America burns

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Neville Bartos

Re: America burns

Post by Neville Bartos »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:10 am No matter what day it is,you can guarantee there will be at least 2 or more stories on the BBC Website concerning racism .Can't they just give it a rest?

The story of Bianca Williams who was stopped with her partner for driving on the WRONG side of the road,.They also sped off
and failed to stop.She say it was because of their colour.If I drive on the wrong side of the road and failed to stop,I would expect to be given a court summons.

Apparently the police are looking into "the couples concerns" about being stopped.

Tell you what,let`s just abolish "Stop and Search" and let people do what they like,aye?
Speaking of Aunty, I read that the BBC are going to plough an extra £100m into increasing diversity.
Now I hate to sound negative, but have they looked at their own Iplayer? The first five items in every category are guaranteed to feature a minority/women.
Take comedy.
First 5 shows feature Fleabag, Ab Fab, Citizen Khan and The Other One.
Even when you scroll down through the subsections it's hard to see how BAME people aren't over represented. Black people make up 3% of the population, Asian people 10%.

I'm in favour of diversity on TV. It helps with role models for minorities, and with racial and ethnic integration.
But for me the BBC are now at the point where they cover the bases everywhere. Every panel show or quiz MUST feature at least one woman and one BAME person, or preferably a combination.
You just know that there's a hard quota at the BBC, where ticking identity boxes is more important than qualifications or suitability.
And whilst I think there can be a justification for taking that approach some of the fime, for me it seems everywhere at the BBC.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Just finished watching The Munk debate on political correctness from a couple of years ago.
And Stephen Fry in particular nails the issues in society that are both driving BLM and the push back against it.

Anyway here's some highlights of Fry.

And if anyone has two hours to spare, here's the whole thing.
Communism deprives no man of the power to appropriate the products of society; all that it does is to deprive him of the power to subjugate the labour of others by means of such appropriations.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Neville Bartos wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:06 pm Just finished watching The Munk debate on political correctness from a couple of years ago.
And Stephen Fry in particular nails the issues in society that are both driving BLM and the push back against it.

Fry speaks a lot of sense.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Neville Bartos wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:06 pm Just finished watching The Munk debate on political correctness from a couple of years ago.

I remember that - good stuff and nice pick.

This is a recent interview with the good doctor and his daughter discussing his terrible last year medically.

The spoiler here, is It's absolutely fabulous that Dr. Peterson has finally gotten around to cleaning his very own room. And it's remarkable that a multi millionaire would have to chase around the whole world seeking a cure in Serbia of all places.

I would have thought you could buy anything in London or New York but what do I know about spending hundreds of thousands of pounds on fixing problems in your own head.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

terrya1965 wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 11:10 am No matter what day it is,you can guarantee there will be at least 2 or more stories on the BBC Website concerning racism .Can't they just give it a rest?

The story of Bianca Williams who was stopped with her partner for driving on the WRONG side of the road,.They also sped off
and failed to stop.She say it was because of their colour.If I drive on the wrong side of the road and failed to stop,I would expect to be given a court summons.

Apparently the police are looking into "the couples concerns" about being stopped.

Tell you what,let`s just abolish "Stop and Search" and let people do what they like,aye?
According to the BBC,the Police have apologised. Has usual,the BBC stick their normal spin on it and fail to say why they were pulled up.They were driving on the wrong side of the road and sped off.

If you are black now,you can rob a bank and will get an apology from the local police and get awarded compensation too. :lol:

palerider

Post by palerider »

Neville Bartos wrote: Tue Jul 07, 2020 4:51 pm

Speaking of Aunty, I read that the BBC are going to plough an extra £100m into increasing diversity.
Now I hate to sound negative, but have they looked at their own Iplayer? The first five items in every category are guaranteed to feature a minority/women.
Take comedy.
First 5 shows feature Fleabag, Ab Fab, Citizen Khan and The Other One.
Even when you scroll down through the subsections it's hard to see how BAME people aren't over represented. Black people make up 3% of the population, Asian people 10%.

I'm in favour of diversity on TV. It helps with role models for minorities, and with racial and ethnic integration.
But for me the BBC are now at the point where they cover the bases everywhere. Every panel show or quiz MUST feature at least one woman and one BAME person, or preferably a combination.
You just know that there's a hard quota at the BBC, where ticking identity boxes is more important than qualifications or suitability.
And whilst I think there can be a justification for taking that approach some of the fime, for me it seems everywhere at the BBC.
Like yourself, I agree. If a programme featuring black actors is good, then show it.

