IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Newmarket

Re: IPTV/Kodi/streaming/torrenting /broadband etc thread

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:39 am
Newmarket wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:23 am

I live in the house that Jack built and I’ve been banging on to the Landlord for ages about loads of stuff including getting the electrics totally rewired . And although I’m not certain , I’m pretty sure they are different circuits which rules out that option .

Have you had any experience with boosters ?
I’m considering one of these :

https://dis-dot-dat.net/range-xtd-review/

Or paying somebody to run a 50 yard Ethernet cable down the outside of the house for me 🙄
I had a BT Booster for work. It was really good. Ethernet from router to booster plugged in the wall then other booster plugged in upstairs with Ethernet cable from that to computer. Was like I was in the same room as the router.
Forgive me if I misunderstand my friend , but does that mean you was using the booster as a mini router type thingy to enable you to hard wire your pooter ?
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 7:39 pm
JayK wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:39 am

I had a BT Booster for work. It was really good. Ethernet from router to booster plugged in the wall then other booster plugged in upstairs with Ethernet cable from that to computer. Was like I was in the same room as the router.
Forgive me if I misunderstand my friend , but does that mean you was using the booster as a mini router type thingy to enable you to hard wire your pooter ?
Exactly that mate
COYI!!!

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

I thought the BT booster/mesh only gave a wifi signal. What you describe sounds exactly like a powerline connection using the electrical cables.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Shortshanks wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:52 pm I thought the BT booster/mesh only gave a wifi signal. What you describe sounds exactly like a powerline connection using the electrical cables.
Maybe there are different types
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:12 pm
Shortshanks wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 8:52 pm I thought the BT booster/mesh only gave a wifi signal. What you describe sounds exactly like a powerline connection using the electrical cables.
The booster I was recommended and I linked in a post above has LAN and LAN/WAN sockets and USB ports .

Would that be what they are for Jay ?

I looked into Mesh wifi as well but looks a bit out of my price range .
Bring back Jonathon !

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 10:31 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:12 pm

The booster I was recommended and I linked in a post above has LAN and LAN/WAN sockets and USB ports .

Would that be what they are for Jay ?

I looked into Mesh wifi as well but looks a bit out of my price range .
I know it says not available right now but this looks like the one I had (or maybe even still have somewhere 🤷🏻‍♂️)

BT Dual-Band Wi-Fi Extender 600 Kit (Booster) - Black

No USB ports on mine. Can work as Wi-Fi or as an Ethernet plug in. Wasn’t amazing for Wi-Fi tbh but Ethernet plugged in from router to 1st booster and then Ethernet from computer to 2nd booster worked a dream.

Hope the link works ok to give you an idea anyway.
COYI!!!

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

MODBRO seems to be a decent place to get a variety of channels worldwide. If, like me, you've got kids or grandkids who follow on of the big clubs you can also get the various club channels, including Barcelona and Real Madrid. The streaming quality is good as well.

And I'm a bit puzzled why a lot of people need boosters and such. My internet service is via Virgin Media, no special equipment, just the router, and the stream quality is great. And at the moment I'm not even using a VPN.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Shortshanks

Post by Shortshanks »

Couple of sites I've recently come across that are working brilliantly at the moment. You may already have them but maybe not. I'm assuming you already have Navixsports and Football plus. New ones are Arena4Viewer. You can get it from filelinked 76705196 (Pin 3223). You also need to have Ace Stream Engine which you probably already have, if not you can get it on the same filelinked number. When you open the app go to top right corner and click on "change orientation" if you aren't in full screen mode. Other great app is Potatostreams which you have to get from their website. I downloaded the app for phone but it works great for TV. When you open it, it is in phone mode but when you click on the live stream it goes into full screen mode. There are loads of links. Looks like you can get a premium version for Android boxes which does away with adverts and only costs £2 a month or £16 a year. If it works well over a period of time would probably be worth taking the chance. Like I say they have been working great but sometimes they can suddenly go like Vola Sports.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Watched tonight’s game on Kodi / The Loop. Peacock tv stream excellent. Only problem was Tony Gale being the in game pundit.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?