Coronavirus

News, Banter and anything else non football!!
Newmarket

Re: Coronavirus

Post by Newmarket »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:10 pm
Newmarket wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:43 pm

Which shops sell face masks Whisk ? Any idea ?

Cos I’m going to need one if I need to pop into a shop arent I ?

I wonder if I’ll be allowed into the shop to buy a face mask without a face mask ?

Ffs what a bunch of Cunts our Government are .

How long has this fucking Virus been around now ?

And the masks are JUST now compulsory ?

The government, not just ours because it seems to be the case pretty much everywhere, has managed to instill a sense of panic into the population at large, presumably to ensure people comply with the "new normal" directives being imposed.
Thanks .

And yet at the height of the “lockdown” which was rightly or wrongly imposed , I dunno which , every un-indigenous Cunt in this country was completely ignoring it and our wonderful government and oh so wonderful Police forces did FUCK ALL about it.

NOW they impose “compulsory “ wearing of masks on public transport and shops ?
When during March April and May I was commuting to work early in the morning on buses like a sardine due to their special COVID-19 timetables meaning one bus an hour instead of 3...

But that was ok cos I’m a key worker :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This country is fucked up man . (Head shaking emoji)
Bring back Jonathon !

JayK

Post by JayK »

Whiskyman wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:47 pm So now if I go to Tescos I have to wear one of those stupid fucking masks. Unless I'm eating food in the cafe there. Or having a haitcut in the barber shop franchise in store. Or if I'm suffering from a mental condition which means I can't wear one, although I didn't know there was a mental condition relating to face coverings.

And if I'm in the fruit and veg department I can still handle the fruit on display, even though I might have taken a fucking dump and not washed my hands after wiping my arse. I'm fucking sure the government are making up these rules on the hoof. Seems to be absolutely no scientific rationale whatsoever behind it.

One question Mr Hancock. If it is so fucking important for me to cover my face while shopping, why have I been able to go shopping, if I wanted to, every day since you announced this new regulation (probably regulation no 952) without one until tomorrow ?

The "new normal" FFS. :x

I wonder if I’ll be allowed into the shop to buy a face mask without a face mask ?

Your last point is what I've been harping on about since it was decided. Why now ffs? It shoulda been a regulation from the start. It's common knowledge the virus is spread by droplets. Wear the mask "in xase" you have it so you don't spread it. If 2 people are stood talking and only 1 has a mask, the mask wearer is still at risk coz the droplets will land on the mask. Stupid to only just make the rule now.
Likewise, my brother in law and a friend who previously beat cancer only received a letter to shield about 10-12 weeks into the pandemic. Why only just then ffs? Most government's around the globe have been really really stupid and shit with this thing.
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:31 am

Your last point is what I've been harping on about since it was decided. Why now ffs? It shoulda been a regulation from the start. It's common knowledge the virus is spread by droplets. Wear the mask "in xase" you have it so you don't spread it. If 2 people are stood talking and only 1 has a mask, the mask wearer is still at risk coz the droplets will land on the mask. Stupid to only just make the rule now.
Likewise, my brother in law and a friend who previously beat cancer only received a letter to shield about 10-12 weeks into the pandemic. Why only just then ffs? Most government's around the globe have been really really stupid and shit with this thing.
There are two different schools of thought around mandatory mask wearing.

Wearing a mask hoping to prevent viral particles being breathed in,is like me putting up a chain link fence
around a garden hoping to stop mosquitoes. Viral particles are about 1000 times smaller than the pores
in a mask that allows you to breathe air.

Wearing a mask can reduce viral transmission rates by 70% and therefore is a useful tool with frequent hand washing and social distancing.

Both are true and both like Schrödinger's cat can exist at the same time.

The question is, why now, have the govt decided to introduce these measures. And the answer might be because
they have information,not shared with us,that suggests things, are going to get a lot fucking worse,everywhere and real quick.

Or they are simply a bit slow in doing stuff - like 4 months slow

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:20 am
JayK wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:31 am

Wearing a mask hoping to prevent viral particles being breathed in,is like me putting up a chain link fence
around a garden hoping to stop mosquitoes. Viral particles are about 1000 times smaller than the pores

Wearing a mask can reduce viral transmission rates by 70% and therefore is a useful tool with frequent hand washing and social distancing.

The question is, why now, have the govt decided to introduce these measures. And the answer might be because
they have information,not shared with us,that suggests things, are going to get a lot fucking worse,everywhere and real quick.

Maybe both. And maybe they have a deal with mask manufacturers. Wouldn’t surprise me with the last one as I see most political figures as corrupt and egotistical
COYI!!!

BlackDiamond

Post by BlackDiamond »

JayK wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:42 am
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:20 am

Maybe both. And maybe they have a deal with mask manufacturers. Wouldn’t surprise me with the last one as I see most political figures as corrupt and egotistical
The image I like to conjure is - everyone wearing a mask queuing in a bank...

JayK

Post by JayK »

BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:07 am
JayK wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:42 am

All counter staff with their hands up 😂

Thieves will definitely be loving the compulsory mask wearing though
COYI!!!

Newmarket

Post by Newmarket »

JayK wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:29 pm
BlackDiamond wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:07 am

I’ve been to my local convenience store /sub PO already this morning and witnessed rows between the shop owner and 3 people over the wearing of masks.

He said the fun & games had already started earlier and is considering employing a doorman to oversee .

It’ll calm down in a few days I expect but these 3 people were adamant it wasn’t Law ...
And quite aggressive in the way they put their point across.

I felt quite sorry for the shop owner but then remembered he’s a Spud :lol:
Bring back Jonathon !

palerider

Post by palerider »

I'm shit scared of going out now.

Bring out yer dead.

JayK

Post by JayK »

Newmarket wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:44 pm
JayK wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:29 pm

I’ve been to my local convenience store /sub PO already this morning and witnessed rows between the shop owner and 3 people over the wearing of masks.

He said the fun & games had already started earlier and is considering employing a doorman to oversee .

It’ll calm down in a few days I expect but these 3 people were adamant it wasn’t Law ...
And quite aggressive in the way they put their point across.

I felt quite sorry for the shop owner but then remembered he’s a Spud :lol:
That's the thing. Stores can refuse to serve the customers, but they can't enforce the law. I'm sure supermarkets gonna have an interesting time of it but police won't be able to police it like they weren't able to police the lockdown.

And being a spud, he clearly brought it on himself 😂
COYI!!!

Post by 9898 »

Some real whiny, pissy little posts on this thread.
You lot need to man up and face facts.

The virus is airborne.
The Government had a decision to make, let everyone know and then see massive mask shortages for hospital and key workers or make a tough decision and wait until supply of masks is sufficient not to affect the need of hospital and key workers.
You can argue about rights and wrongs of PPE supplies but being in charge means you make fucking hard decisions.

Mistakes in preparation by every country but at some point you need to play the cards in your hands.

Grow up.
"Mum. I've wet the bed again."