Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BlackDiamond

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:00 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:56 pm
We need to recognise what it is and what it isn't. It isn't the most deadly by any measurement. You need to consider morbidity rates. Ebola and SARS were/are more lethal - if you contract them. The flu of 1918 killed between 50 and 100 million with roughly a year. And people who caught it died after less than 24 hours. Not 28 days - and deaths from Covid are because of secondary considerations.

That does not trivialize the virus one bit. Basically if you are healthy you shrug it off. If you are slightly weakened in certain aspects then it can cause serious complications and death.

So with a world population of 8 billion there are probably 200 million who could be put in danger or harms way. Which is why the whole worlds population is hiding away and hoping something other people will do will make it go away.

Now some people feel it's not worth the candle and we should roll the dice, let nature decide who falls and stands. A "you don't miss the end off a sliced loaf" attitude. That's pretty callous but it is a positive decision.

And that's the problem. After a year, we are still having debates over the what, where and how...which is why no one can give a straight answer to the when...
I’d be devastated if there were no more ends to a loaf. That’s the best bit
That's why I said it was pretty callous... 8-)

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:03 pm
JayK wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:00 pm

I’d be devastated if there were no more ends to a loaf. That’s the best bit
That's why I said it was pretty callous... 8-)
And you are right 😄. My Dad always said eat it and it’ll hairs on your chest. I didn’t realise that would mean it stopped growing on top and accelerated outta ears and nose though ffs
COYI!!!

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

And here is today's latest fear mongering bullshit

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/scie ... 92178.html

"there are no known cases in which there has been spillback to humans"
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Ironworksfc wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:42 pm
mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:40 am First of all a "TORY" Government "Scaremongering" to bring the UK and it's Economy down...DELIBERATELY.... :lol:
Never heard such crap...C'mon......Why the fuck would they do that...makes no Sense,not even an argument..

Every Single Damaging Virus thats been around us...if we can create a vaccine against it we do...there's thousands...
But this one..the deadliest so far...and there's more to come ..your saying whats the point..
We have inoculations/Vaccines for everything Birth to death...worldwide...Malaria/Typhoid..etc...not just Viruses...
.....Don't bother with Vaccinations....you wont be leaving your houses,for a fucking long time.....

Less Flu around......could it be cos we are walking round with fuckin masks on and are isolating and have been in lockdown
for most of the Bloody year...just a thought...it aint spreading cos we're not passing it around...however Covid still can.
This thing is getting to people before flu does it's much more virulent..

Do you consider where would we be in relation to Cases/Deaths...Hospital intakes etc...without the precautions we have
taken and will continue to take....by the way it's the fit guys and girls among us that are the problem...going out mingling
and passing it on...you can have it and be running a fuckin Marathon...we're not all that Lucky unfortunately.
It's not the ill passing it on...it's people that show no signs of it...THATS THE FUCKIN PROBLEM........

What needs to happen before some of you guys get it...
The fact you actually used the argument that people are not catching and dieing from influenza is because we are wearing masks and isolating, but think that covid is so virulent it's spreading with those measures in place, shows me all I need to know about your level of intelligence.
Thanks mate....Fuckin know yours now.....talk about not reading and listening and getting something....

Your statement argues against itself and backs mine up....READ IT..............

You Defy Logic Mate....

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:42 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:42 pm

The fact you actually used the argument that people are not catching and dieing from influenza is because we are wearing masks and isolating, but think that covid is so virulent it's spreading with those measures in place, shows me all I need to know about your level of intelligence.
Thanks mate....Fuckin know yours now.....talk about not reading and listening and getting something....

You Defy Logic Mate....
Going by your logic and you can't catch anything else other than covid, influenza has been eradicated because you catch covid first, means that I haven't had a cold 3 times since this started, I've actually had covid 3 times.

I back nothing you say, because you are a moron, an easily manipulated, easily scared moron.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:40 am First of all a "TORY" Government "Scaremongering" to bring the UK and it's Economy down...DELIBERATELY.... :lol:
Never heard such crap...C'mon......Why the fuck would they do that...makes no Sense,not even an argument..

Every Single Damaging Virus thats been around us...if we can create a vaccine against it we do...there's thousands...
But this one..the deadliest so far...and there's more to come ..your saying whats the point..
We have inoculations/Vaccines for everything Birth to death...worldwide...Malaria/Typhoid..etc...not just Viruses...
.....Don't bother with Vaccinations....you wont be leaving your houses,for a fucking long time.....

Less Flu around......could it be cos we are walking round with fuckin masks on and are isolating and have been in lockdown
for most of the Bloody year...just a thought...it aint spreading cos we're not passing it around...however Covid still can.
This thing is getting to people before flu does it's much more virulent..

Do you consider where would we be in relation to Cases/Deaths...Hospital intakes etc...without the precautions we have
taken and will continue to take....by the way it's the fit guys and girls among us that are the problem...going out mingling
and passing it on...you can have it and be running a fuckin Marathon...we're not all that Lucky unfortunately.
It's not the ill passing it on...it's people that show no signs of it...THATS THE FUCKIN PROBLEM........

