IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Shortshanks

Re: IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

Post by Shortshanks »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 1:29 pm
Shortshanks wrote: Sun Nov 01, 2020 9:22 am

Did you mean "football plus" ? The sports links on the filelinked number I gave are almost at the bottom. Yeh I bet if they were in the relegation zone they would let you play on lol. I'm going to watch grandson play this afternoon as well. Another good filelinked number is 27256340 btw.
Yes I did mean Football Plus. Thanks for the tip that they're all in the relegation spots. ;)
Navixsports not loading today, has been working fine but not at the moment. Watching the Utd v Arse match on Thop Tv on the Bein 11 link. Several Bein 11 links, couple were buffering slightly, another wouldn't open but the one I'm using at the moment has been fine. Looks like a few apps are down at the moment.

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Navixsports app is loading again.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

We’ve just bought a 4K fire stick for £29.99 from Amazon in the pre-black Friday sale .

I’m going to set it up in the bedroom on my old Philips tv ( got a new smart tv downstairs) but I’ll have to run it through wi-fi as my router is downstairs .

This house has atrocious signal when using smartphones etc when upstairs so I envisage having problems with the fire stick . Ideally I’d be setting up an Ethernet connection but as that’s not possible anyone have any suggestions to boost signal strength ?

Are those wifi-boosters any good etc ?
Bring back Jonathon !

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:09 am We’ve just bought a 4K fire stick for £29.99 from Amazon in the pre-black Friday sale .

I’m going to set it up in the bedroom on my old Philips tv ( got a new smart tv downstairs) but I’ll have to run it through wi-fi as my router is downstairs .

This house has atrocious signal when using smartphones etc when upstairs so I envisage having problems with the fire stick . Ideally I’d be setting up an Ethernet connection but as that’s not possible anyone have any suggestions to boost signal strength ?

I would have a look at Devolo (or equivalent) powerline adaptors. You can connect by ethernet then using your existing electrical sockets assuming they are on the same circuit. I use them to connect a desktop computer upstairs.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Shortshanks wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 9:21 am
Newmarket wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:09 am We’ve just bought a 4K fire stick for £29.99 from Amazon in the pre-black Friday sale .

I would have a look at Devolo (or equivalent) powerline adaptors. You can connect by ethernet then using your existing electrical sockets assuming they are on the same circuit. I use them to connect a desktop computer upstairs.
I live in the house that Jack built and I’ve been banging on to the Landlord for ages about loads of stuff including getting the electrics totally rewired . And although I’m not certain , I’m pretty sure they are different circuits which rules out that option .

Have you had any experience with boosters ?
I’m considering one of these :

https://dis-dot-dat.net/range-xtd-review/

Or paying somebody to run a 50 yard Ethernet cable down the outside of the house for me 🙄
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

You can't say black Friday now.

It implies that for the other 6 days, black people are second-class citizens.

Tear down that statue now.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:23 am

I live in the house that Jack built and I’ve been banging on to the Landlord for ages about loads of stuff including getting the electrics totally rewired . And although I’m not certain , I’m pretty sure they are different circuits which rules out that option .

Or paying somebody to run a 50 yard Ethernet cable down the outside of the house for me 🙄
I had a BT Booster for work. It was really good. Ethernet from router to booster plugged in the wall then other booster plugged in upstairs with Ethernet cable from that to computer. Was like I was in the same room as the router.
COYI!!!

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Newmarket wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:23 am

No, I've only used powerline adaptors. I would try if at all possible to hardwire because what I've read and from my own experience wifi is not ideal for streaming. Found it so much better when I used ethernet and my router was in the same room when using wifi.

jameskel

Post by jameskel »

Does the Firestick have an ethernet port?

If not, when using it on your TV, open the bedroom window and hang the whole lot out there. Should be fine

Anymore questions, let me know
Covid in the Boardroom

JayK

Post by JayK »

jameskel wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:32 pm Does the Firestick have an ethernet port?

If not, when using it on your TV, open the bedroom window and hang the whole lot out there. Should be fine

Anymore questions, let me know
😂😂😂
COYI!!!