Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BlackDiamond

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 4:53 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 5:59 pm The six people rule will apply from Monday so the rest of the week and the fucking weekend go on the piss ,party ,bbq and fuck knows what else
Monday’s the day of reckoning.
FFS
Exactly the same as happened with the bollocks about isolating if you'd been to certain countries. Come back one day---nothing, but come back 24 hours later and 14 days house arrest applies. Is it any wonder people are ignoring a lot of the shit the government's feeding us.

And what's so magic about the number 6 ? The expression "project fear" was invented by someone. During the Brexit debate I think. This fucking crap is project fear on steroids.

I can't meet more than 5 people in the pub. But 6 more of my friends can go and sit at a table suitably "socially distanced" (how I hate that fucking term) and we can communicate with each other quite openly. I could easily touch their table, which they will of course already have contaminated with the killer virus, and then go to the bar and touch that. Thus presumably condemning to a certain and horrible death anyone else who touches it after me.

But if I want to invite those same 11 friends home afterwards I can't. Total fucking bollocks, and to make it worse my MP, Grant Shapps, who I've always though of as an excellent and hard working bloke, is the minister responsible for trying to sell a lot of this crap to the public.
I wonder where these policies originate from. Is it Mr Pox or his advisor - who wants to replace efficient civil servants, with silicon valley types who sprawl all day on bean bags,wanking and dreaming up big thoughts.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

Where is everyone at now

Sweden looking like they got things right then.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

palerider

Post by palerider »

Ironworksfc wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:23 pm Where is everyone at now

Who knows ?

Maybe, maybe not.

Vast areas of Sweden have very few inhabitants. But there's the elephant in the room for all of Europe which the Mainstream media don't like published. Large parts of the big cities in Sweden have a very big mainly North African/ Middle Eastern population who thumb their noses at social distancing. They also tend to be mostly young therefore not as likely to catch it or at least be asymptomatic.

Which is the norm here as well. The obsession with diversity and the lack of will to tackle any mass gatherings by these communities have distorted the statistics. The government should release figures based on ethnicity. It wouldn't be racist as they'd be cold hard facts. But of course they never will.

With this new 'Rule of 6' it will be interesting to see if anything changes. We wait with bated breath.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

palerider wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:48 am
Ironworksfc wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:23 pm Where is everyone at now

Who knows ?

Maybe, maybe not.

Vast areas of Sweden have very few inhabitants. But there's the elephant in the room for all of Europe which the Mainstream media don't like published. Large parts of the big cities in Sweden have a very big mainly North African/ Middle Eastern population who thumb their noses at social distancing. They also tend to be mostly young therefore not as likely to catch it or at least be asymptomatic.

Which is the norm here as well. The obsession with diversity and the lack of will to tackle any mass gatherings by these communities have distorted the statistics. The government should release figures based on ethnicity. It wouldn't be racist as they'd be cold hard facts. But of course they never will.

With this new 'Rule of 6' it will be interesting to see if anything changes. We wait with bated breath.
The government refuses to release any statistics which go against what many see as a deliberate policy of engendering fear in the community. People described some of the tactics used in the Brexit debate as project fear. This fucking nonsense is project fear on steroids FFS.

We now know, according to proven scientific data that MILLIONS have caught this disease worldwide and have recovered fully. We also know that many people have died with the virus. However we also know the vast majority of the fatalities are among the elderly and people unfortunate enough to be in poorer health than most. But the government, aided by the media persistently emphasise the negatives. The infamous "R" number appears to be god at this moment in time.

Surely it is totally unreasonable for a government in any democratic society to dictate how many guests we may invite into our own homes. Most people are not stupid. They know there is a virus which potentially they could catch. So they have a choice, just as we have a choice whether to invite people round or not.

We are forced to wear those ridiculous face coverings when in supermarkets. Yet we select for our own consumption fruit, vegetables and all manner of produce which potentially has been handled by dozens of people before ending up in our trollies.

I've just C & P'd this which I think is very interesting. I wonder why the "recovered" figure for the UK isn't shown ? Answers on a postcard. It's also interesting to note that the confirmed cases figure for the UK is thought by many medical and scientific professionals to be very low'

Coronavirus (COVID-19) statistics
United Kingdom cases
Updated 11 Sep at 09:02 local
Confirmed 358,138 Deaths 41,608 Recovered -

Global cases
Confirmed 28,176,532 Deaths 909,679 Recovered 18,996,634
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:27 am
palerider wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:48 am

Who knows ?

