RIP Sir Stirling Moss

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Noni

RIP Sir Stirling Moss

Post by Noni »

RIP Sir Stirling Moss :(

Died aged 90

F1 regard him as one of the greatest ever. He often beat Fangio in races at other racing events... He won a total of 212 races in his career, but never got that F1 title... He won 16 races in Formula 1.

What a legend!!!! Will be sadly missed!...RIP!!!!

mkhammer

Re: RIP Sir Stirling Moss

Post by mkhammer »

Wonder how many times.."who do you think you are...Stirling Moss"...has been said.. :D

True Icon of the sport...a true gent as well by all accounts,just can't imagine what it was like
to drive in some of the races he drove in...and won most of the time as well...

R.I.P.....

Noni

Post by Noni »

Watched the film Killer Elite with James Caan yesterday from 1975. One chase scene from a yellow taxi cab, James Caan spoke to the driver and said, "who do you think you are?, Stirling Moss". Not bad from an American movie. :D

BillyDWhizz

Post by BillyDWhizz »

Apparently it's a true story. The great man himself was once stopped by a policeman for speeding and was asked that very question.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/profil ... rling-moss
Who the fuck is General Failure and why is he reading my harddisk?

eastcoastclaret
Location: Chris Eubank has written a book about ethics. If it sells well, he'll write one about Kent too

Post by eastcoastclaret »

Sterling moss was indeed a great driver and a gentleman to boot and I would never question his abilities, especially as his main rival of the day was the great Fagio, but, what I could never understand is how he seemingly completely overshadowed everything John Surtees achieved. John actually won the F1 championship once and the motorcycle GP Championship 4 times. He truly was as fast as feck driving 4 wheels or two! As stated above about the famous, who do you think you are? quip never is Johns name mentioned. I watched a documentary on him and he was asked about his feelings for the so called stardom Moss achieved and he was very complimentary regards him but never showed any ill will. Different day and age I guess. Not like today’s mouthy twats who just want to talk up about themselves and slag others at every opportunity.
All about opinions though......
gonna need a bigger boat...my thumbs have gone weird...weleese bwian...I didn't eat the salmon mousse...nice beaver...like a glove...I have nipples Greg...the details of my life...he's not the messiah....

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Good job hey Noni Noni started this thread albeit ages ago .
I never would have known Stirling died if he’d posted it on one of his F1 threads .

Was a proper gent and a real personality unlike those modern drivers such as that Cunt ...know what I can’t even remember his name that’s how interesting he is
Bring back Jonathon !