America burns

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
terrya1965

Re: America burns

Post by terrya1965 »

JayK wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:45 am
Newmarket wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:40 pm

Was it a Black Dude or a Dude who just happened to be Black ?
Either way , fuck all to do with us .

Long live the Queen.
One or the other 😄

I wish it was fuckin all to do with us but neither was George Floyd but look what happened there ✊🏿
I don`t blame people for protesting in America/Canada,but why here?Don't get it at all.

JayK

Post by JayK »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 1:17 pm
JayK wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 9:45 am

One or the other 😄

I wish it was fuckin all to do with us but neither was George Floyd but look what happened there ✊🏿
I don`t blame people for protesting in America/Canada,but why here?Don't get it at all.
Agreed. But also the violence and million dollars of damage caused will get them nowhere. Think I read somewhere a couple of people were killed during these latest protests.
COYI!!!

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

These amazing stories keep coming from the BBC.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-53917733

Whatever next?

Henry VIII's Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Grand daughter apologising for him having a black slave?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

terrya1965 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:25 pm These amazing stories keep coming from the BBC.

Whatever next?

Henry VIII's Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Great Grand daughter apologising for him having a black slave?
The story is of how an american zoo covered up it's history of displaying a young black guy from the Congo as some sort of curious missing link. Obviously making money out of a gullible public, whose entertainments in those days consisted largely on gawping at people who were different.

The great shame therefore, is a reputable public institution having it's past poked around in and it's culpability in kidnap,extortion and slavery revealed.

It's not a modern BLM moment. It's an interesting bit of history that's shameful and ghastly. Henry VIII has nothing to do with it and in any case,he never ventured outside the borders of Hampton;the little fatty.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 10:02 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 9:25 pm These amazing stories keep coming from the BBC.

Whatever next?

The story is of how an american zoo covered up it's history of displaying a young black guy from the Congo as some sort of curious missing link. Obviously making money out of a gullible public, whose entertainments in those days consisted largely on gawping at people who were different.

The great shame therefore, is a reputable public institution having it's past poked around in and it's culpability in kidnap,extortion and slavery revealed.

It's not a modern BLM moment. It's an interesting bit of history that's shameful and ghastly. Henry VIII has nothing to do with it and in any case,he never ventured outside the borders of Hampton;the little fatty.
I am being sarcastic mate.

BD,I do agree it`s out of order,but why bring up stuff like this from over 100 years ago?

I think it`s shit stirring.

palerider

Post by palerider »

The whole sorry saga has reached saturation point.

All of the media outlets are bending over backwards to outdo each other with stories they've dug up from somewhere. Each will have a dedicated team trawling through the archives to find something distasteful from God knows when. I know for a fact that black American soldiers were hung at Shepton Mallet prison during WW2 for rape when a number of white soldiers weren't. There's one for free BBC.

Printing this stuff now to stir up the woke brigade even further has the opposite effect for the many. It turns once tolerant people into racists.

Playing with fire.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

I feel Black people have a tad of jealousy about our glorious and innovative past.

Rule Britannia.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 3:12 pm I feel Black people have a tad of jealousy about our glorious and innovative past.

Rule Britannia.
They don`t want to be equal in this country,they want to be one notch above us.

In a way,they are already.You go for a job with an ethnic person and you have equal qualifications,the ethnic person gets it..He/she will probably get it even if you are more qualified for that position tbh.

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

It`s very sad to hear about a reasonably young Actor Chadwick Boseman losing his life from that dreaded disease cancer.I have to admit,it must be my age,I have never heard of the fella tbh.The younger generation will know him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53955912

The way the BBC are reporting it,you think he was Stevie Wonder or Will Smith.It`s the main headline

Six months ago,this would have been in the Entertainment section. Am I not surprised?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

terrya1965 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:05 pm It`s very sad to hear about a reasonably young Actor Chadwick Boseman losing his life from that dreaded disease cancer.I have to admit,it must be my age,I have never heard of the fella tbh.The younger generation will know him.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53955912

The way the BBC are reporting it,you think he was Stevie Wonder or Will Smith.It`s the main headline

Six months ago,this would have been in the Entertainment section. Am I not surprised?
Tbf he IS a big star . Not to me , never heard of him , but to the millions of younger generation Marvel fans he will have been well known and I think the BBC would have given the same coverage to any of the white actors that have made millions playing one of Stan Lee’s creations.

Unusual for me but I don’t think you can dig the Beeb out over this one Tel.
Bring back Jonathon !