Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
JayK

Re: Coronavirus

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:19 am
JayK wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 7:29 pm

The cheek of it. Trying to find out if my cousin's pub has reopened yet. Sounds like it has but not confirmed. Better value food and grog. The White Cross, Richmond. On the river also. Check it out. Don't go at high tide without your waders
Yeah know that well ,love it in there....nice little pub crawl along the river and up into town ..the Ship,couple nice boozers
by the cricket pitch...

Fuckin hard work a pub crawl these days tho....
It's a bit of an arse when the tide's in though 😂
COYI!!!

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

JayK wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:23 pm
mkhammer wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:19 am

Yeah know that well ,love it in there....nice little pub crawl along the river and up into town ..the Ship,couple nice boozers
by the cricket pitch...

Fuckin hard work a pub crawl these days tho....
Pub Crawl not Front Crawl mate....mind you Crawls the right word after a few....and do feel a plonker going up the high street
in me speedos.... :lol:

JayK

Post by JayK »

mkhammer wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 5:31 pm
JayK wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 2:23 pm

Pub Crawl not Front Crawl mate....mind you Crawls the right word after a few....and do feel a plonker going up the high street
in me speedos.... :lol:
😂😂😂😂😂
COYI!!!

Flairon

Post by Flairon »

The original post looks rather daft now doesn't it!?!
Flairon

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Flairon wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:47 am The original post looks rather daft now doesn't it!?!
Agent Zigzag not known for reliable intel

Parry Hotter

Post by Parry Hotter »

Flairon wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:47 am The original post looks rather daft now doesn't it!?!
Saw this and looked at the very first post and i dont think it looks silly. Someone on here said theres something like 20 million people dying from heart attacks and millions from starvation or cancer and yes its bad when someone dies from corona but theres nothing like the amounts who die from many other things. And its still mostly old or sick people who die from it isnt it. And i saw an advert on tv few days ago from some cancer charity what said corona has cost them about 40 million because people aint donating to cancer now. Some people die from it like some people die from lots of things but dont most people who are fit and healthy survive.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Parry Hotter wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:10 am
Saw this and looked at the very first post and i dont think it looks silly. Someone on here said theres something like 20 million people dying from heart attacks and millions from starvation or cancer and yes its bad when someone dies from corona but theres nothing like the amounts who die from many other things. And its still mostly old or sick people who die from it isnt it. And i saw an advert on tv few days ago from some cancer charity what said corona has cost them about 40 million because people aint donating to cancer now. Some people die from it like some people die from lots of things but dont most people who are fit and healthy survive.
But at what cost. A lot of people who have recovered have suffered chronic after affects and for those people their future health has been compromised. We know this from all the studies of patient recovery that have been published over the last 5 months.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Wonder how long this thing is gonna stay around,a lot worse than I ever envisaged it being....
Seems it's peaking in quite a few countries at moment,then starts to ease down after a month or so...prob is ,it's a lot
easier for some countries to "Lock Down" to contain it than others...where it's virtually impossible...they don't have
Billions to call on in a Benefits system....it's.. you don't go out and work/try and get money in....you Starve...
not dossing around watching Netflix,sitting on beaches on 80% of wages...which lets face it..a lot are quite happy with.

We honestly don't know how lucky and spoilt we are living in this country....most people seem to be worrying bout
holidays...can i watch footie.. and is the pub open....different world..
I'm the same moaning/complaining cos cant do what i want....

Think maybe staying in any lockdown thing...or going back into a stricter one...could cause more harm than good in
the long term...we were in..still are, in a situation whereby people with Cancers and other serious illnesses are taking
a back seat in their treatments to this thing,which has priority....understandable...but now we have a better fix on
it...maybe priorities should be more balanced.
The Economy and people not spending..will lead to obvious shortfalls in tax being generated...public services
including the NHS will suffer...we've just about got away with it at the moment....but we need to be out there spending,
it's how the whole thing works.

Think we've done all we can in finding that balance......there's no one cure...no one way to correctly handle it....
Each Person is different...each families needs are Different...each Community is Different...and Each country is different,
in finding out and doing what is best...

Thought it would all be behind us by September....looks like I'm a year or so out....

palerider

Post by palerider »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:47 am Wonder how long this thing is gonna stay around,a lot worse than I ever envisaged it being....
Seems it's peaking in quite a few countries at moment,then starts to ease down after a month or so...prob is ,it's a lot
easier for some countries to "Lock Down" to contain it than others...where it's virtually impossible...they don't have
Billions to call on in a Benefits system....it's.. you don't go out and work/try and get money in....you Starve...
not dossing around watching Netflix,sitting on beaches on 80% of wages...which lets face it..a lot are quite happy with.

We honestly don't know how lucky and spoilt we are living in this country....most people seem to be worrying bout

Think maybe staying in any lockdown thing...or going back into a stricter one...could cause more harm than good in
the long term...we were in..still are, in a situation whereby people with Cancers and other serious illnesses are taking
a back seat in their treatments to this thing,which has priority....understandable...but now we have a better fix on
The Economy and people not spending..will lead to obvious shortfalls in tax being generated...public services
including the NHS will suffer...we've just about got away with it at the moment....but we need to be out there spending,

Think we've done all we can in finding that balance......there's no one cure...no one way to correctly handle it....
Each Person is different...each families needs are Different...each Community is Different...and Each country is different,

Thought it would all be behind us by September....looks like I'm a year or so out....
When it first hit, around the end of February, many like me, joked about it. I remember going on the march to the ILS in close proximity to thousands without a care in the world. Then within three weeks the reality hit home.