What needs to happen before some of you guys get it...
We need to recognise what it is and what it isn't. It isn't the most deadly by any measurement. You need to consider morbidity rates. Ebola and SARS were/are more lethal - if you contract them. The flu of 1918 killed between 50 and 100 million with roughly a year. And people who caught it died after less than 24 hours. Not 28 days - and deaths from Covid are because of secondary considerations.

That does not trivialize the virus one bit. Basically if you are healthy you shrug it off. If you are slightly weakened in certain aspects then it can cause serious complications and death.

So with a world population of 8 billion there are probably 200 million who could be put in danger or harms way. Which is why the whole worlds population is hiding away and hoping something other people will do will make it go away.

People are to politically motivated over this
Now some people feel it's not worth the candle and we should roll the dice, let nature decide who falls and stands. A "you don't miss the end off a sliced loaf" attitude. That's pretty callous but it is a positive decision.

And that's the problem. After a year, we are still having debates over the what, where and how...which is why no one can give a straight answer to the when...
If we had the know how expertise knowledge and equipment in 1918 it would not have killed so many...Agreed...now
we do and are,what would this have done in 1918...we all just cracked on with the it's just a Flu....luck of the draw Mantra.
At this moment in time it's the UKs And most of the worlds biggest killer..at it's present rate would kill or be responsible
for killing up to 450,000 of us a year...indirectly fuck knows how many because of other cancelled ops and treatments..etc.
Those are present figures...it may or may not have peaked...I believe it poss has and that figure wont be reached...
BECAUSE of Lockdowns/Masks...Vaccines.............

People are to politically motivated over this...most of negative stuff is anti Boris and Cabinet....
Take a look on a worldwide scale what happening...

Just a Flu let it crack on......Jesus fuck....
Simply... you don't allow a virus to run it's course thru the population killing off the weak...an unknown virus that has
different strains...our one, According to Doctors and Nurses...on the frontline,is starting to affect the younger more middle
aged population.

mkhammer

Post by mkhammer »

Ironworksfc wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:47 pm
mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:42 pm

You Defy Logic Mate....
Going by your logic and you can't catch anything else other than covid, influenza has been eradicated because you catch covid first, means that I haven't had a cold 3 times since this started, I've actually had covid 3 times.

I back nothing you say, because you are a moron, an easily manipulated, easily scared moron.
I never said anything of the sort...cant you fuckin read...someone posted there was a lack of Flu deaths....I put up
some REASONING why that might be...it's poss the weak and vulnerable that might have otherwise had a bout of flu,
might be getting Covid instead as it is the prevalent Virus among us at moment...
Flu been eradicated...where the fuck did that come from.... :lol:

Why do people like you have to resort and start silly name calling and slagging off...

Thought you were better Irons...appears your like the other Twat that was on here for a while...

DONT FUCKIN READ THINGS PROPERLY.............................

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:42 pm
Ironworksfc wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:47 pm

I never said anything of the sort...cant you fuckin read...someone posted there was a lack of Flu deaths....I put up
some REASONING why that might be...it's poss the weak and vulnerable that might have otherwise had a bout of flu,
might be getting Covid instead as it is the prevalent Virus among us at moment...
Flu been eradicated...where the fuck did that come from.... :lol:

Why do people like you have to resort and start silly name calling and slagging off...

Thought you were better Irons...appears your like the other Twat that was on here for a while...

DONT FUCKIN READ THINGS PROPERLY.............................
I can read

"Less Flu around......could it be cos we are walking round with fuckin masks on and are isolating and have been in lockdown
This thing is getting to people before flu does it's much more virulent.."

Not my fault you're not very bright

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

mkhammer wrote: Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:32 pm

People are to politically motivated over this

If we had the know how expertise knowledge and equipment in 1918 it would not have killed so many...Agreed...now
we do and are,what would this have done in 1918...we all just cracked on with the it's just a Flu....luck of the draw Mantra.
At this moment in time it's the UKs And most of the worlds biggest killer..at it's present rate would kill or be responsible
for killing up to 450,000 of us a year...indirectly fuck knows how many because of other cancelled ops and treatments..etc.
Those are present figures...it may or may not have peaked...I believe it poss has and that figure wont be reached...
BECAUSE of Lockdowns/Masks...Vaccines.............

People are to politically motivated over this...most of negative stuff is anti Boris and Cabinet....
Take a look on a worldwide scale what happening...

Just a Flu let it crack on......Jesus fuck....
Simply... you don't allow a virus to run it's course thru the population killing off the weak...an unknown virus that has
different strains...our one, According to Doctors and Nurses...on the frontline,is starting to affect the younger more middle
aged population.
Every virus mutates, that's what viruses do.

You don't even understand the basics but continue to spout bollocks.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

One of the cunts that killed Lee Rigby fighting for his life with COVID
Hurry up and Fucking die you cunt.