Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
BlackDiamond

Re: Coronavirus

Post by BlackDiamond »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 5:37 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Thu Aug 13, 2020 2:50 pm People have not been following the PM's return to work suggestion and consequently we are not yet seeing the rise in infections that are happening on the continent.

France have said the problem is people mixing with each other and making themselves ill. While Germany are now suggesting home working is the preferred way of getting business done.

In some ways the PM being the person he is and the public's appreciation of him being that person, is now having the paradoxical affect of actually saving lives.
So basically Cunts save lives ?

Astonishing :D
I think you might be on to something there NM...surprised nobody else has had the same idea

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:08 pm The glorious twelfth

Anyone go Grouse shooting today?
I prefer drinking Famous Grouse to shooting it.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Whiskyman wrote: Fri Aug 14, 2020 12:15 pm
Dwayne Pipes wrote: Wed Aug 12, 2020 11:08 pm The glorious twelfth

Anyone go Grouse shooting today?
I prefer drinking Famous Grouse to shooting it.
Yes the two don’t mix well.

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

The evacuation from France by holiday makers reminded me of Dunkirk
The small boat flotillas are reserved for African ,Afghan and Somalian doctors though.

Ironworksfc

Post by Ironworksfc »

How is everyone enjoying their masks?

The world continues to argue whether Sweden got it right or not, which is brilliant distraction from the great lockdown fuck up.

At least or government keep things interesting, the dreaded R rate and daily deaths has now been replaced with number of cases per 100,000, which is handy to keep the fear in place when the number of deaths is to low to keep people scared.
Omicron is an anagram of moronic

Dwayne Pipes

Post by Dwayne Pipes »

Dimitri Payet has it now
Must still be playing away
;)

Whiskyman

Post by Whiskyman »

Ironworksfc wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:41 pm How is everyone enjoying their masks?

The world continues to argue whether Sweden got it right or not, which is brilliant distraction from the great lockdown fuck up.

At least or government keep things interesting, the dreaded R rate and daily deaths has now been replaced with number of cases per 100,000, which is handy to keep the fear in place when the number of deaths is to low to keep people scared.
I make that pretty much spot on. There's now evidence that as many as 3 million may have had the virus in the UK alone. Surely it's now fucking obvious to anyone with half a working brain cell that this thing isn't the 21st century equivalent of the Black Death FFS.

The world's economies are being fucked up, people's livelihoods are being taken away, personal liberties are being eroded, and kids' educations and social development are being damaged. And a substantial number of people seem totally fucking terrified of any form of human contact. It really is pathetic imo.
Why Is There Only One Monopolies Commission. Isn't That A Monopoly?

palerider

Post by palerider »

Whiskyman wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 10:26 am
Ironworksfc wrote: Fri Aug 21, 2020 5:41 pm How is everyone enjoying their masks?

I make that pretty much spot on. There's now evidence that as many as 3 million may have had the virus in the UK alone. Surely it's now fucking obvious to anyone with half a working brain cell that this thing isn't the 21st century equivalent of the Black Death FFS.

The world's economies are being fucked up, people's livelihoods are being taken away, personal liberties are being eroded, and kids' educations and social development are being damaged. And a substantial number of people seem totally fucking terrified of any form of human contact. It really is pathetic imo.
I'll admit to being concerned around the end of March until maybe the end of April when looking at the scenes in Italian hospitals. But the vast majority were the very elderly. And in Italy, smoking is practically compulsory for old people. Coronavirus and puffing away don't mix.

Since then my view has changed to the degree that Covid-19 is a child's scary story. One that makes them look under the bed for the bogeyman.

And to quote Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

It turned me into a newt.

I got better.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

The government - Johnson - are pushing the idea that,missing school is worse than the virus. So could we then say,that missing anything is also worse than the virus. Should the government's new autumn message be: Missing things is Bad. Getting the virus is not as bad as missing things.

How popular would that make Johnson. And England would finally be grate again

Macca666

Post by Macca666 »

The whole pandemic has and still is a total piss take, lockdown has been and still is a total piss take, finally people are starting to wake up and start questioning government policy, most people I talk too on the subject all say it’s total nonsense but keep quiet for fear of ridicule, me I couldn’t give a fuck take the piss if you so wish.