long line of questionable behaviour. He had previous for violence. And surprise, surprise look how he was looked after -- On Friday, 14 September 2001, before the case was heard by a discipline board, Harwood retired on medical grounds.Three days later, on Monday, 17 September, he rejoined the Met as a civilian computer worker -- and after being helped to swerve a discipline board he was back as a PC a couple of years later.
There's lying, violence, covering up his number on the day, and the only reason his name is known is because it was leaked. All of this is exactly what I'm talking about. This is a bad police officer, yet he was afforded unwarranted protection -- the investigating officer even lied saying Tomlinson had fallen over --, and chance after chance after chance until his actions resulted in an utterly needless death.

Fact is if there'd been no video footage there wouldn't have been a trial, not that it mattered anyway as, surprise, surprise, a not guilty verdict was arrived at.
Do you feel comfortable that officers like this not only exist, but that their unacceptable behaviour is protected by the system that's meant to hold them to account?