IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Whiskyman

Re: IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

Post by Whiskyman »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 9:26 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:44 am

Only a matter of time before reliable IPTV arrives imo mate. But I think before then we'll see some sort of "season ticketing" subscription to the Sky/BT/Amazon lot. They must be well aware of the competition out there.

Speaking personally I'm not fussed about whether it goes tits up after a while or so but my gripe with most of the early IPTVs (much better now) was the quality of the streams which can only be described as crap. But the last year has seen a dramatic increase in quality. Maybe all these fucking lockdowns have given the teccies more time to sharpen up their acts . ;)
Indeed mate . Some of my channels , mainly the movies , are already in 4K and even the odd grid iron game (as you’d expect 🇺🇸).

It’s only a matter of time before OUR footy gets the same treatment.
I can tell from the chat/q&a forums of my service that the PL is massive in the states.
It is. As is La Liga by all accounts. In fact when I watch Barcelona matches I always do so via Bein Sports USA. Football, sorry soccer, is massive in the States these days.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Newmarket wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:38 pm
Shortshanks wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:08 pm Just a query to Firestick users : are you only able to download easily from the Amazon store?
What do you mean by easily mate ?

I just sideload what I need through either :-
(In order of ease and preference)

The Troypoint Rapid app installer
Downloader
Aptoide.

The only stuff I get through Amazon that’s any use at all is the occasional tool app .

The important stuff including apps to get rid of all Amazon’s bloat ware has to be sideloaded.

Amazon ARE Cunts .
I was curious because It seemed you or was it Whisky weren't able to get the Potatostreams app without a bit of a rigmarole and I assume you didn't succeed.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:08 pm Just a query to Firestick users : are you only able to download easily from the Amazon store?
Tbh mate I don't think I've ever tried downloading anything onto the firestick from it. I usually "sideload" the freestanding app-s, like Rising Tides & Exodus, And Mobdro, which is what I use to hook into the Bein Sports channels I think I got from one of the filelinked links.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Shortshanks wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:07 pm
Newmarket wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:38 pm

What do you mean by easily mate ?

I just sideload what I need through either :-
(In order of ease and preference)

The Troypoint Rapid app installer
Downloader
Aptoide.

The only stuff I get through Amazon that’s any use at all is the occasional tool app .

The important stuff including apps to get rid of all Amazon’s bloat ware has to be sideloaded.

Amazon ARE Cunts .
I was curious because It seemed you or was it Whisky weren't able to get the Potatostreams app without a bit of a rigmarole and I assume you didn't succeed.
Well , as far as potato thingy was concerned I never really tried too hard tbh , I managed to download the APK easily enough but gave up when I saw that I need an Android phone to confirm/verify/whatever the word is , any account I might have opened .

iPhone man so that’s as far as it went tbh , I don’t really need it tbh , I’m always interested in anything like that in case it’s a useful back up but I’d need an awful lot to go tits up with my 2 iptv services and the tons of Kodi add ons I have , but hardly ever use , for me too need it.
Bring back Jonathon !

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:55 pm
Tbh mate I don't think I've ever tried downloading anything onto the firestick from it. I usually "sideload" the freestanding app-s, like Rising Tides & Exodus, And Mobdro, which is what I use to hook into the Bein Sports channels I think I got from one of the filelinked links.
Ok , being a Nvidia user not Firestick I couldn't understand why they had to use a phone to get the potatostreams app. For anyone who likes tinkering around the following may be useful or not. I put potatostreams (no spaces) in the search box of Aptoide and it came up with one app called Football News: By Fans. When I clicked on to download it out of curiosity to see what it was it took me straight to the login screen of my Potatostreams app. From that I'm assuming it's the same app (maybe a modded version) but under a different name in the Aptoide store. Whether that is the case and if anyone wants an excellent (at present) football streaming app it may install on Firestick more easily or you may just waste some time.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:43 am
Whiskyman wrote: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:55 pm

Ok , being a Nvidia user not Firestick I couldn't understand why they had to use a phone to get the potatostreams app. For anyone who likes tinkering around the following may be useful or not. I put potatostreams (no spaces) in the search box of Aptoide and it came up with one app called Football News: By Fans. When I clicked on to download it out of curiosity to see what it was it took me straight to the login screen of my Potatostreams app. From that I'm assuming it's the same app (maybe a modded version) but under a different name in the Aptoide store. Whether that is the case and if anyone wants an excellent (at present) football streaming app it may install on Firestick more easily or you may just waste some time.
Mate, with all this fucking lockdown nonsense I think we've all got plenty of time to waste. Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go later.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Whiskyman wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:30 am
Shortshanks wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 9:43 am

Mate, with all this fucking lockdown nonsense I think we've all got plenty of time to waste. Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a go later.
It was a bit tongue in cheek but I wanted to cover all bases as there's always one. :lol: :lol:

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Anyone interested "Vola Sports" is back

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Shortshanks wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:21 pm Anyone interested "Vola Sports" is back
I am interested. Used to be my preferred go to. Although with all our games being shown now I'm only using the streams for the Spanish games I want to look in on. Same file linked number as before I take it, or is there another link ?

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:57 am
Shortshanks wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:21 pm Anyone interested "Vola Sports" is back
I am interested. Used to be my preferred go to. Although with all our games being shown now I'm only using the streams for the Spanish games I want to look in on. Same file linked number as before I take it, or is there another link ?
I’m going to install this and try it out .
More through curiosity than necessity mind .

See what the fuss is about :D
Bring back Jonathon !