Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Oziron
Director of Avatars

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Oziron »

JayK

Post by JayK »

9898 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:16 pm Some real whiny, pissy little posts on this thread.
You lot need to man up and face facts.

The virus is airborne.
The Government had a decision to make, let everyone know and then see massive mask shortages for hospital and key workers or make a tough decision and wait until supply of masks is sufficient not to affect the need of hospital and key workers.
You can argue about rights and wrongs of PPE supplies but being in charge means you make fucking hard decisions.

Mistakes in preparation by every country but at some point you need to play the cards in your hands.

Grow up.
Pretty sure New Zealand and Australia dealt with it much better. So not all countries fucked up
COYI!!!

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:25 am
9898 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:16 pm Some real whiny, pissy little posts on this thread.
You lot need to man up and face facts.

The virus is airborne.
The Government had a decision to make, let everyone know and then see massive mask shortages for hospital and key workers or make a tough decision and wait until supply of masks is sufficient not to affect the need of hospital and key workers.
You can argue about rights and wrongs of PPE supplies but being in charge means you make fucking hard decisions.

Mistakes in preparation by every country but at some point you need to play the cards in your hands.

Grow up.
Pretty sure New Zealand and Australia dealt with it much better. So not all countries fucked up
Correct Jay. But we’ve lifted the restrictions too early, and are now at the start of the second wave. Dickheads. I think NZ is still on top of it though.

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:31 am
JayK wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:25 am

Correct Jay. But we’ve lifted the restrictions too early, and are now at the start of the second wave. Dickheads. I think NZ is still on top of it though.
Over confidence I guess. I did see Melbourne get locked down the other week.
Speak to my cousins in NZ a few times and seems they got it bang on. Only cases they had recently were a couple of Brits there for a funeral or visit a sick relative of something and were let out of quarantine early to be able to do that. Not heard anything else since.
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

Oziron wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:01 pm
Excellent. He is very good in the short 3 min' formats. I saw him in a filmed 1 hour special and it didn't work at all. Difficult to sustain the impact and interest. He is one of those performers, where less really is more.

Oziron
Director of Avatars

Post by Oziron »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:22 pm
Oziron wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 9:01 pm
Excellent. He is very good in the short 3 min' formats. I saw him in a filmed 1 hour special and it didn't work at all. Difficult to sustain the impact and interest. He is one of those performers, where less really is more.
Yeah i agree....His lockdown series was very funny too.

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

14 day quarantine introduced for all travellers arriving from Spain. Apparently people have not been social distancing,washing their hands and following sensible guidelines. Spain have reported 1,000 new infections within 48 hours.

EasyJet will have to switch their £29 flight offers to other shores. The Gold Coast in Bulgaria might still save their summer. Not much to offer but you can mix with East Germans and slyly flash your blue passport.

OZHAMMER

Post by OZHAMMER »

JayK wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:10 pm
OZHAMMER wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 10:31 am

Speak to my cousins in NZ a few times and seems they got it bang on. Only cases they had recently were a couple of Brits there for a funeral or visit a sick relative of something and were let out of quarantine early to be able to do that. Not heard anything else since.
What did the Kiwi say to the Jew?

Hebrew.

palerider

Post by palerider »

BlackDiamond wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:54 pm 14 day quarantine introduced for all travellers arriving from Spain. Apparently people have not been social distancing,washing their hands and following sensible guidelines. Spain have reported 1,000 new infections within 48 hours.

EasyJet will have to switch their £29 flight offers to other shores. The Gold Coast in Bulgaria might still save their summer. Not much to offer but you can mix with East Germans and slyly flash your blue passport.
A mate of mine is stuck in Catalonia with his family.

Self-imposed as he's staying with another friend of mine who lives out there and is happy for them to stay as long as they like, but thousands of others won't be that lucky.

He's a season ticket holder so he won't be able to take his seat at the ILS in October now. Except that he wouldn't have been able to anyway as the thought of crowds returning is laughable.

Nothing will be back to normal until there's a vaccine.

JayK

Post by JayK »

OZHAMMER wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:06 am
JayK wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 6:10 pm

What did the Kiwi say to the Jew?

Hebrew.
omg 🤦🏻‍♂️😂
COYI!!!