Maybe, maybe not.

The government refuses to release any statistics which go against what many see as a deliberate policy of engendering fear in the community. People described some of the tactics used in the Brexit debate as project fear. This fucking nonsense is project fear on steroids FFS.

We now know, according to proven scientific data that MILLIONS have caught this disease worldwide and have recovered fully. We also know that many people have died with the virus. However we also know the vast majority of the fatalities are among the elderly and people unfortunate enough to be in poorer health than most. But the government, aided by the media persistently emphasise the negatives. The infamous "R" number appears to be god at this moment in time.

Surely it is totally unreasonable for a government in any democratic society to dictate how many guests we may invite into our own homes. Most people are not stupid. They know there is a virus which potentially they could catch. So they have a choice, just as we have a choice whether to invite people round or not.

We are forced to wear those ridiculous face coverings when in supermarkets. Yet we select for our own consumption fruit, vegetables and all manner of produce which potentially has been handled by dozens of people before ending up in our trollies.

I've just C & P'd this which I think is very interesting. I wonder why the "recovered" figure for the UK isn't shown ? Answers on a postcard. It's also interesting to note that the confirmed cases figure for the UK is thought by many medical and scientific professionals to be very low'

United Kingdom cases

Global cases
The UK stopped publishing the "recovered" figures in June and then stopped publishing the "active cases". They appear as N/A,which is non applicable.
But hang on - those columns of data are very applicable because in a table of numbers they show the breakdowns of the totals. That's why it's a table.

I suspect they really wanted to obscure the "active cases" number because that illustrates where we really are. Notice they still publish the "critical" figures but they, in isolation, now become meaningless.

We were not the only nation to decide on this reporting method,but we were the first.

Or,track-and-trace is so fucking crap,no one can supply any accurate information and certainly not for a daily update. Therefore just scrap certain reporting criteria because no body could make the overall totals correct.

...all of which half-cocked speculation might lead,to the pertinent inquiry, "how did they land on the special "6" isolation number ?"

And the best way of viewing that - as with all great mysteries - is...don't ask

terrya1965

Post by terrya1965 »

Amazing really..I am not allowed to meet more than 6 people in my household,but I can work with a 100 people in a warehouse and my son can sit in college with a class of 25.

MAKES NO SENSE AT ALL.

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:13 am
Whiskyman wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:27 am

United Kingdom cases

Global cases
The UK stopped publishing the "recovered" figures in June and then stopped publishing the "active cases". They appear as N/A,which is non applicable.
But hang on - those columns of data are very applicable because in a table of numbers they show the breakdowns of the totals. That's why it's a table.

I suspect they really wanted to obscure the "active cases" number because that illustrates where we really are. Notice they still publish the "critical" figures but they, in isolation, now become meaningless.

We were not the only nation to decide on this reporting method,but we were the first.

Or,track-and-trace is so fucking crap,no one can supply any accurate information and certainly not for a daily update. Therefore just scrap certain reporting criteria because no body could make the overall totals correct.

...all of which half-cocked speculation might lead,to the pertinent inquiry, "how did they land on the special "6" isolation number ?"

And the best way of viewing that - as with all great mysteries - is...don't ask
Boris called a cabinet meeting and asked each minister to select a number between 2 and 12. Each response was recorded and an overall total reached. There was a full cabinet in attendance so 23 people were there but unfortunately Michael Gove didn't understand what he had to do and abstained. The total came to 141 which, divided by 22 came to 6.41 and was rounded down to 6 despite some opposition from ministers who felt the number should have been rounded up to 7.

As for the date when the new law would apply from-----that was decided by Matt Hancock sticking a pin in a calendar for the month of September. To avoid any whiff of corruption he was blindfolded and unfortunately with his first attempt he managed to miss the calendar and stick the pin in his own leg.

Hope that clears it up for you.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Rick_Deckard

Post by Rick_Deckard »

You can thank our mostly our third world imports for this current debacle...look at the places that mainly the cause of the problems are, spikes etc, and the ones mostly bleating about "more than six " in the family..

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

How are we supposed to interpret the "rule of 6",I'm not talking about the BAMEs. It doesn't apply on buses & trains but does cover gardens.

What can we learn from the PM about rules:

Scientists: Don't shake hands
Johnson: I shake hands with everyone

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Plenty of jolly ups over my way before the rule of six tomorrow
Who’d have thought?