Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Newmarket

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Newmarket »

I notice the thread veering off topic , as usual , so I’d better get my bit in quick :D

The old claiming jobseekers whilst working is fucking hard work nowadays I’d say .

Claimants have to prove , show applications for jobs etc that you’ve applied for and all sorts .

And if you can find time to do all that , whilst working , for what equates to about £40 per week or something silly like that ..
Well , it’s not worth the agg is it ?

Easier to get a job I reckon.

As you were , now , this virus ...
Bring back Jonathon !

MFY66

Post by MFY66 »

Went to Tesco yesterday where there is a Sports Direct next door, and the line for Sports Direct was 100m long (no exaggeration). World is going mad. Town centre is just as busy as it was before lockdown, and it sounds like everywhere else is the same. I’m no expert, but if everyone who is off work is just shopping and public picnicking (not keeping to the lockdown rules), then what’s the point? We might as well get everyone back to work to start reducing this massive economic damage (sounds like it’s going to be the worst recession for a 100 years), or we go back to a ‘proper’ lockdown.

Either way, what’s going on right now is just ridiculous, and I think we may be creating some pretty crappy consequences for ourselves.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:00 am
mkhammer wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 10:37 am

Mate.. the people in those queues......who were...pushing and shoving...(.I used Primarks ,but meant generally) have a look
at the Oxford Street Nike Store Footage....
Are not the poor fuckers that are struggling...that I'm fully aware of are out there........it's these fuckers that are spending
their....UCs and other Benefits on a £70 pair of trainers whilst having other incomes...dodgy or legit...that are fuckin it up
for the single mothers, others etc..that really need it...
I don't blame anybody for ripping off the system tbh. But I do blame the silly fucking politicians, both sides of the house, who over the years have presided over a system which is so open to abuse that, guess what, people abuse it. And what do they do about it ?

Fuck all is what. My eldest boy recently had a bit of work done on his house and was encouraged to pay the blokes in cash, for which he received a reduced price for the job. Obviously he took advantage, so he's part of the conspiracy just like any of us would have been. My 14 year old grandson suggested during a conversation that if we did away with cash that situation couldn't happen. I'm not sure it couldn't happen but it would sure as hell make it more difficult to get away with. Let's face it we don't need cash any more do we ? Since I started paying my bar bills with plastic (the last bastion of the cash transaction) the only time I use cash now is when I bung the grandkids a few quid when I see them.

And is what my boy did, and what I've certainly done in the past, which is effectively stiffing the system, any worse than the bloke who claims jobseekers allowance whilst working as a driver for Uber or doing a bit of cash in hand car delivery work ?
I'm not innocent myself mate from some of the stuff you mentioned.....but there's using the system...and taking the piss...
and working while claiming benefits crosses the line for me......but admit the line is a bit flexible.... :lol:
And claiming benefits while knocking out a bit of blow or whatever...is a fuckin NO NO...But we all know someone that does

Odd job here and there for a couple ton whatever ...fair enough.....pulling in 30 grand a year...different matter...
Also depends on circumstances...couple young kids...just been laid off....I'd do it if could get away with it...
you do the best for your family...whatever that takes....but you know as well as me...there's some lazy arseholes out there
who have no intention of working....

Blame Blair for the Benefits life style choice, instead of it being a fallback system for people that actually need it.
Caused a situation where by a lot of people were far far better of on the dole than going to work...and I mean hugely
better off....
The Tories wont have that....a lot wont like it it...but it's wrong to have someone making more for not going to work
than a guy that does...

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

mkhammer wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:14 pm
Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:00 am

I don't blame anybody for ripping off the system tbh. But I do blame the silly fucking politicians, both sides of the house, who over the years have presided over a system which is so open to abuse that, guess what, people abuse it. And what do they do about it ?

Fuck all is what. My eldest boy recently had a bit of work done on his house and was encouraged to pay the blokes in cash, for which he received a reduced price for the job. Obviously he took advantage, so he's part of the conspiracy just like any of us would have been. My 14 year old grandson suggested during a conversation that if we did away with cash that situation couldn't happen. I'm not sure it couldn't happen but it would sure as hell make it more difficult to get away with. Let's face it we don't need cash any more do we ? Since I started paying my bar bills with plastic (the last bastion of the cash transaction) the only time I use cash now is when I bung the grandkids a few quid when I see them.

And is what my boy did, and what I've certainly done in the past, which is effectively stiffing the system, any worse than the bloke who claims jobseekers allowance whilst working as a driver for Uber or doing a bit of cash in hand car delivery work ?
I'm not innocent myself mate from some of the stuff you mentioned.....but there's using the system...and taking the piss...
and working while claiming benefits crosses the line for me......but admit the line is a bit flexible.... :lol:
And claiming benefits while knocking out a bit of blow or whatever...is a fuckin NO NO...But we all know someone that does

Odd job here and there for a couple ton whatever ...fair enough.....pulling in 30 grand a year...different matter...
Also depends on circumstances...couple young kids...just been laid off....I'd do it if could get away with it...
you do the best for your family...whatever that takes....but you know as well as me...there's some lazy arseholes out there

Blame Blair for the Benefits life style choice, instead of it being a fallback system for people that actually need it.
Caused a situation where by a lot of people were far far better of on the dole than going to work...and I mean hugely
better off....
The Tories wont have that....a lot wont like it it...but it's wrong to have someone making more for not going to work
than a guy that does...
Imo the Tories are every bit as bad. Have they done anything to plug the glaring loopholes .? Of course they haven’t. Because it’s a vote loser. And if a person can milk the system they will. Taking the piss it may well be but it’s the system that needs a radical shakeup.