The government handled it appallingly. Letting Cheltenham go ahead, along with the Victims CL game. Still allowing thousands of passengers from hard-hit countries in at the airports. They said they were 'led by science' which of course is total bollocks. They were led by money.

But it bit them on the arse. Then Boris got ill.

Gradually the other scientists, not that wet rag Chris Whitty, released evidence that as long as you weren't very fat, a heavy smoker, had severe asthma, underlying health conditions or very old the chances of you croaking from it were about 0.3 % greater than in any other given year. Four of my mates caught it on a ski trip (all in their 60's and in good health). Two didn't know they had it, two had it a bit worse. But it was not the Black Death. One of the blokes who was asymptomatic gave it to his wife who was quite ill for a fortnight. But she's a smoker and is fine now. She didn't have to go to hospital.

But Boris had got ill.

Obviously there are hundreds of thousands on the above list. And it was correct that they had to isolate. But as for the rest of the country ?

Three weeks ago I had the pleasure of visiting Somerset's jewel, Yeovil :lol: , to have my brakes done. While waiting I'd noticed a Gregg's nearby which had tables and chairs outside in the open. It was a lovely morning so I thought it would be nice to sit down for a coffee. I should add that I was the only cunt in there. But would they let me sit down ? Would they fuck.......Too risky. Health and Safety. Save Lives. And all of the other shit that's been rammed down our throats for months. So I found a low wall at the back of the industrial estate waiting for plod to pick me up.

Because Boris had got ill.

Of course I'm not advocating some of the mindless scenes that have been witnessed. And the penalties for transgressors should be draconian. But the bottom line is that we either get the country moving again or we don't. It's that simple. Otherwise we'll be stuck in this moral and economic quicksand forever as one virus after another come calling.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

palerider wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:16 pm
mkhammer wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:47 am Wonder how long this thing is gonna stay around,a lot worse than I ever envisaged it being....

When it first hit, around the end of February, many like me, joked about it. I remember going on the march to the ILS in close proximity to thousands without a care in the world. Then within three weeks the reality hit home.

The government handled it appallingly. Letting Cheltenham go ahead, along with the Victims CL game. Still allowing thousands of passengers from hard-hit countries in at the airports. They said they were 'led by science' which of course is total bollocks. They were led by money.

But it bit them on the arse. Then Boris got ill.

Gradually the other scientists, not that wet rag Chris Whitty, released evidence that as long as you weren't very fat, a heavy smoker, had severe asthma, underlying health conditions or very old the chances of you croaking from it were about 0.3 % greater than in any other given year. Four of my mates caught it on a ski trip (all in their 60's and in good health). Two didn't know they had it, two had it a bit worse. But it was not the Black Death. One of the blokes who was asymptomatic gave it to his wife who was quite ill for a fortnight. But she's a smoker and is fine now. She didn't have to go to hospital.

But Boris had got ill.

Obviously there are hundreds of thousands on the above list. And it was correct that they had to isolate. But as for the rest of the country ?

Three weeks ago I had the pleasure of visiting Somerset's jewel, Yeovil :lol: , to have my brakes done. While waiting I'd noticed a Gregg's nearby which had tables and chairs outside in the open. It was a lovely morning so I thought it would be nice to sit down for a coffee. I should add that I was the only cunt in there. But would they let me sit down ? Would they fuck.......Too risky. Health and Safety. Save Lives. And all of the other shit that's been rammed down our throats for months. So I found a low wall at the back of the industrial estate waiting for plod to pick me up.

Because Boris had got ill.

Of course I'm not advocating some of the mindless scenes that have been witnessed. And the penalties for transgressors should be draconian. But the bottom line is that we either get the country moving again or we don't. It's that simple. Otherwise we'll be stuck in this moral and economic quicksand forever as one virus after another come calling.
Think there's always gonna be a lot of hindsight on this Mr P.....did we didn't we...should we have should we not have and so on...

Don't like Blame even if there were "mistakes"...cos there's no rules with it that you follow ,it's unprecedented,we can learn from it
tho, as I think we are...in not shutting down Nationally, which we pushed to it's limits Economically...but keep it regional,
being prepared to alter course...people love to call that.."Backing Down" it's not,it's listening and watching and moving
with that...what works one week may not work the next,as this thing moves among us.

The Initial shutdown was a hard call...no doubt they thought can we avoid it..is it poss...cos it's seriously gonna fuck us up...
it's not here yet everywhere else has it ,we have very low levels...we're an Island, can we deal with it,keep it low....lots
of stuff to bear in mind and take in....do we shut down with low levels....then be forced to come out of it for Economic
reasons,when it's peaking...which would be the worst scenario...also being aware People might behave for two maybe
three weeks,then.. Fuck This we're going out....the timing was almost impossible to call...you could have done 20 different
work studies and predictions and come back with 20 different results....Now we can do that,we have some history on it,
how it moves around,areas and people that are more vulnerable etc...

Theres absolutely no way in the World Boris and his Bunch would do the slightest thing to harm this country or it's people...
If people wanna think they screwed up...fair enough...but to think it was because of being uncaring lazy,selfish...is just wrong...
Think what we've done has been incredible...I try and follow our Finances...how it all works Taxes and all that shit,I say try
most of it is way above my pay grade.... :lol: ...and didn't realise we had the capabilities to do what we are doing...with the
furloughs etc..

Personally when I break it all down and TRY... and look at the stats, the worldwide stats that is,take every thing in...
don't think we've done any better or any worse than anywhere else...it is what it is and will do what it's gonna do....
I use our figures as the Benchmark,cos from what I see in other countries stats and figures on it it's a load of ballshit...
I Believe ours are the most Honest and reflect best what this thing can do.