Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Whiskyman

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:36 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:09 am Can't watch a game outdoors. But can watch the same match, in the same area, indoors. I'm no scientist but aren't we less likely to pick up infections outside, in the fresh air, than indoors ?

Over to you Matt Hancock. You dopey tosser.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -away.html
Madness.

How that cunt is still in a job is beyond me.
Well, this is only my opinion. He is still in a job because his boss who, imo, is as big a tosser as he is, was elected by us collectively to lead the country at the last election. But did we have a choice ? I mean a real choice. FFS the alternative was Jeremy Bloody Corbyn. So we voted for the lesser of two evils, or at least I did. And of course with Project Fear still being the , at least on the face of it, official government policy it is unlikely any sense of normality will return soon.

And then British business has to adapt to changing trading conditions with one of our major trading partners in a mere 2 months because there has, as yet, been no agreement reached following our decision, again made by us, the people, as a collective to leave the EU. It is a giant clusterfuck to end all clusterfucks and the recession to come is going to make what's happening now seem like a bloody picnic.

But as I say, that's only my opinion. It is however a very sad indictment of the quality of our politicians that there are no fresh thinkers in the wings waiting to tear down the ridiculous two party system we are saddled with because of the vested interest tied in with both of them.

And we worry about Manchester United and Liverpool wanting more of the football pie. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 7:09 am Can't watch a game outdoors. But can watch the same match, in the same area, indoors. I'm no scientist but aren't we less likely to pick up infections outside, in the fresh air, than indoors ?

Over to you Matt Hancock. You dopey tosser.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footb ... -away.html
Madness.

It`s mind boggling pale.

Someone should explain this decision,but we won't get anbody doing that,will we?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

terrya1965 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:59 am

Madness.

It`s mind boggling pale.

Someone should explain this decision,but we won't get anbody doing that,will we?
I'll have a go Tel....

20% of 4/500 in a Cinema is 100 ..and prob all gonna be pretty much local..
20% of 60,000 in a Footie ground is 12,000 Travelling from around the country..highly infected into low infected areas poss..
No way can we have footie open yet...local smaller stuff is doable.
i.e.. I travel down from MK (which I would) to watch a game really low rates here....Train Down...Underground right across
London, sit near strangers close by don't know where from...12,000 of em.....I will have a few Beers Local/West End and
Back again....is that a good idea at the moment.

I don't wanna come across as being argumentative in all of this...just trying to get and understand some of the decisions mate...

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

mkhammer wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:43 pm
terrya1965 wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 11:59 am

It`s mind boggling pale.

I'll have a go Tel....

20% of 60,000 in a Footie ground is 12,000 Travelling from around the country..highly infected into low infected areas poss..
i.e.. I travel down from MK (which I would) to watch a game really low rates here....Train Down...Underground right across
London, sit near strangers close by don't know where from...12,000 of em.....I will have a few Beers Local/West End and

I don't wanna come across as being argumentative in all of this...just trying to get and understand some of the decisions mate...
Well you could do with a trial. Start off small. This is how it could progress.

Use the rapid self testing method used at Heathrow - results in 45 min

Limit the crowd 15,000 - no away supporters ,this is a trial

Once you run a few successful trials, then you could scale it up. Maybe double the capacity.

Can't see too many downsides. Indoor venues wold be easier, same principle. Same 45 min self test.

Or just use the temp check as they do for visitors in hospitals. It doesn't catch the asymptomatic ones but as Abba sang "take a chance on me"

It's all bollocks anyway, but if you want to give the impression that you give a fuck, do either a temp check or a 45 min self test.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

I might go for the popcorn.

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 3:52 pm I might go for the popcorn.
Why not indeed ... it’s not as if you can catch any virus’s if you’re eating or drinking...

Which is what most do in a cinema . Especially in the back row :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

I believe it's coming to a head soon between the doom-mongers and the doubters.

And there won't be enough plod or prison cells to quell the rampage.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:28 am I believe it's coming to a head soon between the doom-mongers and the doubters.

The Christmas/ New Year holiday season will be the tipping point imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 8:39 am
palerider wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 6:28 am I believe it's coming to a head soon between the doom-mongers and the doubters.

The Christmas/ New Year holiday season will be the tipping point imo.
That will depend very much on if the North and the Midlands see any way out of their tier 3 lockdowns, and indeed, London may be there by then.

It certainly won't be the tugging the forelock of the Spring and early Summer when the weather was fantastic and you could at least sit in your garden for a beer. Not that many followed the law anyway.

It will be quiet where I live. A cat up a tree makes the front page of the local rag in God's county, but there'll be riots in the cities unless either Johnson abandons the miserable fuckers advising him or lays out a firm plan that paves the way to a normal festive period and more importantly, sticks to it come what may.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:58 pm
mkhammer wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 1:43 pm

I'll have a go Tel....

Well you could do with a trial. Start off small. This is how it could progress.

Use the rapid self testing method used at Heathrow - results in 45 min

Limit the crowd 15,000 - no away supporters ,this is a trial

Once you run a few successful trials, then you could scale it up. Maybe double the capacity.

Can't see too many downsides. Indoor venues wold be easier, same principle. Same 45 min self test.

Or just use the temp check as they do for visitors in hospitals. It doesn't catch the asymptomatic ones but as Abba sang "take a chance on me"

It's all bollocks anyway, but if you want to give the impression that you give a fuck, do either a temp check or a 45 min self test.
That would prob work at our place BD, time it takes to get thru Border Patrol,could get results back in plenty of time...
And we've got the Stop Go things already as well.... :lol:

Think the main prob is mate...the Movement of people from one area to another...it's fine testing negative to get
in...(would still be a nightmare 15,000 tests in an hour or so...can't be done logistically,in time allowed)
You could pick it up on your journey home...
Like said in my example I would be in close contact with hundreds of people not involved in the actual game itself..
Going thru high infection areas returning to a low infection one....it's just to risky at moment...lets forget this season,
write it off...get ready for next.....pains me to say it as love going,but gotta be done.