I'm no fan of Blair but the benefit shambles was in place a long time before he took office. And speaking as someone who has traditionally voted Conservative the present government's borrowing far exceeds even the most left wing Labour governments of the past.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Whiskyman wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:25 pm
mkhammer wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 7:14 pm

better off....
than a guy that does...
Imo the Tories are every bit as bad. Have they done anything to plug the glaring loopholes .? Of course they haven’t. Because it’s a vote loser. And if a person can milk the system they will. Taking the piss it may well be but it’s the system that needs a radical shakeup.

I'm no fan of Blair but the benefit shambles was in place a long time before he took office. And speaking as someone who has traditionally voted Conservative the present government's borrowing far exceeds even the most left wing Labour governments of the past.
Think they are trying to make a fairer system...trying to get just one payment to people...instead of the 3/4 even 5 different
payments people can claim...that's what makes it open to false claims...
Garnering votes is a left thing...in fact Tories do the opposite...they told/tell the Public...we WILL make cutbacks...and
keep on till we're out of the mire Labour left us in.....that's not a vote winner in fact the opposite...yet they still piss an election...
The public get it now,know what needs to be done,despite what our media would have you believe..

Was a boomtime for benefits payouts under Blair.....went from a fallback system to a life style choice under that government..
Not just for the "Working Classes" either....targeted the "Middles" with it as well...allowing extra child benefits,for couples
with joint incomes of 70 thousand or so....covered all bases Blair....Rich ...Media....you name it.....Banks questioned he's
use of credit cards....so he fucked off sharpish....guy was a toerag as far as this country was concerned...

We're going right of topic.... :lol: ....but love a political debate...any debate come to that...

Absolutely no fun if we all agree...

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Funny we're all looking at coming out the other end of this thing....yet worldwide I don't think it's anywhere near peaking yet
infections are going up every day....but the death rates recorded are dropping....means one thing only...deaths are not being
recorded......Russia ,India,Brazil others are reporting deaths way below the average...no way in the world are their death rates
correct.
Strikes me UK is one of the few countries being honest about it..we should use our ratio of deaths for other countries,
they don't have a different Virus...
Still questioning Germanys figures....they didn't do anything drastically different yet their death rate is recorded as
a 5th of ours and everywhere else in Europe.....Strange..

Think that's why we have to seriously look at people coming into the country and the quarantine thing,we have to judge
what we do on rest of the world now,not just our stats....
Think maybe Europe as a whole should stop all visitors from rest of world...include Russia in that....then maybe we
could ease up on travel restrictions within Europe......peoples holidays etc....which is huge part of countries economies..
ours included.

Hoping our easing down doesn't see things pick up again...TBH thought our New Cases/Deaths....would have to be a
lot lower than they are before we eased up.........but we really have to get things moving again...we can't shut down
any longer..

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

MFY66 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 3:11 pm Went to Tesco yesterday where there is a Sports Direct next door, and the line for Sports Direct was 100m long (no exaggeration). World is going mad. Town centre is just as busy as it was before lockdown, and it sounds like everywhere else is the same. I’m no expert, but if everyone who is off work is just shopping and public picnicking (not keeping to the lockdown rules), then what’s the point? We might as well get everyone back to work to start reducing this massive economic damage (sounds like it’s going to be the worst recession for a 100 years), or we go back to a ‘proper’ lockdown.

Either way, what’s going on right now is just ridiculous, and I think we may be creating some pretty crappy consequences for ourselves.
At least the soapy cunts will think it’s worth the risk for a pair of manky Lonsdale trainers.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 12:56 pm I notice the thread veering off topic , as usual , so I’d better get my bit in quick :D

The old claiming jobseekers whilst working is fucking hard work nowadays I’d say .

Claimants have to prove , show applications for jobs etc that you’ve applied for and all sorts .

And if you can find time to do all that , whilst working , for what equates to about £40 per week or something silly like that ..
Well , it’s not worth the agg is it ?

Easier to get a job I reckon.

As you were , now , this virus ...
I'm getting JSA at the moment. They've not asked me to prove a thing about job seeking. Maybe coz I'm self employed but still, you'd have thought they'd ask.
COYI!!!

hd1

Post by hd1 »

hd1 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:39 pm Father in law back in hospital today with pneumonia and has been going downhill since before the funeral 10 days ago.

Brother had a heart attack 9 days ago, fortunately he was sorted very quickly and had 2 stents fitted but a close call.

Daughter knocked herself out 8 days ago and because her husband had had a few sherbets he couldn't drive to the hospital, so they called me to go as she was getting agitated.

It's been an eventful few months all in all, so when I see those stupid fuckers on the beach without a care in the world there's a fair amount of abuse thrown at the TV!
Sadly c19 has taken another loved one, my Father in Law passed away on Tuesday. He survived the virus and a heart attack, but couldn't get over the effects on his body and the pneumonia couldn't be treated and I think he had a broken heart too with losing his childhood sweetheart to it

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

hd1 wrote: Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:32 am
hd1 wrote: Mon Jun 01, 2020 10:39 pm Father in law back in hospital today with pneumonia and has been going downhill since before the funeral 10 days ago.

Brother had a heart attack 9 days ago, fortunately he was sorted very quickly and had 2 stents fitted but a close call.

Daughter knocked herself out 8 days ago and because her husband had had a few sherbets he couldn't drive to the hospital, so they called me to go as she was getting agitated.

It's been an eventful few months all in all, so when I see those stupid fuckers on the beach without a care in the world there's a fair amount of abuse thrown at the TV!
Sadly c19 has taken another loved one, my Father in Law passed away on Tuesday. He survived the virus and a heart attack, but couldn't get over the effects on his body and the pneumonia couldn't be treated and I think he had a broken heart too with losing his childhood sweetheart to it
Unfortunately that often happens. My mother died two months after father passed. On the face of it she was healthy - clearly not. The certificate said natural causes.