But for the sake of it ? Fuck off.

Now Sky, bless their politically correct socks, are pushing a comedy called 'Insecure' as if it were the cure for coronavirus. It's exclusively about black people. My daughter has watched it once and told me it's about as funny as small pox.

She may not be a tv critic but she knows what she likes. Yet Sky have it on their 'Top Picks' screen on my Sky Q box. It's also labelled 'Unmissable'.

So why if it was so fucking good did it begin at Series 4 ? And has been available in the States for over 2years ? You can of course catch up on the previous series.

Because of the timing of BLM of course.

Cunts.

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

and its cunts like her that are the problem...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/53318021

"I think we need a target, 30% is a good one. Whether owners or directors like it or not, this is what the game needs to do."

30% is that some random figure this piece of shit just pulled out of the air...or is that from her script writer ?...the total non white make up here is around 13% and blacks arent even 33% of that, 3%, last census was 2011, and knowing how these people breed its probably a couple of % higher and rising

takers not makers...always have been always will be

Neville Bartos

Post by Neville Bartos »

Why would you aim for representation at more than double the population? Surely if 3% of the population is black and 3% of senior representatives of sporting bodies are black, that is dead on. Why would there be a need for massive over representation?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Yes Jay agree(thought best to reply here..Move it off the F1 Thread....otherwise Noni and Gandolf will be getting the hump... :lol: )

In a lot do it for their careers....jumping on the twatter/social media bandwagon springs to mind...as well.
It becomes the "in thing" almost a fad...

All these "Celebs" Black,Mixed Race...White Bods ..will all crack on with their lives their jets and ferraris ,meanwhile the
Black Guys and Girls that live in the inner cities lives will get harder because of all this crap...there's a line now
Black or White...we WERE moving away from that...this country especially...

If they.. the BLM movement Bods think this will improve things....I'm afraid they are on the wrong fuckin Planet.

I was very much on board with it intially....they lost my support a while back....for lots of reasons..
It's a crying shame..cos there is an unfairness...racially....but it's more..a not trusting, than a hatred.....

The Mixed Race Celebs..I include politicians (Obama) ...........in that...could do so much more in bringing people
together...if they chose a different tact...but instead, like i said they choose the one drop theory...so they can give the
Black Power salute...which has totally fucked them up by the way...talk about how to alienate and divide people..FFS
don't they get it.

Micky A...do the Knee mate if you want...but drop the Black Power thing....don't help the cause...

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Jul 15, 2020 11:15 am Yes Jay agree(thought best to reply here..Move it off the F1 Thread....otherwise Noni and Gandolf will be getting the hump... :lol: )

In a lot do it for their careers....jumping on the twatter/social media bandwagon springs to mind...as well.
It becomes the "in thing" almost a fad...

All these "Celebs" Black,Mixed Race...White Bods ..will all crack on with their lives their jets and ferraris ,meanwhile the
Black Guys and Girls that live in the inner cities lives will get harder because of all this crap...there's a line now
Black or White...we WERE moving away from that...this country especially...

If they.. the BLM movement Bods think this will improve things....I'm afraid they are on the wrong fuckin Planet.

I was very much on board with it intially....they lost my support a while back....for lots of reasons..
It's a crying shame..cos there is an unfairness...racially....but it's more..a not trusting, than a hatred.....

The Mixed Race Celebs..I include politicians (Obama) ...........in that...could do so much more in bringing people
together...if they chose a different tact...but instead, like i said they choose the one drop theory...so they can give the
Black Power salute...which has totally fucked them up by the way...talk about how to alienate and divide people..FFS
don't they get it.

Micky A...do the Knee mate if you want...but drop the Black Power thing....don't help the cause...
Awesome bless them 😂. You can write wherever ya want mate.
Totally agree with ya though. It's all been a bit stupid and more dividing than anything I've seen. Seen a lot of people lose respect because of all this. It's all got out of hand and it started with the protests in the middle of a pandemic. Some people out there acting all smart but actually being extremely stupid and also getting their timing all wrong.
COYI!!!